My husband and I recently returned from a one-night stay at the Captain Fairfield Inn, the last stop on a whirl-wind tour of coastal Maine. We highly recommend this inn for a homey and comfortable experience right in the center of Kennebunkport.
The most impressive aspects of the inn are the hosts themselves, Rob and Leigh. We arrived on a busy, yet colder and rainy afternoon, but were warmly welcomed by both hosts who, independently of each other, congratulated us on our tenth anniversary. Personal touches like that always go a long way, yet they did even more. From arranging wonderful dinner reservations to mapping out excursions to even bringing their dog, Riley, out for a little quality time with these dog-lover travelers, Rob and Leigh are most gracious hosts. Most importantly, the pair prepared breakfast at an earlier hour for us due to our morning flight out of Portland. It was clear that these innkeepers truly care about their guests and we certainly appreciated their attention to detail.
The room met all expectations, was quiet with a very comfortable bed and wonderful flat-screen TV, which on a rainy evening was most welcome (and they also have a DVD movie library). We also found useful the book of area restaurant reviews written by past guests of the inn.
We only wish we had had more time in Kennebunkport, and we would certainly recommend the Captain Fairfield Inn to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kennebunkport's Boutique Choice. An artful blend of bold and soft modern design. Crisp, uncluttered rooms. Located in the heart of Kennebunkport, just steps from Dock Square. Expected amenities like plush beds, designer linens, fireplaces, whirlpool and soaking tubs, wireless Internet. Unexpected luxuries like iPod docking stations, French press coffee, 32" HDTVs, beach chairs and towels, warm cookies in the afternoon an an outdoor lounge with fire tables. A creative gourmet breakfast prepared with fresh seasonal and local ingredients; choose a multi-course breakfast served at your own table in the dining room, or coffee and a pastry basket delivered to your door. Customize your stay with packages, a la carte add-ons and personalized itineraries. A carefully-selected wine list and small plates menu compliment a relaxing afternoon or evening. With 9 rooms, the inn is sized to offer exclusive attention to your wishes, or privacy if you prefer. Located on a quiet street near the center of Kennebunkport; just a short walk to nearby restaurants, the quaint harbor and beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your Captain Fairfield Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captain Fairfield Hotel Kennebunkport
- Fairfield Inn Kennebunkport
- Fairfield Kennebunkport
- Kennebunkport Fairfield Inn
- Captain Fairfield Inn Kennebunkport, Maine