See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Once again, our stay at Enchanted Nights BnB was wonderful. The Victorian decoration reminded me of my grandmother's home...lace curtains, rose china, claw foot bathtubs. The innkeepers, Peter and Nancy and their animal companions, go out of their way to make your stay comfortable. The innkeepers are knowledgeable about local places, whether you are heading to the beach, shopping, or a day trip, Peter will be able to guide you in the right direction.

The rooms are clean and tidy, the hot vegetarian breakfast is delicious and filling ...usually scrambled eggs with veggies like tomatoes or veggie sausage. It comes with fruit and a pastry, like blueberry turnovers, or potatoes cooked a variety of ways and of course your choice of coffee or tea.

We have been staying at Enchanted Nights BnB for over ten years. It is still an excellent value and a wonderful overall experience. We will be back! Thank you Nancy and Peter.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We stayed at the Enchanted Nights B&B after a long day at the beach, super cozy plave, we had the sweet dreams room, in room jacuzzi. The reason we liked staying here so much was the helpful owner, told us of a great place for dinner and gave us a coupon. The owner gave us great driving directions, had the AC in our room turned on long before we arrived, gave us a great tour of the whole place. Great location for a B&B, just far enough away from all the hotels and businesses for peace and quiet. Really clean, good AC, very quiet.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2013

When I booked the Bella suite at Enchanted Nights for a romantic weekend for my sweetheart’s birthday, I did so with a degree of concern – as you can see by my reviewer status, I’ve been in a lot of B&Bs and hotels in a lot of cities around the world. I’ve never booked a night at any B&B with the disparity of reviews recorded by those who’ve stayed at Enchanted Nights. The name of the place didn’t excite me, either - it had a sort of Vegas strip sound. I dawdled for days before finally booking it. My decision to book it was clinched by a reviewer who admonished the naysayers to go book a room at a Howard Johnson’s.

And we had an absolutely fabulous stay! It you're incurable romantics, this is THE place for you!

Yes, the absentee owners of the B&B are hoarders of every conceivable kind of antique memorabilia, from massive oak furniture to antique gas stoves to teacups to collections of prints and serving pieces and glassware and… And it’s everywhere. The high oak Ardmore in our suite had a small rocking chair perched on top. A pair of pilsner glasses on a tray beside the bed, and a pair of antique champagne glasses on a desk by the fireplace. A small microwave and a small fridge. Strange and wonderful.

The Bella suite is located in a modern building next to the main 1890s house. It has large, cathedral-ceilinged room dominated by a huge king size bed, very comfy, with featherbed covers and gossamer tenting. On one wall, among the many antiques and bric-a-brac, a electrically controlled gas fireplace placed into an old fireplace – and along the other, a marvelous Jacuzzi for two. In the bathroom, a modern stall shower for two, with two showerheads.

The room was, despite what many would call clutter – I prefer to call fascinating articles of charm – immaculately clean.

The B&B is managed by Beth, an absolutely charming young woman who works her heart out to keep what is clearly a challenging edifice clean and well run. The Bella is the best room in the facility, but several of the other rooms in the main house, though smaller, have their own variant of charm. The owners of the Enchanted Nights are fortunate to have such a caring, cheery person who cooks a great vegetarian breakfast, touches up the paintings on the walls, makes the beds – in short, does everything she can to keep the guests happy.

While there's a TV in the room, we decided to use the B&B's truly excellent wi-fi (11+mBps) to play the XM radio app on my iPad, tuned to the love channel.

We had a wonderful, romantic time at this B&B. We’ve been at a few similar antique-packed B&Bs – Victorian Ladies in Newport, RI, for example, and Ravenswood Castle in Ohio. We had a wonderful time in each, although our home looks nothing like any of them.

I’d suggest that if you’re prepared for a special evening or two, and can put away your Marriott and Holiday Inn idea of a place to stay and enjoy, try the Enchanted Nights. It’s quirky, comfortable and fun. Check my photos!

Room Tip: Don't skimp on room prices - pay the extra few dollars and book the Bella.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mel_StonehamMA
Reviewed 1 January 2013

We had my daughter's bachelorette party at Enchanted Nights. It was such a fun and unique setting. The hosts were wonderful about giving us space. We had a blast. It couldn't have been more fun. Thanks Enchanted Nights!!

Room Tip: Each room is over-the-top with French decor. It's entertaining just to sit on the bed!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Alison V
Reviewed 28 December 2012

This is a perfect location. Portsmouth is nearby (classy town -- fine restaurants, shopping, pubs, activities; perfect walking town); Kittery outlet malls are nearby; the town of Newington (movie theater, chain restaurants, chain stores). The B&B is located in a quiet neighborhood and very close to two libraries, several cafes, antique stores and second-hand thrift stores. Pleasant staff, charming B&B, quiet & safe neighborhood. Enchanted Nights is perfect for those who enjoy looking at more than plain curtains & neutral shades. Whether you are seeking to move to New England or visit, Enchanted Nights offers a new beginning to a secret garden full of surprises. Just stay at least a week and take the time to explore the Eastern New England to the fullest. You will have memories to look back upon for years to come!

Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo