“Nice, and Bring your Wallet”
Review of Lucas On 9 - CLOSED

Lucas On 9
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Maine
“Nice, and Bring your Wallet”
Reviewed 8 October 2006

Close to the center of quiet Cape Porpoise, on the way to Goose Rocks Beach of Kennebunkport, Maine, Lucas on 9 is a nice place for lunch.

The interior is painted in a warm mustard tone, and the large dining room has many windows around its perimeter. There is a nice bar on the other side of a glass wall.

The menu is varied enough, with interesting, yet still recognizable ingredients. The prices are a little steep, which is why I was surprised to see several diners come in with small children.

When I arrived, after noon on a Sunday, there was no one else in the dining room. This fact caused me to expect a quick delivery of my order, which was not the case. It took about fifteen minutes to receive my turkey pannini, which was one of the day's specials. However, it was delicious! It came with hand-cut fries, none of which remained on my plate at the end. I did take half of the sandwich home, which softened the $10.99 (plus beverage)price tag.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned when it comes to prices, especially at restaurants in Kennebunkport, Kennebunk or Ogunquit, Maine. These are popular tourist destinations, which we all know usually has an impact on the price of hospitality.

Nice place, and worth a try.

23 Thank Quality1989