GF and I were visiting Maine for the weekend and decided to try Nonantum Resort in Kennebunkport for one night. Booked late and probably ended up with the last available room! It was a Queen bed on the 2nd floor facing the parking lot in front of the resort. Room was just what we needed. GF was satisfied with the room and is a stickler for cleanliness. Only complaint was hot water was occasionally in short supply, but there was a large wedding party at the resort and at peak times this was expected. Access to rooms on upper floors can be a challenge for older or less mobile people. There is an elevator, but it is definitely not ADA compatible. I believe the other building may have an ADA elevator??
Staff was wonderful, everyone was friendly and helpful. Check in was a breeze. Concierge was helpful, even though we were looking else where to dine that night. Breakfast was very nice, the only comment would be there was only one toaster and it was slow, otherwise breakfast was wonderful and Richard made an excellent omelet!
When we left our previous evenings lodging I forgot to grab my GF's clothing that was in the closet. Fortunately Nonantum has a nice gift shop with some lovely dresses and wraps. The woman working that afternoon was most helpful with replenishing my GF's wardrobe (ouch)! Fortunately there was an end of season sale so the damage to my wallet wasn't too harsh!
After check in, we went for a stroll in the neighborhood and found a lovely restaurant Mabel's Lobster Claw, just down the street from Nonantum. Nice meal of Fried Clams and Chowder. Then we walked down to a beach off of Ocean Ave and enjoyed the late afternoon sun. Dinner was at The Village Tavern in West Kennebunk which was outstanding!
We would definitely book again without any hesitation. The only reason I gave it 4 stars was it was a bit pricey and not on the beach, otherwise it was a very well run property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Maine waterfront resort where traditions begin. The Nonantum has been welcoming guests with genuine hospitality since 1883. Enjoy historic charm with just the right modern comforts. Located on the Kennebunk River, along scenic Ocean Avenue, close to the shops and galleries in Dock Square, near Walker's Point and the beaches. Offering casually elegant accommodations, award-winning dining, family activities, and a gorgeous setting for special events. Seasonal outdoor heated pool, kayak rentals, trolley tours, scenic lobster boat tours, sailing tour and fishing charters departing right from the resort's on-site marina. Free WiFi, free parking, and free breakfast when you book directly with the resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Nonantum Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nonantum Resort Kennebunkport, Maine
- Nonantum Hotel Kennebunkport