“value and location”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Kittery
Canada
“value and location”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Rooms for a family at reasonable prices include two double beds and a single, along with two bathrooms. Breakfast is plentiful and included in the price. Location is right across from Kittery outlets.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank moms76

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Danforth, Maine
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Huge clean comfortable rooms, two large beds with the most comfortable snugly bedding, microwave, mini fridge. Lots of options on tv to relax after shopping. Warm room as it was freezing out. Inside access to lobby as well as outer access to our car, great location, excellent friendly service. Great time Christmas shopping. Great value. This was my first trip to kittery but it won'tbe my last. And coachman inn is where I'll stay!

• Stayed December 2013
Souris, Canada
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Large clean room located in the middle of all the Kittery Outlet Malls. You could walk to the mall from here. Free local and long distance calls to US and Canada - yes I said FREE! Free wifi and cable TV and breakfast. Great water pressure in the shower too. All at a reasonable price. I stayed a night at the Hilton in Boston and didn't get any of those amenities for free and it cost twice as much.

My husband and I were returning from a trip out of Boston airport and choose to stop here for the night before continuing home to Prince Edward Island. We weren't here for the shopping, but what a convienent location if shopping is on your list of things to do. I grew up in Kittery and knew of the Coachman. It has been in that spot for as long as I can remember. So being an older establishment, I wasn't sure what to expect. I was very pleasantly surprised with my stay here.I would confidently recommend it to anyone. My sister ended up showing up to visit and they happily supplied us with a cot for her to stay the night.

Room Tip: If you need/like a larger room, ask for an upstairs one.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Terri M
Abington, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 November 2013

This was a return visit for us. We were attending a meeting to be held at the Inn on Saturday Nov 2, 2013 but we wanted to relax and visit a friend an hour away in Acton, ME; so we came up from the town where we live South of Boston on Friday afternoon and stayed till Monday morning for a total of 3 nights. Enjoyed the room # 53 very much, spacious and very comfy. Just a suggestion if you are a senior, you might want to get a King Room with one king bed instead because the Jacuzzi tub for two is actually very high on the side to get in and out of the tub. That is what I will get next time for us; but if you are younger and agile, this room is SUPER! Breakfast was good and plenty of it. Make sure you ask for the fridge and the microwave, it is not standard furnishing; has to be requested - first come first served.
Will return, hopefully soon.

Room Tip: See my comments on room # 53 in my review. The room's bed area is separate from the sitting area...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Kittery, Maine
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Very clean and conveniently located right in the Kittery outlets. Friendly staff and good continental breakfast. When I don't have room at my place, I always recommend Coachman Inn to my out of town friends and family.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Westport, CT
Reviewed 20 October 2013

The whole staff was pleasant and helpful from reservation to check out. This is not a high quality stay, and we were frequently woken up by the boom of the plumbing in the upstairs rooms. The kids thought it was fun though because there was a pool and the people were nice. The breakfast/check in area was kept clean and well stocked, and they're located very close to the outlets which was a huge plus. We would stay again if the hotels in Portsmouth are all booked.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
York Beach, Maine
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We were very impressed with the Coachman Inn, we stay in York a few times throughout the year and this was our first time here. Rooms were decorated nicely, beds comfortable and the bathroom was nice, very easy to use shower, good pressure and the shampoo and soap were a step above usual amenities. A nice continental breakfast and extremely friendly and helpful staff. Close to Outlet malls walking distance to one and short drive to York beach and Ledges golf club.

Room Tip: Rooms further back around turn were quiet and very nice.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank PattyKelley71
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kittery
Ramada Kittery
The Hotel Portsmouth
The Hotel Portsmouth
#1 of 17 in Portsmouth
Best Western Plus Portsmouth Hotel & Suites

Been to Coachman Inn? Share your experiences!