“Great sister weekend get away!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kittery
Portsmouth Harbor Inn and Spa
Ranked #2 of 3 Kittery B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 February 2012

My sister and I spent the night here. We each got facials. Facial was fabulous. We walked to the down town area and had dinner at Anneke Jans. Great food. The inn has an expansive video library and we watched a movie before bed. The Dido room was so warm and home like. We will definitely come back.

Room Tip: Dido room has two twin beds perfect for friends.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Portsmouth Harbor Inn and Spa

Reviewed 20 February 2012

My best friend from high school and I visited and had a great time! The food was creative and good. The cookies and cocoa left out for an afternoon snack was wonderful. Aggie the neighborhood cat kept trying to get in and we understood why! Very cozy and comfortable. We hope to come back. Thanks for great memories.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I had an amazing experience today with a facial that was out of this world, an amazing massage and a fabulous pedicure. While having a facial I had the sunbeams beating in through the open window, while I listened to the water and local birds and felt the sea breeze brush over my face. I don't think you can beat this atmosphere, not to mention the beautiful, old building with amazing character. I can't wait to go back.

Mara S.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I booked a specific massage package for my husband as a holiday gift. I paid for it, with gratuity and got the gift certificate in the mail clearly stating the type of massage he was to get. When he went in for his appointment they gave him a completely different type of massage and told him I had changed it. I had not. Then they charged him an extra $50 for the difference. When I called, understandably upset, the owner took NO responsibility and threw it back on me. She agreed I had booked and paid for SOMETHING OTHER THAN WHAT HE GOT, but argued that it was somehow my fault?! Irresponsible and bad business. What is really sad is that my husband really enjoyed the experience, but would never go back because of this.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Courtenay D
LynnSpa, Owner at Portsmouth Harbor Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2012

No "bait and switch" took place; a series of miscommunications between the gift certificate purchaser, her husband, and the staff of the spa resulted in the gentleman receiving a 75-minute massage rather than a 55-minute massage. He was very pleased with his massage. We were unaware of any miscommunication until after the husband had left, when the wife telephoned in great distress. After the telephone call, the additional charge for the extended services was voided, and we sent an email to the address we had for the couple with an apology and advising of the voided charges. All of us at Portsmouth Harbor Inn & Spa try very hard to give our Inn & Spa guests the very best services, but we are human, too, and occasionally make mistakes.

Reviewed 1 January 2012

This beautiful old home is a relaxing retreat just minutes from Portsmouth, NH. We booked a 2 nite package that included a bottle of bubbly and his and hers massages at spa....The food was fabulous. Lynn's menus are traditional with a twist...Fried oatmeal....sounds crazy but OMG it's out of this world good. Or how about some baked grapefruit with ginger? My husband does not have an "adventurous" palate but he ate/liked it all! Our room was comfortable and relaxing. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend this Inn to family and friends. We plan to return...

Room Tip: The pictures on the web site are a good representation so choose that way
Reviewed 30 December 2011

This place exceeded all of my expectations! I went with my husband for a weekend getaway but due to the service, the convenient location, and the in-house spa, I would recommend it for any occasion- couples getaway, girls weekend, bachelorette party, one-night getaway, etc. The service was excellent; the food was delicious and the spa services were great too. Lynn, the owner, made our stay perfect with her on-point recommendations and welcoming personality. I will definitely be going back!

Reviewed 28 December 2011

We found this great place to stay when we wanted to explore Portsmouth for shopping and dining. Bedrooom and bathroom very comfortable, clean, and a great quiet location but so close to walk or drive to the Portsmouth restaurants. Lynn gave us some great restaurant recommendations. Breakfast was delicious - some previous reviews indicated breakfast was only sweet products but this was not our experience - we had a delicious baked egg dish. We did not have time to experience the hot tub or spa but look forward to going back again and will do this. Other hotels and accommodation in Portsmouth is extremely expensive and this is great value for money offering great location for a lot less than others are charging.

Room Tip: We stayed in the room with the biggest bathroom and it was a lovely bright room with aspects on two...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kittery
Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel
Ramada Kittery
Ramada Kittery
#2 of 3 in Kittery
Best Western Plus Portsmouth Hotel & Suites

Been to Portsmouth Harbor Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!