“Don't waste your time.”
Review of Northeaster Motel

Northeaster Motel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Kittery
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I made a reservation for one of the cabins in February for a trip in April. I did not call to confirm the room, my mistake. After traveling over four hours to get there, I was told that my room was accidentally given away. They did offer me another room at a discounted rate. I was on a budget and didn't want to go searching for something I could afford on the spur of the moment so my girlfriend and I decided to make the best of it. It was soon apparent that this place is being used as low income housing. I assume that my cabin was given to a semi permanent tenant instead of someone just visiting for four nights. Clearly money is the driving force behind these people. The room had a dirty microwave, a dirty refrigerator, and a moldy bathroom. We ended up going out to get shower shoes before using the very tiny shower. There were plumbing problems which were quickly repaired but overall this place was dirty and smelled of mold and smoke. Not worth saving a couple of bucks. I wish I had the money to find someplace better at the time. Don't waste your time or hard earned money on this dump!

Room Tip: You won't find it at this motel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Brian O

Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

Made a reservation online for this place... Drove up from NYC did some shopping and went to check-in around 10:15pm after an exhausting day only to find out that they did not honor our online reservation!! The front desk guy was obviously already sleeping when I rang the bell, he cracked open a door and peaked out to the office area (didn't even come out to talk to me face to face) and told me there's no vacancy... I told him I made a RSVP online already so I should have a room and he stated that he doesn't know how I made a RSVP online because they don't do that. I proceeded to show him my printed confirmation information and he then told me that he doesn't know how I did that and that he doesn't even know what the Internet is or how to use it/go online and that there's no vacancy. So I asked for the manager or someone to speak to, in which he responded that the manager, someone named nousheen, was on vacation for 3 months and she can't be contacted! So I asked who else I can talk to about this cause this is unacceptable and we now have nowhere to stay. He stated that he was the guy on top right now and that he would be the one to handle this and that there is nothing he can do. He then closed the door and left me in the sketchy looking office. He was very grumpy (prob cause I woke him up from his 10pm nap!) and rude with the way he spoke to me and handled the entire situation!! If I were you I would STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!! On top of that, the pictures on line make this dump look so beautiful, but when you get there the place actually looks pretty sketchy... I'm almost happy they didn't honor our RSVP! We ended up going 2 min down the road to the Ramada which ended up being WAY BETTER with much friendlier service!!

• Stayed: April 2013
6  Thank Mthen001
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Stopped here just for one night after visiting Strawbery Banke museum. The owner was friendly and helpful. I stayed in one of the cabins which was clean and cosy, although I will admit that I bumped my head on the TV a couple of times (it's on a bracket near the kitchen area). Wifi was free and worked well. I'd look to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Booked our room online/WHAT A MISTAKE!
Mold, filth/dirt and dust around baseboards, knotty-pine paneling/obvious water damage and black stains=mold! We were absolutely shocked at the condition of this place. Double pane windows with broken seals=moisture...perfect environment for mold. Old air conditioning units strewn about at end of parking lot/along edge of woods. Owner denied room had mold. Prior to seeing room we asked about ice, "No ice machine, call front desk when you need it and I get it from my freezer!" WHAT??? Isn't there a health code about that? Doesn't someone check these online advertisements...what a shock for unsuspecting travelers! Health conditions (reaction to mold) and condition of premises prompted us to leave, demanding full refund. Upon returning home we listened to a profane voicemail message from the owner of the motel using the "F" word/upset that we requested a full refund. Travelers beware.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JulieLJ1950
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We booked our room on line the pictures were beautiful and the price was reasonable. We were not happy the room did not even have a chair to sit on or a place to put the suitcases (except on the floor) We cleared the top of the dresser and put the suitcases there for the night. The washroom was dirty the ridges on the door were coated in dust and there was mould behind the door. The beds were clean even though they were a little down hill. I would not recomend this place

Room Tip: I did not have the opportunity to look at any of the other rooms
Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Barbara U
Reviewed 21 May 2012

On our last trip for shopping to kittery outlets, we ask some poeple and they point us to couple of hotels northeaster was one of them. We never have any experience in staying in motels as we usually go for big names hotels. We called for rates and found there were couple rooms and 1 cabin was available. We rented one of the rooms. By the look it not that great but it it turned out a nice experience in that motel. Beds and room was clean, customer service was great and it was affordable so we saved some cash to put towards our shopping list :). We are glad we found that place in kittery. Next visit we will for sure stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Memoona A
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We first stayed here in 2005 after finding it when the tourist information people suggested we look on Route 1 By-pass for less expensive lodging. We've stayed every year since. The owners are very nice and helpful when we need their help. We usually stay in one of the cabins but have twice stayed in one of the rooms. Everything is always clean and comfortable. I particularly like the fact that they have windows which can be opened to let in the wonderful outside air when we are there in Sept. The owners care about the place and keep upgrading equipment and accessories. There are always pretty flowers planted and we like being surrounded by trees.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank CWR_EA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kittery
Ramada Kittery
Best Western Plus Portsmouth Hotel & Suites
Coachman Inn
Coachman Inn
#2 of 4 in Kittery

Been to Northeaster Motel? Share your experiences!