“We Loved Lucas”
Review of Lucas On 9 - CLOSED

Lucas On 9
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My husband, my adult daughter, son and his girlfriend all enjoyed the food and especially the atmosphere. On a busy July 4th weekend, we arrived early and were lucky to get seated for five w/o reservation. Upon arrival, we noticed a beautiful bar area with a very friendly bartender who made a perfect handshaken margarita! I had a fabulous baked haddock served with red roasted cheesy potatoes, it was perfect. Hubby loved the jambalya, and my son had the huge rack of ribs, and the meat fell off the bone! We met the lovely owner and cudos to her son the chef! I believe the restaurant is named after her son who passed away a few years ago. It's a great place for a wonderful meal!

Reviewed 7 July 2013

My wife and I by chance came upon Lucas on 9 restaurant. It resembled my wife's maiden name.We went inside to find these to huge smiles and a very warm greeting. We looked at the menu and right away figured whomever was running the kitchen had to be quite educated to put some of the combinations together for the menu items. ( being in the restaurant business for twenty plus years you pick up on things like that) Well we were asked if we were ready to be seated by a third person with a big smile!!!! Oh my god these folks are a happy bunch of people. Well our Caesar came Yup fresh washed romaine and a homemade ceasar dressing topped with a nice shredded cheese " someone cares in that kitchen".Our meals came My wife had the haddock,calamata olives, sundried tomato and feta cheese. Odd combination I thought at first .She wanted to try it ..... WOW! great portion, vegetables were perfect. I got chicken Parm . something I would never get in a Restaurant but they recommended it so what the hell. This was no ordinary chicken Parm . It was a well presented probably 8-10 pounded chicken breast with a real different breading and I knew I knew right away a homemade sauce.Our server ( not ordertaker) there is a difference checked on us 3-4 times to see if we needed something" Emily" what a nice young lady. She was wonderful. funny thing I asked her who the attractive lady in the dress was . I knew she was someone of the higher ups in the restaurant. The woman came over another one with a big smile. She was one of the owners. HUMBLE!!!!!!!!Just a nice woman!!! loved talking with her for twenty minutes.......I would recommend this nice establishment and now when we come from salem ma TO Maine. we have a place we know is going to be great ......keep up the wonderful work lucas9.

Bob and Steph your newest Fans!!!!

Reviewed 6 July 2013

I cannot imagine how anyone could give this place an even passable review. Something must have happened there. We just had an early dinner there tonight. ALL the food was tasteless, many of the menu items were not available, and it is the Saturday night of July 4th weekend! The crab stuffed mushrooms were terrible, as was the haddock dish my husband had. The children's menu items were probably the best thing on the table, and my daughter remarked that they were the worst chicken fingers she ever had! The service was lax on top of everything else, and the prices would be appropriate for a very high quality casual dining place, but certainly not for the quality of food we got. The dreadful "Muzak" in the background didn't enhance the experience either. It was quite a disappointment for our first evening on vacation in Maine.

1  Thank RawDesign
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Every Friday night we call and reserve our bar stools for drinks and dinner at Lucas on 9 with our best of friends! We live close by and after a long day at the beach we all look forward to our evening and Deb & John Lane, our hosts that always have a warm welcome for us and their son Jonathan's cooking and darling wife Sarah who is one of the many waitresses.

The restaurant is spotlessly clean, the food delicious and the staff so friendly! We feel like family when we are there! Great family atmosphere, plenty of tables in the dining room or if you prefer pub tables in the bar area with big screen TV's.

Very cozy and I would recommend Lucas on 9 for a great meal any day or night; don't forget to call for a reservation on weekends or holidays!

See you at the bar on Friday nights!

Christine & Kerm

Reviewed 5 July 2013

We live in K-port and eat at Lucas often. Tonight we had scallops wrapped with bacon, the house salad, their great rolls, and a selection from a their top notch wine list. The service was great, the food was great. We love eating there.