“Unique and Special for the Unique and Special”

Enchanted Nights B&B
Ranked #2 of 2 Kittery B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The Enchanted Nights is not for the snobby or unenlightened. It is a fest for the eyes at every turn. Beautiful antiques and collectables, creative design making each room one of a kind, great attention to our needs(brought our dogs bowls and wine glasses for our evening drink outside), delicious breakfast and great coffee, and INTELLIGENT conversation.
We had the Cottage, a 2 room: small yet roomy charming and quaint. Perfect for our needs with our 2 dogs.
The saying " Don't judge a book by it's cover, or don't judge people by how they look" totally applies here. So there are weeds or overgrown grass, missing paint, or a non paved driveway these are not the reasons to evaluate a B&B, spending nights in a B & B is for the special touches that the chain hotels can't deliver.
If you love cookie cutter stay elsewhere! If YOU are out of the ordinary -stay in this out of the ordinary and special local.
Special thanks to Peter and Nancy

Room Tip: all rooms were unique, special and pretty -check the webs pictures and choose.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bradysgm

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Please don't make the mistake I and my friends did — look beyond the quaint photos on the website and look more carefully at the 3.5 evaluation. Nearly as many people offered great reviews as terrible reviews...with all the terrible reviews taking place recently. Something happened to this once-charming B&B, possibly family illness/issue — whatever the cause, sadly, they should no longer be in business and the health department for the Town of Kittery is investigating. No to underpowered air conditioning, mildew, and a hording are some key words you won't see on their website, but should be.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Pantone484
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Disgusting, vile, disturbing, and scary. There’s not enough ways I can describe how utterly alarming this place is. Other reviews have mentioned the clutter and chaos of so-called antiques, some positive reviews calling it unique, quirky, or unusual. Rather, it is a horrific collection in the realm of a hoarder, pure junk, some rusted, like the things you might find for a dollar at a tag sale. And they are everywhere, in great abundance (you could kill yourself just navigating around them), rugs on top of more rugs, even a child’s dress hanging on a beaten up iron bed frame, old video tapes strewn about, I could go on and on, but trust me, this is a freak house, if not just a dusty, musty result of some kind of weird pathology of the owner/manager. The outside is just as much of a disaster; it reminded my husband of how horror films start with an unsuspecting traveler whose car breaks down only to wander into a stranger’s house for help, when he begins to notice there’s something strange going on inside. It reminded me of one those houses where the neighborhood children are too frightened to go near on Halloween. I am completely suspicious of the positive reviews – there is absolutely nothing positive about this place. I’ve been to b&b’s more numerous times than I could count, and never ever have I had such a horrifying experience. If it were not for the late check in and bad rainy weather, I would have left right away. Instead we toughed it out on an absurd bed with a big mound in the middle. We slept maybe four hours, if that, and bolted at first light of dawn, which could not have come a minute too soon. Needless to say, we did not stay for breakfast: the thought of what that kitchen might have looked like, and what we would have been served was too repulsive to even attempt to face. One more thing: there were no other guests the night we stayed; however, there seemed to be a collective of misfits (2 strange women and young man) who it appeared were living there. The whole time I had a sense of fear and risk to my health. If I could rate this a zero or less I would.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
10  Thank HappyTravelerFromNYC
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Would never stay here again! Love B&Bs, have stayed in some wonderful ones, but this was the worse ever! They didn't ask about allergies, didn't ask how we wanted our eggs cooked, covers were dusty, ceiling in our room was gone from a roof leak above, other room smelled of mold! Antiques were nice! No discount , no offer of refund! This was about 3 1/2 years back and it still make me crazy!!! Don't stay here!

• Stayed: September 2012
6  Thank Columnistrjk
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I can be happy with "casual" but our stay (3 women staying in a "suite") (basement) at this B&B was only just tolerable. It was NOT charming, it was dank, dark, and we worried about getting sick from the odor of the rooms. For this kind of setting, the rates ought to have been cheap- they were not.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Barb P
Reviewed 1 July 2013

This was my first time at a b&b and what a wonderful experience! We landed in Portsmouth area and were looking for a place to stay, the hotel chains were upwards of $140/night and we came across this at only $70/night. Keep in mind this isn't the same as your hotel chains, this place had incredible character and charm. A variety of rooms were available in different sizes. All of them were nicely decorated with a touch of nostalgic class. The downstairs tea dining area displayed a vast collection of vintage tea setups. The hosts were incredibly kind and helpful. There was even a couple of house cats that just soaked in the sun on the deck. Downtown Portsmouth is just a short drive over the bridge. Everything about this place was fantastic, the rooms, the service, the deck. If I had to give constructive advice on anything at all, perhaps the bed should have some memory foam to be a little more firm. But incredible, very very fond memories here!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic! You can't go in expecting a modern hotel chain setup. This place had character! Several rooms with a variety of options. The hosts were extremely accommodating, kind, and helpful. Great price and location! Highly recommend!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kittery
Kittery Inn and Suites
#17 of 17 in Portsmouth
Coachman Inn
Coachman Inn
#2 of 4 in Kittery

Been to Enchanted Nights B&B? Share your experiences!