We arrived at the Inn with our Havanese Paco - there was a dog cookie waiting with his name on it and dog bowls at the ready. The room, however, compared unfavorably with those of the previous two Inns where we had stayed prior to our arrival at the Jefferds. The decor was dated and tired. The bed needs replacing and the bathroom is cramped.
We were asked about dietary restrictions when we reserved the room. I have celiac disease so cannot eat glutin. The glutin- free breakfast was disappointing - it was glutin free but only in as much as the glutin was eliminated from the breakfast served other guests with the addition of a commercial glutin free muffin.
The room was very expensive perhaps setting up higher expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Truly "Your Very Special Place." The Captain Jefferds Inn Bed & Breakfast in Kennebunkport, Maine is a warm and inviting 1804 sea captain’s home. From the time you enter through this Maine inn's red front door you will experience the charm, comfort and exceptional hospitality provided by these Kennebunkport innkeepers and their dedicated staff. At the Captain Jefferds Inn it's all about personal service and little touches to enhance your stay like free wireless internet access throughout the property and afternoon tea featuring a wonderful assortment of home baked goods and light hors d'oeuvres as well as fresh squeezed lemonade and iced tea in the summer months and hot mulled cider in the winter. We are pet friendly in 5 outside entrance rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Captain Jefferds Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captain Jefferds Hotel Kennebunkport
- Captain Jefferds Inn Kennebunkport, Maine