Portsmouth Harbor Inn and Spa
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Kittery
See available hotels
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
The Hotel Portsmouth(Portsmouth)
Courtyard Portsmouth(Portsmouth)
View Hotel
All reviewscookiesb bbreakfast was deliciousshort walkroyal georgeother guestsshopping and diningdietary needsold housefood allergieswalk across the bridgefront porchtop floorlocation is greatnew englandbed and breakfastlong weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed here and it lived up to our expectations.
Lovely room and great breakfast.

The location is really nice in a quiet part of town but as previously stated in other reviews the road can be a little noisy.

Nice to walk across the bridge to Portsmouth for dinner.
If you are staying in the area this is highly recommended.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We had a lovely (and too short) stay. Even though there was some traffic noise (at commuting time) because of the nearness of the bridge to Portsmouth; we will stay here again when in the area. You can walk to Portsmouth over that bridge, but you are staying in a lovely residential neighborhood on the harbor. Our room was pretty and immaculate, and not crammed with Victoriana as so many of this vintage are. The linens were amazing. I'm not a good sleeper, but I had a restful night. We were the only guests on a Monday night. Was like staying with (very nice) family. Loved the port (and cookies, and tea...) on offer in the sitting room. Loved that there is lots of public space including a wonderful front porch. Lynn listened carefully to what we wanted in a restaurant, and her recommendation was spot on. Breakfast is served at a communal table and was lick-your-plate wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Lynn, the owner/innkeeper was awesome! baked us cookies upon our arrival, made wonderful dinner recommendations, gave great directions ,served a lovely breakfast! She did it all! The place is very clean, quiet and charming, right near the water. Beds and sheets were most comfy. Lots of books and other materials to browse to either plan ur trip or learn a little more about Maine. We adored the place and hope she sends us the recipe for those yummy cookies!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We - young couple - stayed there twice in September. Both times we were very warmly received, dietary restrictions were asked in advance and breakfast prepared accordingly. Rooms super clean and individually decorated, with big windows, a ceiling fan and air conditioning.
Breakfast is very cosy in the living room with the other guests - we may have been lucky (or maybe the Inn attracts the "right" kind of people?) but one could spend the whole morning there, chatting away...
The owner is extremely nice and friendly, too.
We will definitely go back there next year!

Room Tip: Each room is different from the others - in size and decor - so it's worthwhile to take a good look at the pictures on the Inn's web page, which can be trusted and show the rooms as they actually are.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I recently stayed at the charming Portsmouth Harbor Inn for one night on my way back to Boston from a week in Maine. I usually do not stay at inns, but felt like a splurge and chose this one. The Inn is in a great location right by the bridge across the river to Portsmouth NH. I had a little trouble on arrival from the north but that was my fault for going too far on the roundabout. The entrance to the inn wasn't marked (or I missed it) and so I wandered a bit before going to the spa entrance. Lynn, the innkeeper, was there and she met me around at the inn entrance, which is just up the stone steps from the parking area. She made some dinner recommendations and showed me to my room.

I had booked the Alice room due to only being one person and it being the lowest priced room. It is located on the third floor and has a lovely view of Portsmouth. The bathroom does only have a tub with a hand-held shower, but wonderful toiletries! And the bed was so comfortable! The sheets were crisp and the pillows and comforter were down. I had a wonderful nights sleep.

Breakfast is served at 8:30 and everyone sits at the same table. I was the only one there right at 8:30 and was served first. There is a fruit course and a main course. We had honeyed plums and a caramel croissant bread pudding. I'm usually not a big breakfast eater, but this was delicious!

I had to head back to Boston for my flight home and asked Lynn for the best way. She was very helpful and pulled out map books to show me the route she recommended and some of the sights along the way.

I know there are cheaper places to stay in the Kittery/Portsmouth area, but the chain hotels would not have the charm and comforts of this inn.

Room Tip: Alice room is good for solo and great view!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo