“Go There Every Year”

GreenLeadersGold level
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Go There Every Year”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My wife and I have been staying at the Nonantum for Memorial Day weekend for the past eight years. It is a wonderful place to stay in the Norman Rockwell like Town of Kennebunkport. The rooms are nice with wonderful water views. All services are excellent as well. And the highlight is always the breakfast - plenty of good food with enthusiastic college students serving as wait staff. All that does come at a price. All in all a great place to get away to and relax. You can also see the Kennebunkport Memorial Day parade in Dock Square!

Room Tip: Stay in the Portside Lodge on the second floor - these rooms all have their own balcony.
jeangm11, Owner at Nonantum Resort, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Hi Wes:
Memorial Day is such a wonderful holiday in Kennebunkport! Our little seasonal community has shaken off the cobwebs, everywhere you look is fresh paint and our college kids have just arrived back on the scene ready for another fun summer! The parade is the highlight of the weekend and with President and Mrs Bush always in attendance, you really could not ask for a better day of Americana! Thank you so much for joining us each year for this special day. We will look forward to seeing you again next year! (if not sooner!)
Happy Summer,
Innkeeper

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (571)
Newton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Step Into the Nonantum Resort set amidst the Ocean and River views. The staff hospitality is one of Maine best! Have a gourmet dinning in there Ocean Restaurant .The Chief has just won Maine best dinning award . The staff attend ends to every guests needs and comfort.Breakfast great buffet wonderful blueberry pancakes, creeps, French toast eggs fruits and more.The chief oversees any guests request. Our rooms very comfortable and large picture window overlooking the ocean view.We walked into town to shop in great selection of small shops and Galleries.Take a swim in the pool or relax sitting along the water and feel like you are really on vacation
The staff made great suggestions on where to enjoy the town ,Resturants and Maines finest attractions .My husband and I had a great long weekend!

Room Tip: Try third or fourth floor in a carriage house over looking the ocean views
jeangm11, Owner at Nonantum Resort, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Hi Joansumie:
It sounds like you had an amazing visit at The Nonantum! We are very proud that our Chef Steve True was named the Maine Chef of the Year by Maine Restaurant Association. One visit to our 95 Ocean Restaurant and you will know why! The other day I tried the Shrimp and Grits he recently added to the menu. Wow! I had only planned to have a taste but it was so good I ended up eating the entire plate full!
Come back and see us again soon!
Reviewed 24 May 2014

A friend and I stayed at the Nonantum for 3 nights last week. It was the perfect spot: close to everything yet it's own quiet retreat. The room was comfortable with a lovely view water view. Breakfast was outstanding (I am celiac and the chef prepared me special meals that were delicious), the service excellent, and everyone (guests and staff) was friendly and accommodating. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. In fact, I hope I do!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank traveller2go
jeangm11, Owner at Nonantum Resort, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Hello Traveller!
Thanks for coming to see us! It is wonderful you had such a great time and we hope you come back and visit us too!
Celiac diets are easily accommodated (along with nearly any other food allergy) as all meals are created to order.
Have a wonderful summer!
All The Best!
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful long weekend at this special NE resort. The staff was exceptional. Rooms were spacious, very clean and well decorated, location could not have been better. Room featured a large balcony with a water view. We were able to take a comfortable stroll into town, and also had the chance for a great morning workout along the shoreline.

Dining and shopping options are all nearby and walkable. On our last day, we enjoyed a great breakfast at the resort. I would highly recommend it.

Overall, it was an exceptional experience, and we'll be back again.

Room Tip: Recommend a room overlooking the water with a balcony.
Hello There Robert!
I appreciate your kind comments about your visit to The Nonantum Resort! I hope you will come back and see us again soon!
Summertime is an awesome time to do some biking, hiking or kayaking in our beautiful town.
See you then! :-)
usa
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed the Nonantum for my niece's wedding last weekend. The public areas are pretty and traditional New England with beachy/marine theme decor, located about a 5 minute walk from Kennebunkport's quaint downtown area.

We had a two-room suite which had a queen bed in one room and two twins in the other and a small well-stocked kitchenette which we didn't use. The bathroom is large but in definite need of updating and renovating. The shower had very little pressure so it took forever to get rinsed off. A full-length mirror which was covered with rust was hung very awkwardly behind the bathroom door. The room was very dark with the shades drawn, only two small lamps in the larger room. For privacy, you must close the shades because the room was angled so that the windows from the other rooms had a clear view into our room. Other than those complaints, the room was comfortable and roomy.

The personnel for the most part was very accommodating and happy to serve but I did find the check-in clerk a little uptight and pretentious and the housekeeper was the very passive/aggressive telling my daughters and I that we had put the "change linens" card on the beds so that she had to give us fresh linens and she hoped that we enjoyed them. I honestly don't remember putting the cards on the bed and I know that it's "environment-friendly" not to have to wash linens and "housekeeper-friendly" as it reduces their workload! Also, the housekeeper did not replenish our towel supply when she cleaned the room.

The breakfast was pretty extensive and included lots of healthy options like yogurt and fruit--I don't know what that other reviewer was talking about. The service in the restaurant was good. Try to get a seat in the outer room so that you have a view of the river.

The banquet room for the wedding was very nice for the size of the party but the cocktail hour was a little cramped. The service during the wedding was excellent.

Room Tip: Our room, 259, faced the water and had a nice balcony. It was catty-corner to the other rooms so pr...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank goldab
Hello!
Thanks so much for taking the time to write about your recent visit! I have just returned from an inspection of room 259 and I would make the following observations:
I agree we need more lighting in that room. I will make certain we have additional lights added to the room. I will also have the mirror replaced. Thank you for bringing those issues to my attention!
I checked the shower and it has a showerhead that has different settings and I wonder if maybe the setting was on low? Perhaps we need to add signage to the bathrooms?
It is wonderful that you had such a great time at the wedding! It certainly was a lovely event!
I hope you will come back and see us again soon!
All The Best,
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

We arrived late on Friday to find a loud party going on at the hotel! We were worried about the noise, but by 11, everything was quiet.
The breakfast was not that great, not many options and overall not delicious. There was no healthy option.
However, the staff was very friendly, the French-speaking Michael!
The room was cosy. We did ask for a room in which we could work, with a desk. However, we were told that it was simply impossible, even though we asked weeks in advance.
Good experience overall, good location, great views

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Mariane_L_27
Bonjour Mariane:
Delighted to hear about your fun visit at The Nonantum Resort! I have to agree, French speaking Michael, our Customer Service Manager is a gem, isn't he? So wonderful to chat with!
Please come back and visit when we are in full swing. It sounds like perhaps you were here during our value season prior to our breakfast buffet being offered. Early in the season our rates are lower and only a continental breakfast is available. By late May the rates do go up a little, but the weather is nicer and a full breakfast buffet is available daily (and by full breakfast buffet I mean more than anyone should eat in a week!)
Hope to see you soon!
Au Revoir!
White Stone, Virginia
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We arrived late, by Kennebunkport standards anyway, and give a room in the Portside Lodge with a water view and a balcony. The room was very nicely appointed and very "homey". The bed was fantastic and we slept very well. The bathroom had a touch we had never seen before. In addtion to the cute wooden cabinets on the wall, there was a black hand towel with the word "makeup" embroidered on it. The morning we awoke to the view which was tremendous. I really recommend this hotel. Breakfast was included in the rate.

1 Thank jiffymatt
jeangm11, Owner at Nonantum Resort, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Hi Jiffymatt!
Thanks for coming to see us in Kennebunkport! We are just getting opened up after a particularly cold, snowy winter. So glad you found the bed super comfortable and the décor homey. Those makeup removal towels are the best! Love them!
Please come back and see us again on a beautiful summer day! The property only gets lovelier as the weather gets nicer!
Innkeeper
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennebunkport
The Tides Beach Club
#4 of 8 in Kennebunk
The Breakwater Inn and Spa
The Breakwater Inn and Spa
#15 of 26 in Kennebunkport

Been to Nonantum Resort? Share your experiences!