“Great service, great meal”

Robert's Maine Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Robert's Maine Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 71 Restaurants in Kittery
Price range: US$7 - US$48
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Near Kittery Trading Post
Description: Robert's opened in June 2006 with the same mission that it has today: to take a fresh spin on farm-to-table Maine cuisine. Sourcing local ingredients has always been a strong part of Maine culture, and we are passionate about taking these values to the next level with innovative dishes and modern ambience. So yes, we are renowned for our lobster, baked and fried seafood, steaks, burgers and local craft beer, but we also strive to include New American elements to our menu with seasonal, local ingredients. Over the years, Robert's has grown to become a Maine institution, celebrating the evolving culinary landscape of the state. Most importantly, we strive to serve locals and visitors with food that is fresh, mindful and delicious!
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

All 7 of us enjoyed our meals (from the adult version of grilled cheese to the lobster pie to kids meals) and the service was outstanding from the moment we walked in the door. Comfortable atmosphere too!

GM_Desiree, General Manager at Robert's Maine Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

We strive to provide great service and freshly prepared local food. I am happy to hear that we met your expectations in both areas. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience.

There are newer reviews for Robert's Maine Grill

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Went to dinner after a long day of traveling and truly enjoyed our dinner and the overall atmosphere. It was casual and comfortable with excellent service!

1  Thank Alyssa P

I am so glad that we could provide some reprieve from your busy traveling day. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding our establishment. I hope you will stop in again.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We were here for dinner on 6/8. I'm not sure I will go back. We had to remind our waitress several times to bring things that were not delivered. We shared steamers (which I love) and I wouldn't bother ordering them here. I ordered the 1.25# lobster and I'm postiive it was more like a 3/4 -1 # lobster. I've been eating lobster in Maine for 36 years and think I have a pretty good idea of the size of lobsters. This was our first night in Maine and I left disappointed.

GM_Desiree, General Manager at Robert's Maine Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

I am certainly disappointed that your experience was not all that it could have been. We would have loved the opportunity in the moment to try and rectify it for you, especially if your displeasure had been brought to our attention. Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

see this restaurant every time we visit Maine. stopped and we both ordered the lobster roll. for $23 we expected more. had better at Applebee's

I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your last visit. I appreciate you taking the time to write your review. It is feedback, from guests like yourself that allows us to constantly improve.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This was our first visit to Robert's. While it is a very casual restaurant, we did make the recommended reservation and even though we arrived early, we were seated right away at a window table overlooking the water. The hostesses and wait staff were lovely, and the drinks and food came quickly. My husband enjoyed a local beer that was recommended for him by our waitress; my Bloody Mary was okay but shame on me for not noticing the price of $12 on the menu before ordering. We started with the clam chowder which came in a good-sized mug and was very tasty. The fried scallop plate ($25) was plentiful and came with fries and cole slaw, and my husband thoroughly enjoyed it. The lobster roll came with no side ($23 for the regular, $28 for the jumbo). The sweet potato fries were excellent and were $5 extra. The regular size roll was a bit skimpy with the lobster, no where near the amount offered at some other places for less money, so that was a disappointment, though the lobster meat itself was very good. The chocolate cake was tasty but dry, and the blueberry cobbler also was dry and very bland. Coming from an area of Florida where we're used to higher restaurant prices, we were surprised by the pricing at Robert's, where our casual meal for two came to $113, before tip, and while this might have been more palatable if everything had been excellent, it's probably best to check the online menu before heading to Robert's.

We strive to provide great service and freshly prepared local food. I am happy to hear that the staff took good care of you, but disappointed that you feel you did not get the quality of food and drink that you paid for. I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding our establishment.