“Exactly what we were looking for... And more.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nonantum Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Nonantum Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Kennebunkport
GreenLeadersGold level
“Exactly what we were looking for... And more.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

The staff is so friendly. The setting is lovely. The rooms are welcoming. The family-friendly vibe puts this resort over the top. Our family thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Anyone looking for a cozy relaxing getaway will find it at The Nonantum Resort.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (553)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

This is a great family get away. Lots of activities on site, close to town and a great staff!
I would highly recommend this for families with young children. My kids loved the activities tent and the games on the lawn.

Room Tip: If you are staying with young kids the portside lodge rooms are the way to go, top floor rooms have...
      Sleep Quality
Plymouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

We have stayed at The Nonantum a few times in the past.This was an exceptional visit.Our room had a balcony which looked out to the beautiful blue water,with boats,kayaks,and paddle boards coming and going. The Staff were all very helpful,. I had a situation occur at dinner and our waiter Cory Was very kind and caring as was the waitress from the Pub.This had nothing to do with our meals they were delicious. The breakfasts were wonderful.We will definitely go back to the Nonantum. Resort again.

Room Tip: The Portside Lodge has views of the ocean.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Acton, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Just returned from a one night visit to the Nonantum Resort. This was my first visit there since I usually go to Ogunquit but wanted to try something different. My cousin and I absolutely loved the delicious dinner we had (blueberry ribs) and thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast that comes with the room. The blueberry pancakes were so light and fluffy. The staff were very friendly and I loved the old charm of the inn. The room was nothing spectacular but it was very clean and the beds and linens were very comfy!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

What a beautiful one night get-away! We had a waterfront room that had a brachytherapy feel (absolutely immaculate). I enjoyed the walk into the village square. In fact we went into the village for lunch, walked back for some late afternoon (glorious) sun sitting in the adirondack chairs watching the boats go in and out, had a nap, and then walked back into the village square for dinner!
Service was exceptional at The Nonantum (a little birthday treat was waiting in my room upon check-in) and the Sunday brunch was an added bonus (if you can....request a seat on the porch to enjoy your meal)! I will go back again. This is a special place!

• Stayed August 2014
Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

As a parent of a child with special needs, I tend to make some requests prior to choosing a hotel. I called, asked for certain accomodations that are not standard, and I didn't have to ask twice. The matter of helping us with my son's special needs is always a deal breaker for us when we travel. Nonantum does have great staff, very kid friendly, great location, a laid back atmosphere that all complement the tranquil state that is Maine.

Room Tip: I loved the location of our Portside room that walks out to the back near the lighthouse & the r...
Mainah3, Owner at Nonantum Resort, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Hello Gemma:
It was our pleasure to welcome your lovely family for a visit with us. I am happy to hear you all had a wonderful time. I really like what you wrote about the Nonantum - "a laid back atmosphere that all complement the tranquil state that is Maine". That is certainly our intention!
Please come back and see us again soon! We have a beautiful fall coming this way soon!
Warm Regards,
Jean Ginn Marvin
Innkeeper
Andover, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

I was very impressed with this resort. My husband and I stayed for a weekend. It was very charming, very clean and all the staff went out of their way to be sure we we welcome and had everything we needed. Our room was small but clean and nicely decorated with updated bathroom. Also it was within walking distance of town so locations was great. The grounds and landscaping were lovely.

I was most impressed with the customer service. After our stay I received an email inquiring about our stay and if there were any problems. We did have one problem. Our room was right next to the stairs in the middle of the hallway. There was a gap between the door and floor so any noise was easily heard and it made sleeping difficult. I received a response in less than 24hrs. and was told a maintenance man was going to check on it that day. I was also compensated for this issue. Customer service is very important to me. I was more than impressed with their response! I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Mainah3, Owner at Nonantum Resort, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Hello Calippi!
Thanks for your nice response! We really appreciate it!
As I told you I sent Maintenance up as soon as you mentioned the issue and just as I suspected, we had put hard wood down over the winter (and torn up the carpet) so the door did not quite go to the floor. We put something on the bottom of the door, and voila! Noise was significantly diminished!
I really appreciate that you let me know about this issue so that we could take corrective action!
Looking forward to seeing you here again soon!
All The Best,
Jean Ginn Marvin
Innkeeper
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennebunkport
Colony Hotel
#5 of 26 in Kennebunkport
The Breakwater Inn and Spa
The Breakwater Inn and Spa
#15 of 26 in Kennebunkport

Been to Nonantum Resort? Share your experiences!