Just returned from a family vacation at Ocean Woods Resort where we stayed in the spacious upper four bedroom apartment overlooking the sparkling pool. There is also a two bedroom apartment downstairs, near the pool, where we have stayed for several years. If a family is looking for a 'home away from home', both of these apartments are very comfortable and convenient to all amenities offered . They are very clean and well equipped with beach towels, washer/dryer, televisions, large pots for family clam bakes, and grills. The lower apartment has a deck overlooking the nicely groomed grounds and the pond, which has been the setting for many lovely weddings. Upstairs we particularly enjoyed the screen porch for meals and just hanging out and relaxing.
On site is PJ's Pub, a cozy bar that has an expanded menu serving hamburgers to seafood dinners, while watching the latest game on television. There is also an attached deck where you can enjoy a beverage, a meal and quiet conversation.
Intimate weddings have been held on the deck, as well as much larger weddings are held under a tent on the grounds. We have observed several weddings of various sizes held at Ocean Woods over the years and they have been just lovely, and it is so convenient for the wedding party and guests to all be together in one area before and after the ceremony.
Kathleen and Peter and their friendly staff are most helpful and attentive to all their guests needs. They continue to make improvements constantly, and are very knowledgeable about the Maine area attractions, such as, restaurants, golf courses, riding stables, fishing and lobster boat tours, medical facilities, shopping outlets, and the best beaches.
The rooms are spacious, clean, bright and inviting with queen and king size beds, tastefully furnished and decorated, with romantic gas stoves in some rooms for those special occasions. Besides lovely weddings, Kathleen looks forward to hosting events for family/school reunions, group rallies, clubs, and business retreats. The off seasons are absolutely beautiful at Ocean Woods especially for couples looking for a place to relax after the rigors of summer, or to put away the winter clothes and enjoy a spring walk on Goose Rocks Beach! Give Kathleen and Peter a call soon. They look forward to meeting new friends and enjoy hearing from old friends who return frequently to Ocean Woods. We cannot to wait for our next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on ten private acres, Ocean Woods Resort at Goose Rocks Beach offers a great vacation destination for families or a romantic getaway for two. Relax, enjoy country views and ocean breezes. Just minutes from Dock Square shopping and dining in world famous Kennebunkport. 32 Spacious guest rooms with private baths, cable TV. Continental Breakfast included. Outdoor pool and hot tub, shuffleboard, basketball, tetherball, horseshoes. Affordable family rates. On-site pub and casual family dining with kid's menu and big screen TV's. Great place for weddings, reunions, business meetings and family traditions. Hosts: Kathleen Spang-Morton and Peter Morton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Ebookers so you can book your Ocean Woods Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Woods Hotel Kennebunkport
- Goose Rocks
- Ocean Woods Resort Kennebunkport, Maine