“Rude”

Cuisines: Seafood
Durham, Connecticut
“Rude”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Two of the most miserable, rude women we've ever met and done business with. We paid extra for hard shell lobsters and were disappointed when we ended up with three out of four soft shells.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Sean M

Montreal, Canada
“What a place!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Personal service, packed up 8 live lobsters to bring back home to Canada. The best ever, don't be deceived by the looks of the place. Its a must go to if you like Lobster! Oh ya, and they packed up to lobster rolls to eat in the car! wow!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Ivan56
florida
“A slice of a real Mainer.”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Been buying lobsters from Betty for years and years. This is a slice of a true Maine family who've had the same retail outlet for decades. It's plain. It's simple. It's no nonsense and it works. The son supplies the lobsters. I do believe that they sell lobster rolls and knowing Betty they'd be "honest" rolls with mostly lobster. Easy parking and cash only. They don't take phone calls. I love to know that there are still businesses that are fiercely independent. Go Betty. Great place.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank mooselymaine
Hartford, New York, United States
“Best Lobster Rolls at a Great Price!”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

My husband and I made a trip over to the Kittery Trading Post and decided to get something to eat when we were done shopping. We had no destination in mind, we just felt like grabbing something like a Lobster Roll before we headed home. This place is actually a fish market, and I almost turned and left, but my husband noticed the sign for the Lobster Roll, so we parked and went in. One of the best decisions we made! The meat was super fresh, and the price was amazing too! For $20 we both got a Lobster Roll and a soda. My husband declared it the best he's ever had! There were no fillers, just big chunks of lobster meat, on a bun, the way it should be! What pushed it over the top for my husband was the fact that it tasted like they used Miracle Whip...which he loves. I love mayonaise, but honestly, it tasted so good I barely noticed the extra tang...lol! The staff was very nice, it just took a few minutes and we were on the road again.

There's really nowhere to eat there, it's just take out, but if you want one of the best rolls in Maine..in our opinion...check it out!

• Visited September 2013