We head to Kennebunkport for 3-4 day mini get aways at least twice a year, usually in June, July or Sept t coincide with my hubby's birthday or our anniversary. The Nonantum offers spacious, comfortable rooms ( we only stay in the Portside), a variety of onsite activities ( pool, bikes, kayaks, lawn sports of different kinds), and a convenient location to walk to town for shopping and/or dining...or head off in the opposite direction for a fast stroll to Mabels Lobster Claw or to Dannah's for shopping fun. The room rate includes breakfast -- not a skimpy continental, but rather a bountiful,and lovely, hot one with a variety of items all freshly made ( eggs, pancakes, fruit, granola, oatmeal, potatoes, sausage, bacon, muffins, etc.) i was thrilled to see they offer gluten-free waffles and pancakes upon request! The waitservice staff is usually college kids who are very polite and do a nice job. What we love about this resort over others in KPT is the lack of pretense. By that i mean, it's lovely, well-appointed, with great food and activities and charm, without being stuffy. The last thing my husband wants to do is put on a tie and jacket for dinner while on vacation. He prefers to wear a collared short sleeve shirt and Docker pants or shorts with sneaker or boat shoes-- that attire, thank goodness, is more than acceptable for dinner at 95 Ocean ( the dinner restaurant at the resort). The Nonantum strikes a fine balance between catering to couples like us and families with kids. Oh, yes, one other thing...staff is top notch! Our room is always spotless!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Maine waterfront resort where traditions begin. The Nonantum has been welcoming guests with genuine hospitality since 1883. Enjoy historic charm with just the right modern comforts. Located on the Kennebunk River, along scenic Ocean Avenue, close to the shops and galleries in Dock Square, near Walker's Point and the beaches. Offering casually elegant accommodations, award-winning dining, family activities, and a gorgeous setting for special events. Seasonal outdoor heated pool, kayak rentals, trolley tours, scenic lobster boat tours, sailing tour and fishing charters departing right from the resort's on-site marina. Free WiFi, free parking, and free breakfast when you book directly with the resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Nonantum Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nonantum Resort Kennebunkport, Maine
- Nonantum Hotel Kennebunkport