“Excellent coffee, bakery, and lunch items”
Review of Lil's Cafe

Lil's Cafe
Ranked #1 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Kittery
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My review is based on what I expect from a good coffee, bakery, and lunch spot. This is not fine dining, but what you want in the morning -- very good coffee and high quality bakery.

I appreciate the fact that this place has savory baked goods, not just sugar-laden options ( the bacon and onion scone was delicious, and tender and light for a scone.) There are also granolas, etc.

I was just visiting, but my sister who lives in teh area stops by for very good sandwiches on home-baked breads and focaccia. There are also salads, quiche, homemeade soup.

Friendly. efficient service. A nice sunny place.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Lil's serves perfect individually prepared cappuccino and decadent French crullers that are not to be missed. There is also an adjacent juice bar that looked very enticing, which I plan to visit next time. It's an easy detour if you are headed up or down I 95.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Holy cow! We went up to visit my parents and my mother said, "You have to taste this. It's the best cruller you'll ever taste in your life." Well, I'm not a cruller girl, I'm more into a good chocolate chip cookie. She drove us over and we bought crullers, and oreo cruller for our daughter, a good-looking underdone chocolate chip cookie, some monkey bread and the hubby got a coffee (he's a very picky coffee-drinker).

Well, no, I don't like crullers, but this was total heaven. And the chocolate chip cookies? Maybe the some of the best I've ever had. The hubby was raving about the coffee and our 15-year-old daughter could tell us about the oreo cruller because her mouth was stuffed with it for the entire ride. All we heard from the back seat was "oh my God.... this is..... oh my God."

I think those words can be used perfectly to describe everything we ate at Lil's. You just have to stop here.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We were there for lunch today. It's in an old bank building. Very nicely decorated, clean and bright. The staff seems nice, though service was a bit slow. Right in Kittery Foreside, which is really developing into an area with lots going on. They have a nice selection of pastries, very good coffee, but only 4 sandwiches on the menu (one of which they were out of today), a few salads and soups. The breakfast menu ends at 11:00. The food was very good, and reasonably priced. I'd recommend it, but be prepared for limited options if going for lunch.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stopped in here at the recommendation of someone in town and were extremely satisfied, so much so we went back a few more times in the short while we were in town. The coffee was amazing, they had almond milk so my wife, who is lactose intolerant, was able to enjoy a latte, and really good gluten free peanut butter cookies. Quaint little coffee shop with a lot of history to look at, with a used bookstore attached - what else could you ask for?

Been to Lil's Cafe? Share your experiences!