“Loved It!”

Nonantum Resort
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Kennebunkport
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Nonantum Resort as my last stop on a Fall Colors New England Tour. I loved it there, and would like to come back one day. I had a room, #264 which had a great view. I highly recommend the Nonantum Resort.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Mainah3, Owner at Nonantum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Hello there!

Thanks for your kind words. We love having our bus tour guests revisit us, so please do give us a call! The fall is a beautiful time in Maine, as I am sure you noticed. I hope to see you back soon!

Warmly,
Innkeeper

Write a ReviewReviews (1,803)

Reviewed 2 August 2014

The facility is great, the staff is friendly and accommodating, the location is perfect. We could walk to everything. Lots of outdoor activities offered. There is something for everyone.
We will definitely go back.

Room Tip: I paid extra for a river view and it was worth it. The room was lovely, however on the small side...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Mainah3, Owner at Nonantum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Hello Shirleybeth:
I am delighted to hear you and your daughter had such a great time here at The Nonantum! I have to agree with you, the extra charge for the water view room is well worth the money. Where else to you get to lay in bed and watch the boats glide by? I never get tired of this view! Every day when I walk the grounds I think "How lucky am I to work in such a beautiful place?"!
It is really nice to park your car and forget it while you are here. Downtown is just far enough away to make me feel that I deserve a little treat after the walk!
Please come back and see us again soon!
All The Best,

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed two nights in nonantum resort. Upon checked in to our room, we were delight to receive a handwritten card from the hotel manager to wish us a happy honeymoon with a box of beautiful wrapped chocolate. We had a corner room , room 426. It was beautiful. The view from the room is amazing. The restaurant in the hotel is amazing as well, they grow their own herbs and vegetable. We tried another restaurant near the hotel the 2 nod night ( Mabel's kitchen) the quality of the food is not comparable to the restaurant in the resort. If you are staying in the hotel,look no further...
Overall, we had an amazing stay and will love to come back again anytime.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello LunaKathy:
Congratulations on your recent wedding! Thank you so much for sharing one of the most special times of your life with The Nonantum Resort. Hopefully you will be able to return to see us on your Anniversary some day!
I also appreciate your lovely remarks about our restaurant. Our Executive Chef Steve True is the Maine Chef of the Year and we are very proud of the food in our restaurant!
Thanks again for choosing The Nonantum Resort as the place to spend your Honeymoon!
Happiness Always,

Reviewed 1 August 2014

A quaint family resort , located in a very central location. The staff and resort amenities were ideal for our young family. Will visit again. There is lots of activity around the resort , swimming , kayaking , cycling and children's activities. The breakfast was great !

Hi James,

It's great to hear you had a nice time! As a family-owned property, we try to be as family-friendly as possible! It sounds like you participated in many of the activities we offer and took advantage of short trip into town or to the beach!

We'll see you again soon!

Best,

Reviewed 1 August 2014

As part of our family road trip exploring New England, we opted to stay at Nonantum whilst in the Maine area. It was a perfect choice for our family. Our young children joined in lots of the activities put on by the staff (mostly free) and enjoyed playing the games, like basket ball and table tennis, that were scattered around the hotel garden. The resort's position on the edge of the water was lovely and we happily walked the 10minutes or so into the centre of Kennebunkport with the kids in the evening. Staff were helpful and friendly. Breakfast service was excellent. Relaxed atmosphere. We had a super stay.

1  Thank KidsintheCity

Hello!

I am glad you had such a great time! Kids do love playing with our activities staff and making new friends while they are here! Having a group of staff members who entertain children all day means we also have an extensive list of babysitters we recommend if parents need a night out. However it sounds like your family enjoyed spending time together and dining in town!

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit to the beautiful New England!

Warmly,

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We were here for two nights on a mother-daughter weekend away. We were surprised to see that our room was not a river view but a parking lot view. And, we were surprised that the pool was Very Small for a "Resort". Nevertheless, staff was helpful, bedding and beds were wonderful, and adirondack chairs by inlet provided lots of beautiful wedding views. The small size of the resort and the limited options there forced us out into town and to the beach, which was not what we anticipated but which turned out to be a nice change of pace from actually staying on the grounds. Nice location. Not sure if I'd go back given price of room, awful view (cars parked almost right up against windows) and bathroom size (very small). Bad option if the weather is rainy.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Attycps

Hello there!

We have many different types of rooms, some with waterviews and some without. In an effort to cut costs, many people choose to book rooms without a view and spend time in the Adirondack chairs like you did.
On site we have bike and kayak rentals, exercise classes, lawn games, movie nights, s'mores nights, and more! However, these activities do not suit everyone's needs, which makes our location great! We are an easy walk to town and a quick drive over to the beach.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

All the best,

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I booked this room last minute. The staff were so accomodating when I checked in. The room was adorable, clean, and comfortable.The breakfast was excellent. The bonfire at night was a hit with my children. The Mojito's are the BEST I ever had! I want to stay again just for the Mojito's at the pool.

1  Thank seanandjennyban
Mainah3, Owner at Nonantum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Hello there!

I'm so glad you were able to book a spur of the moment room with us! Booking last minute in Kennebunkport can be a challenge. The bonfire night has been a huge success with both our guests and our staff! I love to see families toasting marshmallows together in the evenings after spending a day at the pool, mojito in hand! Thanks for the great review!

I hope to see you back soon!
Innkeeper

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennebunkport
Kennebunkport Inn
#4 of 6 in Kennebunkport
Rhumb Line Resort
Rhumb Line Resort
#6 of 6 in Kennebunkport

Been to Nonantum Resort? Share your experiences!