After reading all the favourable reviews of the Captain Fairfield Inn, Kennebunkport we were really looking forward to our stay there. However, having just returned from a four nights stay at the Inn we felt a bit let down. On their website they advertise quality frette designer bed linens which turned out to be microfiber bed sheets. Nylon bed sheets are not what you expect from an Inn who defines itself as a “boutique bed and breakfast experience.” Thank goodness the weather was on the cool side as the air conditioning unit in the room was very noisy and could not be used; combined with the microfiber bedding this would have made sleeping in that room very uncomfortable.
Despite being disappointed with some aspects of our stay there were many things we enjoyed such as:
It’s well-located and only and a short walk to some great restaurants and shops in the town.
The young couple who run the Inn are extremely pleasant.
The breakfast each morning was delicious and well presented.
Most of the Inn has had a contemporary make over and is very stylish.
Our room was adequate and clean as was the bathroom although we felt it was a bit overpriced for its size.
Overall, we shall definitely return to Kennebunkport as the town and surrounding area is postcard-perfect and the local restaurants and shops delightful. If noisy air conditioner units and microfiber bedding are not to your liking, I would avoid room four (the Captain Fairfield room).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kennebunkport's Boutique Choice. An artful blend of bold and soft modern design. Crisp, uncluttered rooms. Located in the heart of Kennebunkport, just steps from Dock Square. Expected amenities like plush beds, designer linens, fireplaces, whirlpool and soaking tubs, wireless Internet. Unexpected luxuries like iPod docking stations, French press coffee, 32" HDTVs, beach chairs and towels, warm cookies in the afternoon an an outdoor lounge with fire tables. A creative gourmet breakfast prepared with fresh seasonal and local ingredients; choose a multi-course breakfast served at your own table in the dining room, or coffee and a pastry basket delivered to your door. Customize your stay with packages, a la carte add-ons and personalized itineraries. A carefully-selected wine list and small plates menu compliment a relaxing afternoon or evening. With 9 rooms, the inn is sized to offer exclusive attention to your wishes, or privacy if you prefer. Located on a quiet street near the center of Kennebunkport; just a short walk to nearby restaurants, the quaint harbor and beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Captain Fairfield Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captain Fairfield Hotel Kennebunkport
- Fairfield Inn Kennebunkport
- Fairfield Kennebunkport
- Kennebunkport Fairfield Inn
- Captain Fairfield Inn Kennebunkport, Maine