This hotel was listed as #1 in KB on Trip Advisor. We did not stay in any others but I suspect that is an overrated assessment!
We stayed in the PortSide (newer) building which was nice. Upon arrival, the bellman took our bags to the room--no problem. When I asked if I could get some ice he politely told me that the ice machine was "on the first floor by the elevator!" OK...not a big problem but a little out-of-character for a hotel that is thought to be #1!
Unfortunately, despite having a room facing the water, we had no balcony--our mistake for not asking. The window treatments did nothing to block out the morning sun--even though we had a WEST facing room. The room was clean and comfortable. A bit surprising was the "turn-down" service at night--literally it ONLY included turning down the bed! No change of towels or straightening up any of the room.
There were many activities to do which was nice. Breakfast was included but not much to talk about. The room was bland without any character.
The concierge was very pleasant and sweet but totally unhelpful. It did not seem they knew much other than what was written in a guide book. I called several days in advance to try to book a massage and she was unable to do so--maybe that is asking too much in a small town although it has not been problematic elsewhere.
The grounds are well maintained. The pool is certainly nothing to speak of--very plain but it did have a bar. The staff outside (activities and pool) were very friendly and helpful. This was in direct contradistinction to the staff in the main house who were standoffish. The Bartenders inside made us feel (on three separate occasions) that they were doing us a favor by getting us a drink. The front desk staff surely did not go out of their way to be friendly. They did their job PERIOD.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Maine waterfront resort where traditions begin. The Nonantum has been welcoming guests with genuine hospitality since 1883. Enjoy historic charm with just the right modern comforts. Located on the Kennebunk River, along scenic Ocean Avenue, close to the shops and galleries in Dock Square, near Walker's Point and the beaches. Offering casually elegant accommodations, award-winning dining, family activities, and a gorgeous setting for special events. Seasonal outdoor heated pool, kayak rentals, trolley tours, scenic lobster boat tours, sailing tour and fishing charters departing right from the resort's on-site marina. Free WiFi, free parking, and free breakfast when you book directly with the resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Nonantum Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nonantum Resort Kennebunkport, Maine
- Nonantum Hotel Kennebunkport