“Great restaurant with attentive owner”
Review of Lucas On 9 - CLOSED

Lucas On 9
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Leland, North Carolina
“Great restaurant with attentive owner”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This restaurant was highly recommended by the hotel we were staying at in Kennebunkport. When the reservation was made we mentioned my need for gluten-free options. Upon our arrival we were met by the owner Debbie who assured me they would accommodate my dietary needs, which they did very well. I had made a priority on this trip to consume as much lobster as I could and this was a terrific start to this mission. We started with scallops wrapped in bacon, which was the best we ever had!! Then came my lobster which I requested be left intact because I love the work of getting the lobster out of the shell! My husband chose the "lazy man's" version which he equally enjoyed. Also the side vegetables were a wonderful compliment to the lobster. Unfortunately, we did not have room for dessert after this delicious dinner, so we passed on that. Overall, I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Great Spot!”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We accidentally stumbled on this restaurant, and found that it had won awards and was highly recommended on TripAdvisor. We had a little wait, but was it worth it!

We had the turkey dinner -- scrumptious, just like The Big Day. My husband had a spicy salmon which he declared was the best he had ever had.

Do yourself a favor and stop by!

Visited August 2012
Schenectady, New York
“Quite a disappointment...”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

My boyfriend and I visited this place on our first trip to Maine this July. We were excited to go, I read other reviews on this site that said it had wonderful food. We attended on a Wednesday, and to be honest it was nothing near what I had expected. The decor was beautiful, but that was my favorite thing about the place. The food was mediocre at best, and extremely overpriced. For an appetizer, we ordered the stuffed mushrooms, for $10.99 a plate. Now I work in a seafood department and I have made stuffed mushrooms before, these were nowhere near as good. To start, there were only four small button mushrooms on the plate, which would mean I paid almost 3 dollars a mushroom, and to top it off the chef didn't even bother to pick out the pieces of shell out of the crab meat that tasted like it was out of a can! If you are going to overprice your food you should at least use fresh product. I could barely even eat them. For drinks, I ordered a long beach tea, which is a long island iced tea with cranberry juice so it has a prominent alcohol taste normally; here it didn't even taste like there was an ounce of liquor in it and they charged me $9 for it! After that disappointment we decided to just stay and try the entree because I had read such great things, but it never got better. I ordered the chicken parm which was with linguine and "homemade" marinara sauce for $17, and my boyfriend ordered the lobster linguine alfredo for $25. My chicken was pretty good, I will give the chef that, but the sauce tasted like it was out of a can and the noodles weren't even fresh. To charge that amount for a product that most likely only cost the restaurant $2.00 to make is a disgrace. My boyfriends meal was better, it still had the same crappy out of a box noodle, and a sad excuse for an alfredo sauce, but it did have quite a bit of lobster in it. Not worth $25 dollars though. Overall I have to say I was just very upset when I left this place, we had looked forward to it the whole trip and once we got there, it was a huge disappointment. I am a culinary student and I find this unacceptable, if you are going to serve poor quality food at least charge less for it.

Wayland, Massachusetts
“Great spot for local food”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We are regulars to Lucas and always find the food and service excellent - there's a nice ambiance in the bar area. The location is a bit out of town on the way to Goose Rocks Beach on Rt 9 but worth the drive. Reasonably priced fresh food -hot rolls accompany the meals .We generally get some of their fish dishes like the haddock Parmesan - Deb, the Chef's mother and hostess, always has a pleasant smile! You should not be disappointed!!

Portland, Maine
“Excellent gem in K'port”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We went for dinner last night and had a very good dinner. The service was attentive and knowledgeable; prices were right for the food involved; best of all, the food itself was excellent!! I had stuffed Portuguese quahog clams. These were exceptional.......chorizo and nicely chopped quahog with little crumbs, just enough to hold together......probably the best stuffed clam appetizer I've ever had......that good!!! My entrée was Vodka scallops with linguini......got the smaller portion and ate only half of it......scallops tender, linguini nicely done, the vodka reduction sauce was tasty. Finished the meal with the bread pudding with whiskey sauce........wife and I shared it and both thought it was really, really good. Given the nice ambiance and just excellent food and service, I was surprised that there were not more folks there on a summer night. The location is a bit off the beaten path, but it is definitely worth seeking out.......there are signs from K'port that will easily lead you there. If you're vacationing in the area, don't miss out on a fine dining experience!!