“One night at Nonantum Resort”
Review of Nonantum Resort

Nonantum Resort
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Kennebunkport
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 25 August 2014

GF and I were visiting Maine for the weekend and decided to try Nonantum Resort in Kennebunkport for one night. Booked late and probably ended up with the last available room! It was a Queen bed on the 2nd floor facing the parking lot in front of the resort. Room was just what we needed. GF was satisfied with the room and is a stickler for cleanliness. Only complaint was hot water was occasionally in short supply, but there was a large wedding party at the resort and at peak times this was expected. Access to rooms on upper floors can be a challenge for older or less mobile people. There is an elevator, but it is definitely not ADA compatible. I believe the other building may have an ADA elevator??

Staff was wonderful, everyone was friendly and helpful. Check in was a breeze. Concierge was helpful, even though we were looking else where to dine that night. Breakfast was very nice, the only comment would be there was only one toaster and it was slow, otherwise breakfast was wonderful and Richard made an excellent omelet!

When we left our previous evenings lodging I forgot to grab my GF's clothing that was in the closet. Fortunately Nonantum has a nice gift shop with some lovely dresses and wraps. The woman working that afternoon was most helpful with replenishing my GF's wardrobe (ouch)! Fortunately there was an end of season sale so the damage to my wallet wasn't too harsh!

After check in, we went for a stroll in the neighborhood and found a lovely restaurant Mabel's Lobster Claw, just down the street from Nonantum. Nice meal of Fried Clams and Chowder. Then we walked down to a beach off of Ocean Ave and enjoyed the late afternoon sun. Dinner was at The Village Tavern in West Kennebunk which was outstanding!

We would definitely book again without any hesitation. The only reason I gave it 4 stars was it was a bit pricey and not on the beach, otherwise it was a very well run property.

Enjoy,

VVHT

1  Thank VVHT
Mainah3, Owner at Nonantum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Hi WHT:
Thanks so much for taking the time to write about your recent visit! It sounds like you had an awesome time!
Those gift shop ladies are tricky. On a regular basis one of them will stick their head out as I walk by and say they have something I would really look great in and it is on sale! I always respond I have plenty of clothes and somehow they convince me that I should just try it on and the next thing I know there are a couple new things in my closet! However, as you point out, the clothes are beautiful, the prices are reasonable and a new look is always a nice lift!
Looking forward to seeing you again soon!
All The Best,

Reviewed 25 August 2014

This was my husband's second stay (attended a conference), and my first. During his visit, he called me and said, "you would love this place." CORRECT. It was really lovely. The staff was unusually attentive, personable, helpful, and knowledgeable, from the people who serviced our room, to the front desk. Nice room with the perfect Maine view--lobster boats, sailing charters, and kayaks drifting by all day. The buffet breakfast was vast and of nice quality and variety. We walked to a couple of great outdoor restaurants for suppers. (Mabel's was my favorite), walked and jogged around the shore road, and LOVED being able to fall out of bed and rent a kayak for two hours to explore the harbor and upper river. I'd go back any time. It was a really pleasant stay.

Room Tip: while there were very quiet times during our stay, we were in a corner room above the shuffleboard c...

Hi Beth:
Aren't you lucky to have a husband who knows exactly what you like! I am so happy he was right! It was a place you loved!
It really is a special treat to be able to watch the boats go by from bed, make a coffee in your in room keurig, and then head out on a kayak. It just doesn't get any better than that!
Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Our son recently got married at the Nonantum. The venue is beautiful, the food was delicious, and the staff was so accommodating. We had several small children with us and they can't wait to go back for vacation.

Room Tip: We loved our room on the south side bottom floor. Coffee on the deck with a beautiful view of the ri...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Hi Catherine:
It is wonderful to hear that your sons wedding was such a spectacular event! We do many weddings in a season at The Nonantum and the one thing they all have in common is that it is an amazing event! Every wedding is different - as unique as the couples love!
Your remark about the children wanting to come back made me smile! As every parents knows, if the kids are happy on vacation, the adults are too! And what kid wouldn't be happy in the Nonantum Resort Activity program?
Thanks so much for sharing your joy with us! It really was a marvelous wedding!

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We got a great deal at the end of June so decided to visit for the weekend. Large, recently renovated room. Pool was small but perfect for the weekend and Kennebunkport is a great place to visit. Make sure to take the Rugosa Lobster Tour from the dock in the back - it is great for young and old.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Mainah3, Owner at Nonantum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Hello New Yorkers:
So glad to hear things went so well during your visit here! June is a beautiful time to visit and our newly decorated rooms have been a huge hit!
The Rugosa is a wonderful way to spend a day. The shore looks a lot different from the water and the Rugosa folks do an outstanding job about filling everyone in on who owns which house and lots of insider stories of fun in Kennebunkport!
Looking forward to seeing you soon!
All The Best,

Reviewed 24 August 2014

This really is a lovely resort. We stayed in the main building but in the new addition. Nice staff, great breakfast ( included in the price of your room) lovely grounds. The pool area is very nice but somewhat small. Remember that this is considered a family resort so if you are not travelling with children, it does get a bit " busy" at times. There is another building on the grounds that has balconies and is closer to the water thar looks very nice, just be sure not to have a room over the parking lot. Also for those who use wifi.... A bit slow

Hello Montreal Friend:
Sounds like you had a super visit to The Nonantum! Yes, the summers can be a little kid dominated but if you are folks who can travel without children, the sweet spot fore a Nonantum visit is upon us! Just after Labor Day when the kiddos head back to school and Kennebunkport enjoys some of the nicest weather of the year is the perfect time for a Nonantum visit!
Hope to see you then!

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Perfect stay. Staff could not have made you feel more welcome. Beautiful setting with fabulous views of the water. We literally wanted for nothing. All our expectations were met and then some. A family member suffered from a head cold near the end of our stay. Corine could not have been more helpful, giving us a good supply of black tea for our room and making sure that all was right. I would make this a trip destination for 2015.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Hi Janet:
I hope your family members head cold is much better! Summer colds are no fun! Corrine really is a lovely person and she always does an outstanding job taking care of our guests.
The views are quite amazing here and every day I give a little gratitude that I get to spend time in this beautiful area. This morning was literally a dazzler of a day!
I am delighted to hear you would like to come back in 2015. All the seasons are amazing here so maybe a trip in the spring next year will be something to consider!
Best Regards,

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Delightful hotel in a fantastic setting. Within walking distance of the downtown. Angela at the front desk was especially charming. Activities for all ages including yoga classes, bike rentals, Kid's Club and sailing. The hotel is set right on the water with a view of all the boats coming and going. Plenty of places to sit outside. Gardens surrounding the hotel are lovely.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello New Jersey Friend:
How delightful to hear that you enjoyed our town and the people here. It really is a little corner of heaven and I am grateful every day I get to call Maine home!
Angela at the Front Desk is one of the loveliest people I have ever met. Charismatic, charming, smart, kind and beautiful. An unbeatable combination! We are very lucky to have her on Team Nonantum!
Come back and see our beautiful gardens again soon! They just get prettier every day!
Happy Fall,
Innkeeper

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennebunkport
Kennebunkport Inn
Lodge at Turbat's Creek
Lodge at Turbat's Creek
#5 of 6 in Kennebunkport
Grace White Barn Inn and Spa

Been to Nonantum Resort? Share your experiences!