“Memory lapse”
Review of Bag and Kettle

Bag and Kettle
Ranked #9 of 16 Restaurants in Kingfield
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We have been going to the Bag for years and go there for beer and burgers. Pizza is to oily for my taste. Sandwiches are good and staff is pleasant. We were there on Saturday 3/22 and it was a busy day for them which is good. Our server, and older lady who had probally been there with them for awhile took our order and never wrote a thing down. My experience with servers who think they have great skills in memory orders are not as smart as they think they are. She pleasantly smiled and took it all in. There were 5 of us and our drinks came and my sister's tea was not there. It was very busy and it took a good 10 minutes before we could get our server back. Our meals came later and then again, my sister ordered a vegie burger with a gluten free bun. She got a gluten free bun on a patty melt which is not vegetarian, but beef. We decide to eat it as it would have taken too long to re-order. My grandson's order did not want anything on the hamburger bun and it was covered with some kind of dressing. Again he had told her that. Returned bun. Now we are regular customers and realize people make mistakes, but this is uncalled for. The management needs to address this as this server believes she has a remarkable memory for ordering, when in fact she is a disaster. All servers need to be trained to write orders down. If I encounter this person again I will remind her to get a pencil. My sister and her family, who have a house nearby, won't be back.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Had a burger with the family after a long day and it was great! Staff fantastic and service very quick.

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Been coming to this place for years. Right at the base of Sugarloaf Mtn. Without a doubt the best food after a cold day of skking. Great family atmosphere and afforable prices.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Went for happy hour but was not impressed. Just stayed for one beer. Not much else I can say. Probably would not go back again.

Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

I heard great things about the food here, so my expectations were a little high. Let me preface this review with a group of us ordered take-out to enjoy in our hotel room. Even though our room was literally 2 mins away, the food was not as hot as if we were to enjoy it in the pub. With that said, the burgers and fries were quite tasty. I had the Dior burger, which was good. It would of been great if it was cooked medium as I requested. We also ordered nachos. Yes, they were plain and nothing to write home about, but good nonetheless. This is a good place to try if you're on the mountain and craving a beer and a nice burger!