“A Missed Opportunity if you don't try it”
Review of Lucas On 9 - CLOSED

Lucas On 9
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 October 2010

The customer service was excellent. Our server (Bonnie) allowed us separate checks as there were 5 of us. She took our names and addressed us through out our meal. Loved that !! The food that we ordered was scrumptious and beyond our expectation. The cost of the meals was 9.99 for me and I would definitely come back again, and even feel it would be worth the ride up from Reading, Ma. just for a day of sight seeing.

Reviewed 7 September 2010

I've been visiting friends and family in Biddeford Pool now for almost 50 years, and I've eaten at all the local places - from the old Hatties in the Pool to places at Goose Rocks to all the little restaurants in Cape Porpoise, including Nunan's. The Lobster Pot was a place that was always a backup - someplace we knew we could get in, but we knew it wouldn't be great.

Then we saw Lucas on 9, and decided to skip it because of all the bad meals at the old L.P. BIG MISTAKE. We finally ate there tonight, and I can say it was some of the best food and atmosphere I've experienced in the area.

We walked in to the restaurant just as an older couple dumped their "doggie bag" all over the the restaurant's lobby rug. A nicely-dressed woman went right to work cleaning things up while the young hostess took care of the couple - we were impressed with how everyone handled the situation.

We immediately noticed how great the place looked - a nice new bar, a great TV, nice high-top tables and a relaxed lounge full of people enjoying themselves. We wanted a quiet dinner, so we were seated in the main dining room - which is heads and shoulders in decor over the old L.P.

We enjoyed looking over a very nice menu - a combination of terrific Italian features along with the obvious: Maine seafood offerings. We knew we were driving back to Massachusetts, so we skipped cocktails and wine, but saw a nice wine list (next time!). Everything look good, and so I asked my waitress about one pasta dish. She knew what she was talking about, and after chatting with her about the menu, I elected to order her recommendation: Vodka Scallops. My husband decided to try a nice fish and chips plate, just to see how well they did fried foods.

The fish and chips first: he was HAPPY. Fresh haddock, lightly breaded, quickly fried. How can you go wrong? And the french friends were perfect, too. He said they were, "Just how I like them." Fresh lemon wedges accompanied his plate - which was part of the restaurant's special $10 plates. So far, so good.

I've never ordered any thing with a Vodka sauce before, and I was so happy I didn't let that stop me. What a dish! Fresh sea scallops - perfectly cooked - could not have been more sweet or tender. Combine them with the lightest, tastiest linguine, fresh cream, prosciutto, and a light touch of ground mustard and you have one heavenly dish. It was to DIE for. Fresh, light, perfect. Better than anything I've had a Grissini's and as good as some of the dishes I've had at Cape Arundel Inn.

Service was excellent, despite the fact they just lost their college girls over Labor Day week, "They went back to school," we were told, and we could tell they were missed. But nothing in the service suffered.

I had a great ice tea, and husband had a soda. Both glasses were refilled. We opted out of dessert (diets, what else), and we were given my doggie bag (which I didn't drop) on the way to the cashier.

I am thrilled that we have a great place to stop when we're in Biddeford Pool, and that we don't have to drive to the Port for dinner. Glad the Lobster Pot is gone. If you're in the area, do yourself a favor and try Lucas on 9. We'll be back.

2  Thank kaking211
Reviewed 6 September 2010

Following my wonderful lunch with my girlfriend while Hurricane Earl tried to materialize
(yes, my friend and I were provided with a privae table under the trees since the patio had been disassembled due to the hurricane forcast.....) I deceided tot take my
husband, brother and sister in law to Lucas on 9 for dinner on Labor Day. Everyone was satisfied and more. Deborah greeted us with friendly warmth and we were served
4 tasty meals, all seafood based. We enoyed the attentive staff and the leisure to enjoy our entrees in a gentle and tasteful atmosphere. Very nice!! Very enjoyable and delicious. Don't miss this lovingly run and tended to spot. Lucas On 9.

Reviewed 3 September 2010

My girlfriend and I had a lovely lunch at Lucas On 9. We had delicious large and fresh shrimp cocktails as starters. Her quesadilla was fresh and my chicken pesto sandwich was tasty. The fries were perfect. Although the delightful owners had disassembled the patio due to Hurricane Earl's predicted arrival, Deborah quickly set up a table under a tree to accomadate the still beautiful day as we perused the garden. We decided that the whole experience was a treat and we will be sure to return to this extended family owned and operated restaurant.

Reviewed 19 August 2010

Just returned from Lucas on 9, what a find, the restaurant was delightful as well as the staff, pleasant. The bartender is great, and I just finished the best flounder I have ever eaten and i've been eating flounder for years. My husband hat the chicken pot pie, full of chicken and vegetables and came with a great salad. If you have not been here, then you must go, for the food, and atmostphere, forgo the pricey restaurants in Kennebunkport and head to Lucas on 9 at Cape Poroise, Maine, (5 minutes from Dock Square, Kennebunkport.