“How do you spell croissant?”
Review of Lil's Cafe

Lil's Cafe
Ranked #2 of 6 Bakeries in Kittery
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Answer: it doesn't matter as long as you come here to get one. Seriously excellent croissants good coffee too. Cool place we will be back.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stopped here just for a little snack and drink . The baked goods were incredible and the menu had some interesting and delicious options.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

When this place first opened, I was simply excited to have a coffee shop open right down the street for my half asleep self to stumble into. What I did not expect was the exceptional quality of baked goods that would emerge from this place! If you have never been and want to try it out, I can recommend that you can pick any pastry at random and I can guarantee you that it will please your tongue (as long as you like sweets and pastries, of course). The sandwiches and coffee are good, but they are not the real stars of this show.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

My review is based on what I expect from a good coffee, bakery, and lunch spot. This is not fine dining, but what you want in the morning -- very good coffee and high quality bakery.

I appreciate the fact that this place has savory baked goods, not just sugar-laden options ( the bacon and onion scone was delicious, and tender and light for a scone.) There are also granolas, etc.

I was just visiting, but my sister who lives in teh area stops by for very good sandwiches on home-baked breads and focaccia. There are also salads, quiche, homemeade soup.

Friendly. efficient service. A nice sunny place.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Lil's serves perfect individually prepared cappuccino and decadent French crullers that are not to be missed. There is also an adjacent juice bar that looked very enticing, which I plan to visit next time. It's an easy detour if you are headed up or down I 95.