Coachman Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$94
Kittery Inn and Suites(Kittery)(Great Value!)
US$108
The Hotel Portsmouth(Portsmouth)
US$157
Courtyard Portsmouth(Portsmouth)
US$146
Howard Johnson Portsmouth(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$101
All reviewscandy storeoutlet storescontinental breakfastyogurtfamily roomkittery trading posteggs and sausagelarge roomshopping tripcoffee teathe ground floorstay there againpleasant surprisefirst floorfridge and microwavewould highly recommend this hoteloutdoor pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I needed a place for a quick stop on a driving trip, and this place fit the bill. We checked in very late, but the front desk person on duty was cheerful and helpful. The room was decorated in what I would call New England country style, a little out of date but not too bad. Beds were comfortable and linens were clean, though the carpet had some stains and the wing chairs looked worn. The bathroom, again, was very clean but looking a little worn. Towers were plentiful and soft but not very thick. The continental breakfast included in the room rate was minimal: bagels, English muffins, cereal, fruit, yogurt. I ended up stopping at the Dunkin Donuts for a decent coffee.

A good night sleep, but not much more, and for a higher price than I would have expected.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
CoachmanService, Online Marketing Coordinator at Coachman Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your last stay at the Coachman Inn. This past weekend was a busy one on the seacoast as it was UNH graduation and hotels in the area fill up fast. Consistent with other hotels and airlines, our rates increase during peak seasons, holidays, and weekends and decrease in the off-season. We are happy you chose us to fulfill your travel needs and we encourage you to visit us again as we complete renovations yearly to improve the quality of each stay.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

I bought a groupon for this Inn and when I arrived everything was nice and the staff was pleasant. However, I will not be staying here again.

After our first night, my boyfriend broke out in terrible hives. We went down to the desk to try and find out what could have caused this and they were cooperative in trying to solve but in the end all we got was a pill and a "sorry." I was happy they offered us medicine but not even offering to try and change our sheets with a different type of detergent or offering a separate set of sheets? Well... I kind of hoped for that.

We went to a pharmacy for some benedryl and decided it wouldn't be good to stay at the hotel another night when he could wake up and be terribly uncomfortable due to the hives. We checked out.

It was the same person behind the desk. There was no offer to compensate our last night that we didn't use. There was no type of compensation offered for our discomfort either.

This experience taught us that from now on we'll have to travel with our own bedding. Hopefully other hotels in this area are more willing to accomodate someone who unexpectedly has an allergic reaction.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Stephanie D

Dear Guest,

I am so sorry to hear about your last experience and any discomfort you may have suffered. Our housekeeping staff has used the same name-brand laundry detergents on all of our linens for the last 15 years and although we have not had any previous complaints regarding this particular issue, I have notified our Executive Housekeeper of this past incident. Great consideration and effort goes into keeping our linens clean, fresh, and consistent with the quality our guests have come to expect. In accordance with our hotel policies, we were unfortunately unable to refund you for the voucher you had purchased through a third-party. Again, I apologize for the any inconvenience you experienced.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in April alone and was perfectly happy. The entire staff is very capable and very nice as well. This is a property that was built in the heyday of motels but it has been
kept up and is clean and well maintained. Very large room with a separate area with microwave and fridge. I would come back any time.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
CoachmanService, Online Marketing Coordinator at Coachman Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. Our staff here at the Coachman Inn is one of our strongest assets. We want you to feel like you're home, which is especially comforting when travelling alone. Each year we strive to improve upon your experience by updating our property. We encourage you to come back soon to see what other renovations we have completed.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed a couple of nights recently, and really enjoyed our stay. I required a room with an accessible shower, and the Coachman did not disappoint- expect for the chair that was in the tub instead of a fold-down bench (not a big deal). The room was clean, and central to the outlets and highway so it was very convenient... The price was very affordable too, and would definitely stay there again.....

Oh, the walls were a little thin, and I could hear the TV and people in room next to us talking, but again, not a big deal....

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
CoachmanService, Online Marketing Coordinator at Coachman Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Coachman Inn during your last trip to Kittery and for your kind review. I'm happy to hear that we were able to meet your requests and that you took advantage of our great location next to the Kittery Premium Outlets. All of us at the Coachman Inn look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 1 May 2013

Stayed at Coachman twice in April coming and going for a golf trip. Both times our room smelled bad and price varied significantly. Stayed previously in January and it was a great experience so was a little disappointed as have suggested as a great place to stay to many friends. Location to shopping is a real plus but in future may consider staying elsewhere.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robert H

Dear Guest,

I want to express how sorry I am that your last trip was not up to standards. Our staff uses these reviews to make sure they are providing the service and quality you've come to expect. I would like to thank you for bringing these concerns to my attention and the proper actions will be taken immediately.

I would also like to apologize for the confusion regarding the different prices. Nightly rates in the area, including our hotel, do increase as the peak season approaches. Although the Coachman Inn has kept up with industry standards, our prices have not increased in 3 years. We have continued to offer better prices than other comparable properties in the area.

I hope you will allow us to restore your confidence in the Coachman Inn. Please feel free to contact me to discuss this issue further at xani@coachmaninn.net.