“New management, great food best views”
Review of Captain and Patty's - CLOSED

Captain and Patty's
Price range: US$9 - US$22
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2014

AKA Cajun Lobster - still the best views on the Seacoast. Lobsters and clams perfectly prepared but don't forget to try the ribs, pulled pork and brisket. The Cajun food is marvelous. Great and friendly staff

1  Thank Alan A

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Monday July 21 2014.... the sign send Patio Open so we went there.....bright painted picnic tables looked very inviting but we're bar people so when we spied the small bar setup we sat there. Extremely nice server but for all those tables (by herself) she was set up to fail and when the cook(aka the owner) appeared he told her to "take 5 minutes" to call in some other server. The poor girl didn't have 5 seconds to pour sodas never mind 5 minutes!! I really wanted to pass out menus an drinks to the people that stayed and apologize to those that walked out.....The server was friendly,polite and very apologetic.... the owner /management on the other hand needs to get their act together So many places to spend my money on my one day off.....will be a very long time before I go back here

2  Thank Jeanne C
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Only outside dining was available, and the menu is all fried seafood except for a hamburger. We ordered a scallop and haddock basket with an order of onion rings to replace one of french frries.
After an hour we asked waitress when our food was coming? She went to kitchen and brought back our orders. Seafood was almost hot, french fries were almost cold. Onion rings had too much batter as did the seafood. Waitress was alone and only one in kitchen cooking.
Signs are saying there is a transition to CAJUN LOBSTER coming soon.
View is wonderful and waitress pleasant. Had to ask for utensils though, and condiments
Opening should have been delayed

3  Thank Marcia Mae
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I knew that they had been undergoing some changes in the kitchen and so while we were out exploring the neighborhood with friends I was glad to see them open. I am partial to fish sandwiches so I had the Fried Haddock. It was one of the best I have ever had! Really. The predominate taste was fish. Not bun, not batter, not sauce. Fish. That's the way it should be. The new chef is from the South and is doing barbecue and some in our party tried the pulled pork sandwiches. I got a sample of one of those and it is real southern pulled pork, not mush. And the chef came out and chatted with us and said we had to try the brisket. I cook brisket at home, and have never found brisket cooked properly here in New England. His is good, falling apart tender and moist. Cooked for 18 hours. To my taste the sauce is on the sweet side, but some like it that way. Next time I am going to ask for mine without sauce, Texas style.

It was a beautiful day and we were eating down by the water with beautiful views of the harbor and it was pretty busy but the staff managed to keep up, and were even cheerful about splitting the check in odd ways for a party of around nine.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We got of the I-95 towards Kittery and drove thru' the township C& P's appeared and we went out on the Decking . The food was retro 70's with food in a basket. Quick tasty and well priced.
They served Sam Adams beer , which is one of the better American brews. Nectar compared to Bud and Coors (Light?) Yuk .