“incredible customer service made for a special week-end”
Review of Nonantum Resort

Nonantum Resort
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Kennebunkport
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 9 June 2014

It was a very special week-end and we were lucky enough to stop in when Angela was working the front desk. She paired us with Tom, the wonderful and friendly bell-hop to show us several rooms in both buildings. He even let us compare two rooms as he explained the benefits of each. Angela gave us a discount when we asked if she would honor AAA or AARP, and gave us complimentary Nonatum Resort wine openers and a map with special places to see; a real sweetie.
Our room was in the newer building with gorgeous views, a fridge, and a Keurig coffee machine. They recommended Bandaloop Restaurant which would accommodate all of my food allergies (more on them in a separate review), as well as a few others. The next morning not only was the included breakfast buffet delicious with many choices, but Ian in the dining room, helped me narrow down which foods I could safely eat. They prepared gluten-free, dairy-free French Toast just for me, which was excellent.
As we were checking out, Kim and Sue, the lovely gals who were doing the gardening, stopped and took our pictures. A special, memorable week-end at The Nonatum thanks to above and beyond caring people.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TeacherLaur
jeangm11, Owner at Nonantum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Hello Boston Friend!
It is wonderful to hear about how our staff made your stay so special. It sounds like from beginning to end Team Nonantum took great care of you!
Angela and Tom are a fantastic one-two punch at the Front Desk! Both are always calm and friendly, and in this face paced world we live in, they are a welcome breath of fresh air!
I also am very proud of Ian. He worked in the kitchen for many years and this year has made the jump to the dining room. He is an expert in food preparation and that is certainly very helpful with our guests who have allergy issues! (dairy free, gluten free, French toast sounds like an Ian creation!)
The ladies who take care of our gardens, Sue, Kim and Cheryl are all absolutely delightful and I am thrilled that you had the chance to say hello to them. They are a great source of information about gardening and the area in general and I get lots of comments from our guests about how welcoming they are to all!
I hope you will come back and see us again soon!
Thanks for writing!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I chose the Nonantum Resort for a last minute escape with my 4 year old daughter. You'd never know our room was 'not newly renovated' clean and adorable for $99 (on a Saturday!!). Comfy bed with crisp white plush duvet. Best part, this included the full buffet breakfast. Expansive and delicious. Great coffee and attentive staff. Small pool and fairy garden thrilled my daughter. Poolside bar and garden side tavern did the trick for me. Rockers on the porch, Adirondacks by the inlet out back. Short walk to adorable town center shops and restaurants or to small sandy. Everyone seemed happy and proud to be working there. It showed in their willingness to help and ease of their smiles. Absolutely loved it and plan to return soon.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank KrisZuk
jeangm11, Owner at Nonantum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Hi Kris:
How lovely that you and your 4 year old had the opportunity for such a enjoyable getaway! The Fairy Garden is near my office and I always enjoy watching the excitement on the children's faces (and some of the adults!) as they spy the little shell seesaw or the little angels tucked between some of the plantings.
I loved your sentence "Everyone seemed happy and proud to be working there". Wow! What a huge compliment! Thank you very much!
Keep your eye on our Facebook page and website for other specials! Looking forward to seeing you and your daughter again soon! The Activities Program with loads of fun activities for kids starts soon and I am sure your daughter would have a ball!
All The Best!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We really enjoyed our time at the Nonantum. It is not the most well appointed hotel, not does it have the best rooms. What it has are very clean well taken care of rooms in an older hotel as well as some of the nicest staff you are every going to meet.. Sitting out back on their white Adirondack chairs, with a glass of wine, watching the boats come in and out is just as relaxing as anything could be. We look forward to going back to the Nonantum in the fall.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Suntraveler13

Hello Boston Friend:
You have hit upon our number one favorite activity at The Nonantum! In this crazy world being able to unplug, settle in to an Adirondack Chair, Adult Beverage in hand, and watch the boats go by can offer relaxation on a level you may have only dreamt of! You cannot believe how many people have told me they NEVER nap - until they visit the Nonantum! I think this is the ultimate compliment!
Just wait until you see the hotel this fall! The gardens fit perfectly into Mother Nature's backdrop and if history is any indication there may be a scarecrow or two stopping by!
See you then!
Happy Summer!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Not expecting to stay here on our trip we luckily ended up at the resort through circumstance.
We spent a weekend in the beautiful setting right on the river.
We ate in the restaurant where I had the best lobster of my life!
We loved the experience so much that I booked the same room in two weeks time when we will return this time with our daughter to let her share in the experience.
Wonderfully friendly staff and great accommodations - good job Nonantum folks!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Mikgore

Hello Boston Friend:
I am so happy to hear you will be back in two weeks with your daughter! Please be sure and stop by the desk to say hello! It would be great to meet you!
If you didn't have time to try the Lobster Avocado dish you may want to give it a try on your next visit. On the TV Show TV Diner, Billy Costa gave it a Platinum Plate award!
See you again very soon! Thanks for all the kind remarks!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here one night in June 2014; I had business in a nearby town. We did not want to spend too much for a room, but wanted to stay at a nice hotel. Since this hotel was highly rated, I chose the least expensive room. We had two double beds in the old section of the hotel without a view. The room was about $170, with tax, and included breakfast.

The room was nicely decorated, very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The bathroom light goes on automatically whenever you enter. The rooms are not sound-proof, but there is a "quiet" policy from 11 pm to 7 am. This room was in the oldest part of the hotel which was right on Ocean Avenue. The beds and the bathroom door were squeaky, but not annoying. The AC was super quiet.

There are several new buildings behind the oldest one; these are the higher priced rooms with a view.

We enjoyed the breakfast--very good indeed--and the staff was delightful. We will go back if we need to be in the area again.

Room Tip: I would imagine that all the rooms are nice. The difference is in how much you wish to pay and how...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jody1975

Hello Jody:
I hope your work brings you to town again soon so we can have the opportunity to show you some more of our pretty hotel!
You are correct that all the rooms are nice. All are different and the views do play a large part in how pricing is determined. Keep an eye on our website and Facebook page though as sometimes we have some really awesome deals!
Have a fantastic summer!
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I cannot put into words how pleased everyone was with this resort for my daughter's wedding. She and her fiance' picked the resort. They were completely over the moon with the way everything was pulled off without a hitch. There were many many details and Tim, the wedding planner was Awesome!, as were the entire staff!!! You should all be very proud of yourselves. The weather was gorgeous which helped make this very memorable for everyone. The food at this resort is excellent! I cannot say enough good things. Thank you, Nonantum Resort!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Portside has a great view. The only negative thing I can say is that noise travels through the wall...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Hello Marianne:
I am delighted to hear your daughters wedding was everything she and her new husband wanted it to be! Tim is such a wonderful wedding coordinator! It is so much fun to watch him in action as he always has 25 balls in the air yet when someone has a question he fields it as though he has all the time in the world. He is totally unflappable! Tim sets a very high standard for his crew and they never let him down. He is in his 25th year of service at The Nonantum and we are very lucky to have him on our team!
Come back and see us often. Nothing is more rewarding than seeing our former brides back with their babies on Mother's Day or Breakfast with Santa!
Thanks for allowing us to be part of your families memories,

Reviewed 5 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Nonantum in May. This was not our first visit to the Nonantum. We were, as we always have been, very pleased with the excellent service we received and how willing the staff was to assist with any questions we had. We ate at 95 Ocean and the breakfast was wonderful and the evening we had dinner there was exceptional. We were more than satisfied with the service, as well as the food. We look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room overlooking the water and although the weather wasn't the best, the view fro...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joan C

Hi Joan:
Thanks so much for your continuing visits to the Nonantum. Over 80% of our guests are repeat visitors so you are part of a very popular club!
This spring we did even more training than normal and while I think our attention to detail has always been terrific, I have to say this year we have reached an even higher level of meeting and exceeding the needs of our guests! Each day I hear lots and lots of wonderful comments from our customers and I love it!
Happy Summer,
Innkeeper

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennebunkport
The Grand Hotel
#5 of 6 in Kennebunkport
The Boathouse Waterfront Hotel
The Boathouse Waterfront Hotel
#8 of 25 in Kennebunkport

Been to Nonantum Resort? Share your experiences!