“18 rears and counting”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lebanon
Flat Rock Bridge Family Camping
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We started camping here 1996, and have returned every year. We have seen many changes and improvements over the years. The pools and waterslide are clean and enjoyable,the new stage is awesome, bathrooms are clean, store is good, I my self love the river, as for the sites, we have stayed in at least 25 different sites, we have a large pop up and have never had any problems. This is camping, we like the rustic feeling and trees. The staff has always been friendly, accommodating and great with my kids, I feel very comfortable letting my children kids ages, 13 and 10, venture out to play. The one down fall I have is we miss the wagon ride. We hope to see it back again. We Will be going back next week.

have always been very accommodating, friendly, and helpful.

2  Thank Holly A
FlatRockBridge, General Manager at Flat Rock Bridge Family Camping, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thanks for the review !! We are so glad you enjoy our campground and what we do. The fact that you come back year after year is a testament to that. The older wagon rides were definitely showing their age and were becoming dangerous to use. We did a few during Christmas to see the lights, but not like the old ones. We will wagons to our wish list. Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This was our fifth trip to Flat Rock Bridge. Positives; pool and water slide clean. Not too crowded. Check-in was pleasant, both girls very helpful and personable. Store staff were friendly. Now on the less enjoyable side. You are typically asked the size of your camper, I have a 26' travel trailer. There were three families/friends that we reserved adjacent sites. To my right a pop up no issues. On my left two tents, no issues. I backed in to my site and had so many roots with an incline. When you would step out side you would stumble upon these. Tried to re-position a bit to my left and power would not reach, no spare cords available in office or store. We moved two sites down and now had no sewer which we paid for?? Also, had to obtain another water hose as the location of water was further away from the power vice-versa.
The original site I had no one checked into it. So we utilized this spot to have a circle of family and friends sitting around the campfire. We put out the fire before midnight and complied with the quiet time. This was for two nights. As each following morning we cleared our chairs if someone was checking in. On the third night we were told at around 8:30 - 9:00 PM to move to one of the other sites and put out our fire. I tried to explain that I was in this site originally and asked if they had rented this particular site? No just to get to one of the other sites as it was vacant??? Well our young kids were disappointed as were just about to make s'mores and tell stories. Pretty sure we were not bothering other campers as many around us were louder and we asked the next morning if some of them had spoken to the office concerning the "open site" which again was in the middle of our three families/friends.

We looked forward to another great camping opportunity especially with the lazy river and our memories will not be the same.

Room Tip: Insist on the size of your trailer will fit site!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Our computer does indicate that this family has a 26 foot trailer, and the original site he was put on, which was adjacent to other sites with his friends on them which he requested, does accommodate a 26 foot trailer. It does all the time. However, it also does have some roots on it, which since he did not like the roots, we moved him to a close by, available site. It was not directly adjacent to his friends though, and did not have a sewer hook-up (which was one thing he requested), but he liked it more and we gladly moved him. This family has camped here many times, and must enjoy what we do. If the campground was really only worthy of a 2 rating, I can't imagine going back. So the only issue they really had was that we would not allow them to use an open site, free of charge. I can't imagine many campgrounds, or any other type of business, would allow this. The fact that they were not caught on previous nights does not give them permission or make it OK. We do have a credit on his account for $6.40 for the sewer hook-up. We are so very glad that this family enjoys our campground and continues to return each year, bringing more folks with them each time. We hope to see them again next year.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We have been to this campground twice. I have a family of four and a pop up camper. The bathrooms were immaculate. The activities were plentiful, and the staff was on top of it all. Would go here again and again. Nice Job Guys!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Amanda L

Thanks for you review. We are so glad that you enjoy what we do. See you again soon !!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We've camped at Flat Rock a couple of different times and have always had such a wonderful experience. Each time we camped we were with several other families, all of us LOVE it here.

The bathrooms are being cleaned all day, throughout the day, the activities are fun, pools are very clean, hay rides are fun, staff has always been extremely friendly and helpful, the campground is nicely maintained and pretty. We loved tubing down the lazy river and getting soaked riding down the water slide.

I have suggested this campground to many friends and family members and look forward to going back again this year!

Keep up the fantastic work! :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Linspear

We love Flat Rock too. We will try hard to keep doing "fantastic." Hope to see you guys again soon.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We were very hesitant on staying here after reading some of the earlier reviews on here.So we booked Memorial day weekend with 2 adults and a 9 yr old.Even though it rained we enjoyed ourselves with plenty to do all weekend.So we booked 5 days over the 4th and Labor day weekend.The seasonal people are very friendly and don't snub you like some places and there is always something going on.Even though it rained all day Friday 7/4.We had more fun watching all the kids play in the big puddle in front of our site and had fun with other campers around us.
My only complaints are :1 I wish more sites had full hook-ups and 2: the rain cloud didn't follow us every weekend we have stayed this summer !

overall we are very happy we decided to stay here and plan on many more visits.The owners and staff are always pleasant !!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ernie B
FlatRockBridge, General Manager at Flat Rock Bridge Family Camping, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thanks for your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us, despite the rain. I wish we had a way to control the weather, but nobody can do that. We are able to control what goes on, and we don't let the rain stop us from having a great time. Saturday and Sunday turned out to be great days with the sun shining brightly. Hopefully you stayed and got to enjoy those two days, along with our parade and family carnival on Saturday. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I am very irritated over the no refund for my guest leaving 1 day early ! This makes absolutely no sense since they stayed in my camper which I am a seasonal and have already paid alot to stay anyway and it is not like she had a reservation and you would lose money from her leaving one day early . Plus the reason for her leaving wad to attend to her home which had flooding in basement from the storms . I don't get it at all as to why I could get my small deposit back it really adds to my frustration and an not happy and I know what the response will be to that ! Guess I will think twice about having any guest the rest if the season !

8  Thank micwanamak

It is a shame that this family chose to go directly to TripAdvisor in order to give us a bad review, instead of seeking out a manager to get a further explanation or a solution. Especially since this family is a seasonal family. It is our understanding that this guest stayed until 3pm. The $5 visitor fee in question which we charge visitors of our seasonals, covers only until noon each day. At 3:00 they had already used the fee for the day. If there is more to this, we are unaware as this guest did not come to us as managers, but went direct to TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We went to this campground this past weekend with another family. We were running a little late getting there around 530 pm (Our friends were already there). We just got our camper backed into our site when a young kid who turned out to be security informed us we were only allowed a single car on our site. We explained that we had just got there and would move the car after we unpacked. Ten minutes later I have a different kid repeating the same thing to us. I told him it would be gone in a couple minutes. Within 20 minutes the second car was gone and as I moved it I saw the first security kid staring at us. I thought this would be the last I saw of them. I was wrong.
I have a 15 year old daughter and at 10:15 she was walking back to our site from our friends that were two sites away. She had security with her and I was informed that kids were suppose to be on their own site or be with a adult. I said she was only two sites away. The kid was very rude and said it doesn't matter. My daughter was upset and my wife and I were not to happy with the rude kid.
At 10:55pm the same kid showed up telling us it was quiet time. I asked him if quiet time started at 10:55 and he told me his watch said 11:00. Now we are almost at a whisper while the people next to us are being very loud. This was our first night there.
Saturday night my daughter told me she saw the same security guy wherever she went. The same kid Told us twice to keep it down or we would have to put out our fire. While he spoke I could hear people laughing and almost screaming right up the street as we are still just above a whisper. We went to bed but were kept up by noise up the road. I took a walk around 12:30 pm to see what all the noise was and it was a card game. People must have had a few because it was loud enough for me to hear well down the street. It looked like a family that lived there. I guess they have different rules. We left Sunday and will NEVER go back!

4  Thank Dave H

It is a shame that you did not enjoy your stay. I am very surprised to hear your comments about the "rude" security man. We have had very few incidents this year at all, and have had many great comments about how they deal with folks. I wish I had been able to deal with this while you were here, as an employee being rude to you and allowing others to be loud is not acceptable. I apologize for that. I will mention this to my staff and find out more about this incident, but it is hard to do so when I do not know a name or site number to enquire about. Had you informed me about this while you were here, I could have dealt with it then. Unfortunately, you chose to say nothing while here, but to just anonymously give us a review of just a "1" because of a single employee. During your stay I am sure you enjoyed the pools, the nightly entertainment, the arcade, the restrooms, tubing on the river and other things. By giving us a "1" you are saying that every single thing in our campground, including cleanliness, value, location, and sites are all the worst you have ever seen. If you had an issue with the service you received from an employee, that seems to me to be a bad rating in just one category, service. We try hard to be sure families are able to enjoy their time here. Our pools are clean and safe, restrooms are cleaned three to five times a day, entertainment is top notch, and we try hard to have friendly, courteous employees. I am sure we did not fail in all of these areas as your review suggests.

Been to Flat Rock Bridge Family Camping? Share your experiences!