“VERY nice hotel, great staff and great breakfast”
Review of Nonantum Resort

Nonantum Resort
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Kennebunkport
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here this past week because of the TA reviews. Booking this hotel was very easy and the staff was very friendly. Upon arrival we were able to check in an hour early. The grounds of the hotel are very nice and well kept and the grounds staff should be very proud.

After getting the keys and going to the room we were very impressed. The room was spotless probably one of the cleanest rooms we have ever stayed in. They left us nice chocolates and when they turned down the room the same thing.

The pool bar and staff were very nice and so was the housekeeping staff.

We had a great night sleep in the room and the bed was VERY comfortable.

The breakfast was a nice hot and fresh breakfast which we very much enjoyed. The hotel is not far at all from the Bush compound or downtown KBPT.

I would def go back and stay at this hotel. We plan to go back next year about this time of year.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
jeangm11, Owner at Nonantum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Hello Connecticut Visitor:
We will look forward to your return visit in June of next year! In the mean time, you may want to consider coming back later this summer or even this fall. Both are such pretty times of the year. Today I was out admiring our gardens and the scents from the Rosa Rugosa was heavenly! I wish I could bottle it and send it to you!
Our herb gardens are also looking really amazing. Each afternoon our chefs go outside and cut some herbs for use in the dining room tonight!
Our friends at the pool bar do an terrific job in making people yummy lunches and frosty drinks - just the thing for a warm summer day!
The Nonantum Housekeepers work very hard to insure that everything is spotless. I have worked in the Housekeeping department for a couple of days and I can tell you it is one hard job!
We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2014

My husband and I recently spent two days at the Nonantum Resort in Kennebunkport Maine and had a wonderful time! Nice restaurant, bar and pool. Great location to beaches and downtown.
This was our second visit and we will go back!

Room Tip: The balcony rooms are nice!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Carol:
Welcome back to the Nonantum! I really appreciate the fact that you are a repeat visitor!
It is hard to beat our location with a short walk to the beach one way and a short walk to town the other way. Lots of great shops, bars and restaurants either way!
I will look forward to welcoming you back here again soon!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Beautiful room right on the water. Staff was friendly and helped us to find a restaurant in town still open upon our late arrival.Breakfast was exceptional and included everything your heart could desire.

Hello Visitor from Houston:
Thanks for the lovely remarks. I am delighted to hear the staff was able to find you an open restaurant. Compared to Houston, they roll up the sidewalks here in Kennebunkport extremely early!
It really is hard to beat our breakfast. I never know what we are going to have but I must admit it is a wonderful surprise each day!
Thanks so much for writing! Please come and see us again soon!
All The Best,

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed here for one night as part of a two week New England fly drive holiday.

The hotel occupies a lovely setting near the river just outside the centre of Kennebunkport.

The room had a nautical theme which was nice. Bed very comfortable.

Breakfast wasn't included in our stay but was good quality.

Free wifi quite weak in our room.

There was a wedding on during our stay (Saturday night) which was quite loud but it seemed to finish around 11pm so not too bad.

We enjoyed the coastal drive around the bay and past George Bush' house. Not as impressive as some of the other houses in the area to be honest!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Cheerio Ben:
Thanks for your lovely comments about your stay! Wow! 2 weeks in New England. What a lovely vacation!
I have to agree with you about the Bush home - there are lots of other homes in the area that are for more grand than Walker Point!
I hope you will come back again when you can stay longer. Kennebunkport is a beautiful place and warrants a nice long visit!
Thanks again,

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Found Nonantum on booking.com. Then called the hotel myself and booked with them directly. The location was fantastic. Breakfast was plentiful. I requested my eggs a certain way, and the staff made me whatever I requested. And I asked for blueberry muffins, and they were baked fresh for me.
Michael was very helpful with our room accomadations. We ended up with a room with a balcony facing the water.
Looking forward to returning to Nonantum. The hotel is so pretty with blooming flowers outside. Very peaceful sitting on Adderandeck chairs watching the sunset. Could not have been happier. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Speed walking Friend:
There are certainly lots of great places for speed walking here in Kennebunkport! Our sidewalks along Ocean Avenue follow along the shore and the vistas are magnificent!
You made a very wise decision to call us directly to book your room. While the third party booking companies do offer the same rates, they do not have the ability to include the breakfast that you enjoyed each morning on a complimentary basis. Breakfast is $14.95 per morning per person so that can add up quickly in a multiple day stay! The lesson is clear - book directly with the hotel!
Thanks so much for your kind remarks about our Guest Services Manager Michael. Michael does such an amazing job taking great care of our guests. No detail escapes his watchful eye!
Come back and see us again soon!
Cordially,

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Our stay at the Nonantum was absolutely perfect..scenic views from our rooms along with total comfort and cleanliness...we were so happy with everything! The staff was more than accommodating...they went over and above making sure that our "bride and groom" had the perfect wedding experience. And they did! Lots to do at the resort as well as options for scenic walks/runs along the water toward Walkers Point or a quick trip to the middle of town to enjoy all of Kennebunkport. On top of it all, we had the luxury of a picture perfect weekend weather-wise.
We will definately return....

Room Tip: All the rooms that I saw (many, we had over 100 people staying there) were very nice in there own wa...

Hi Cathie:
I am delighted to hear that Brandon and Sarah had the wedding day of their dreams. I was in charge of weather for the weekend :-)
It is so rewarding for us to be part of such a special day. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to assist you in building some special family memories.
Please come back and enjoy some more perfect weather! This summer has been absolutely glorious!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was our first trip to Maine. For our family of four, we had a suite with two rooms. The first room had a king bed, the other room was a living room with two fold out beds. The fold outs were single sized, but were roomy enough for my kids. The best way to describe this hotel is peaceful. Sitting by the water, walking through the gardens, breakfast by the windows are all examples of the laid back time they offer. Then there are the people. Esther in the restaurant made us feel like long lost friends. I would go back in a heartbeat, and I'd stay much longer than a weekend.

Room Tip: We could hear every step of the people above us. Choose a top floor room if you are a light sleeper...

Hello Lisa:
Thanks so much for writing. The room type you describe is the one my family most enjoyed staying in. My kiddos loved being able to run out the door on to the lawn to play Frisbee or catch. I love the word "peaceful" when talking about The Nonantum. In this hustle and hurry world, it is really nice to know there is a place tired families can go and find peace and quiet!
Esther in the dining room really is hospitality personified! She always has a smile and a kind word not just for our guests but for her fellow workers too! She is truly a joy to have around!
Please come back and see us again soon and by all means, please stay for more than a weekend!
Innkeeper

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennebunkport
The Grand Hotel
#5 of 6 in Kennebunkport
The Boathouse Waterfront Hotel
The Boathouse Waterfront Hotel
#8 of 25 in Kennebunkport

Been to Nonantum Resort? Share your experiences!