“Bad Experience”
Review of Lucas On 9 - CLOSED

Lucas On 9
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Biggest disappointment. Hostess was nice but food was overpriced, tasted bad and service was horrible. Waitress not attentive, needed to ask for water and rolls and mainly interested in big groups of people. Maybe caught them on a bad night but nonetheless....never again

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We were greeted what we later found out was the owner: a lovely friendly lady. It was lunch time and we were driving down 9 and just happened on it. Lovely interior. Not many people. I had theBEST lobster roll on an eight day trip up the east coast. My husband had a 1 1/2 pound lobster: sweet, tender and juicy. Nice house wine and a good selection of beer. I don't plan on going back to Kennebunkportbanytimevsoon but if I did it would be to go to Lucas to eat and continue me chat with the delightful owner!!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Our meal at Lucas on 9 was excellent. I had the Baked Stuffed Haddock, a beautifully prepared, fresh piece of fish with a delicious crabmeat stuffing accompanied by mashed sweet potatoes and green beans almondine. The portion was very large for the reasonable price and everything was perfectly cooked and seasoned by the talented chef. It was by far the best meal I had on my vacation. My companion had the mussels and loved the flavorful broth, again the portion was very large for the reasonable price. Lucas on 9 also has a nice selection of well priced wines. We had the pleasure of being served by Debbie, the owner, who could not have been more warm and gracious. Our experience was wonderful from start to finish, if you are looking for a memorable dining experience, Lucas on 9 is the place to go.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

driving along with no particular dinning spot in mind, the warm and inviting exterior of Lucas caught our attention. a very genuine, warm welcome from the owner, a similar welcome from our server, and a superb menu and specials list promised great things. no disappointment at all with the results being a very satisfying dinner for us both, created with superb ingredients and an obviously skilled kitchen. thank you for a great experience!

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Last season was great so I decided to challange Lucas on 9 to handle a big event in size and importance..Combined a birthday and retirement party for my wife and a large group from all over New England..ME-VT-MA-CT-NH-friends and relatives travelled to LUCAS to help celebrate the SURPRISE PARTY...Everyone helped execute the perfect event... Deb planned the entire event and her suggestions were right on, John contributed the layout and everyone was comfortable and mingled easily throughout the night, Jonathan cooked food that several people commented was the best seafood they HAD EVER HAD and the other selections exceeded expectations as well. Then Sarah and Melisa kept everyone fed and never thirsty while tending to a large group of happy but demanding customers ready to party in Maine...I have received positive comments on the food, the service, and the atmosphere from people from every state represented.... many advised they will be back soon on their own and will be sure to revisit Lucas on 9 to try something they saw others try at the party... the point here is whether you are a party of 2 or a group of 30 plus the Lane family makes your visit to Lucas an event to remember... Try it once and you too will return for more exceptional food and service.....thanks again to the Lane Family and staff....