See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 December 2012

This is a perfect location. Portsmouth is nearby (classy town -- fine restaurants, shopping, pubs, activities; perfect walking town); Kittery outlet malls are nearby; the town of Newington (movie theater, chain restaurants, chain stores). The B&B is located in a quiet neighborhood and very close to two libraries, several cafes, antique stores and second-hand thrift stores. Pleasant staff, charming B&B, quiet & safe neighborhood. Enchanted Nights is perfect for those who enjoy looking at more than plain curtains & neutral shades. Whether you are seeking to move to New England or visit, Enchanted Nights offers a new beginning to a secret garden full of surprises. Just stay at least a week and take the time to explore the Eastern New England to the fullest. You will have memories to look back upon for years to come!

Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Jeannene83
Reviewed 25 November 2012

My friend and I spent a weekend in Maine in the Enchanted Nights BnB. It was very enjoyable. The decor was quite interesting with all the antiques, colors and designs. In a very loving way, I felt like I was Alice in "Through the Looking Glass". It was quite comfortable, although we didn't have a TV (we did have a vcr though). Quiet, nice hot water to shower, warm rooms, clean sheets and towels and a nice hot breakfast with plenty of delicious coffee for breakfast. Peter (the owner) was extremely helpful with suggestions for dinner and places to shop for antiques.

Room Tip: As two friends traveling together, we had the 2 bedrooms with a shared bathroom on the lowest level with our own entrance. If I had been with my boyfriend, I would have chosen one of the other one-bed rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I chose this B&B because it accepted dogs. Thank God we arrived late at night and way too tired to go anywhere else because after one look at the yard, the garbage on the porch and the weed infested driveway I would have driven off to sleep in the vehicle. I stay in B&B's very frequently and I have never experienced such a dirty and outdated decour. Enclosed are photo's of the touret room in which we stayed. Note that the first area you enter is the toilet area. The sink is in the bedroom and the curtains look like they have not been changed or washed in years. Caution: it does not look like the photo's any longer from the website. Needless to say we did not stay for breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Trauern1
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Great Inn, romantic, great breakfast, helpful staff (Peter) great local food, small quaint town with New England charm. The Inn was the highlight though, Victorian charm and a ton of fascinating antiques. Very comfortable and we'll be back next year for sure. Recommended to all my friends and family. Thanks to everyone at Enchanted nights, it was a memorable stay! Jeff K. Fort Myers, FL

Room Tip: The Bella was romantic, whirlpool tub and gas fireplace!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeffkinder
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We found Enchanted Night Bed and Breakfast uniquely charming! Initially put off by the unkempt yard and exterior, we toured the available rooms and found a very charming, very clean home with an eclectic collection of antiques. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was separated from the bedroom by curtains-which was fine for us. The ceilings are painted sky blue with clouds, each room had a fan, air conditioning and a mini frig. There was a darling room in the turret of this fabulous victorian-but the weather was hot and I need cool sleeping so we chose a room on the 2nd floor. There is a newer building in the back with an apartment and a big lovely room with huge bathroom with a jacuzzi-and pets are welcome.
The owners who are into rescuing animals, are vegetarian and make breakfast according to your likes. The coffee was delicious-but they ran out before our breakfast was done. It was served on beautiful china, crystal and cloth napkins. We met a mother and daughter who were enjoying their week-long stay with their dog. They had stayed there last summer too...
We were charmed and felt we discovered a very cool place in spite of the poorly maintained grounds.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple