“Fun, Friendly Campground”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lebanon
Flat Rock Bridge Family Camping
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This was our first time camping here and we loved it. We went with family and had two sites next to each other. The sites were very muddy and wet so they moved us to two other sites in the seasonal area and even though they were very busy they didn't seem bothered at all to help make us happy. The seasonal people were all very friendly and helpful stopping by to talk to us and give us tips about the campground. The lazy river was the best, we had so much fun on it that we were going to do it again when we finished but we got thunderstorms. Myself and the kids loved the waterslide, even though the line for it was kind of long, but it was worth the wait. Other reviews I read said that they had trouble with the security staff, this was not the case at all, they were very friendly. The food in the store was a little pricey, and we really wanted a Flat Rock Bridge Campground sticker for our camper but they only had magnets. We only stayed two nights and did not want to leave, we definitely will be back next year and will stay a lot longer. What we liked most was that most of the activities for kids did not cost extra, we have been to plenty of campgrounds that charge you for every activity, adding up to a lot of money. The kids had so much fun at almost no extra cost.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Rob S

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We decided to go camping with some friends. Between us, we had two 9 year-olds, a 6 year-old, and a 4 year-old. The water slide was a huge hit. The kids exhausted themselves going up the hill and sliding down. Mini-golf, an arcade, and the craft barn filled the rest of the day. The kids were so wiped out we never even made it to the movies or the kickball field! The staff were very friendly. The only thing that could have made it better was the knowledge that there aren't cooking grates at the fire pits. We made it work with what we had but I will bring one next time. And we will definitely stay longer!!!

Room Tip: We were given a campsite near the bath house. Given the ages of our children, it was nice not to ha...
3  Thank Brande H
FlatRockBridge, General Manager at Flat Rock Bridge Family Camping, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thanks so much for the great review. We thank you for camping with us, and look forward to many more years of having summer fun together.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Cyr family ::This was our second time camping at Flat Rock. Last year we stayed two weeks this year we stayed three weeks. We will be looking into becoming seasonals next year. My family enjoys this place a lot. My seven year old will share that he loves the icecream in the store. So many fun activities and the new stage is great!! We had so many positive experiences with staff this year as they kept kids busy. My son has learned that he loves to play baseball and making snowman in the summer time!!! We have had positive experiences with all the staff. We like the fact that there are rules for families to follow it makes for a safer and more relaxing experience for parents to know that staff are on top of things. Toward the end of our trip my son was so sad that we had to pack up and leave. Thank you very much staff for helping my family have an enjoyable time. Watching my son sing for the first time on stage by himself ( sang a x-mas song) with "lets make a deal game") was awesome!! We will be coming back time and time again.

1  Thank elizabethc234

Wow !! You guys did it all while you were here. No wonder you had such a great time. I am with your son: the ice cream is also one of my favorite things. We look forward to seeing you all again soon. Thanks.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I reviewed Flat Rock last year when I visited for the first time now I feel like I need to review as a seasonal. I feel there has been some unfair reviews and want to say what this place is like from someone who has been there every day of this summer. We love Flat Rock. The staff is fantastic.. from the front desk, to store staff, counselors, security, maintenance and management. Not only has all the employees been courteous, but you can tell they all love where they work and what they do. From my experience everyone has gone above and beyond whenever I have had a concern.. Especially the front desk, Evan the manager and Teddy the grounds manager. The bathhouses are immaculate. I personally see the cleaning staff in and out of the bathrooms MULITPLE times a day cleaning. The pools are very clean and well maintained. The camp staff that man the slide are very attentive to the children and interact well with them. The activities are wonderful... the nightly shows, carnivals, pool parties, horseshoes, candy bar bingo, nightly movies, the lazy river, honestly too many to mention.. My children are never bored and crash when their head hits the pillow at night. I really appreciate the heavily enforced quiet time as a parent. No rowdy crowds or loud parties. That is a huge plus for me. Also, having the security walking the campgrounds at night gives me extra piece of mind. They do an amazing job keeping the campgrounds safe and QUIET at night. We had never camped a day in our life until we visited last year and chose to become seasonal a few weeks later. We loved it that much. I was not asked to do this review but felt the need to let people know what this campground and staff is really like from someone who witnesses it every day. If you have a family, this is the place for you. If you want to party until the wee hours of the morning, you will want to choose another campground. Hope to see you there!

2  Thank Alecia S

Thanks so much for the review. We strive to be a great place for families, and you stated that very eloquently. Thanks for camping with us!!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We started camping here 1996, and have returned every year. We have seen many changes and improvements over the years. The pools and waterslide are clean and enjoyable,the new stage is awesome, bathrooms are clean, store is good, I my self love the river, as for the sites, we have stayed in at least 25 different sites, we have a large pop up and have never had any problems. This is camping, we like the rustic feeling and trees. The staff has always been friendly, accommodating and great with my kids, I feel very comfortable letting my children kids ages, 13 and 10, venture out to play. The one down fall I have is we miss the wagon ride. We hope to see it back again. We Will be going back next week.

have always been very accommodating, friendly, and helpful.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Holly A
FlatRockBridge, General Manager at Flat Rock Bridge Family Camping, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thanks for the review !! We are so glad you enjoy our campground and what we do. The fact that you come back year after year is a testament to that. The older wagon rides were definitely showing their age and were becoming dangerous to use. We did a few during Christmas to see the lights, but not like the old ones. We will wagons to our wish list. Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This was our fifth trip to Flat Rock Bridge. Positives; pool and water slide clean. Not too crowded. Check-in was pleasant, both girls very helpful and personable. Store staff were friendly. Now on the less enjoyable side. You are typically asked the size of your camper, I have a 26' travel trailer. There were three families/friends that we reserved adjacent sites. To my right a pop up no issues. On my left two tents, no issues. I backed in to my site and had so many roots with an incline. When you would step out side you would stumble upon these. Tried to re-position a bit to my left and power would not reach, no spare cords available in office or store. We moved two sites down and now had no sewer which we paid for?? Also, had to obtain another water hose as the location of water was further away from the power vice-versa.
The original site I had no one checked into it. So we utilized this spot to have a circle of family and friends sitting around the campfire. We put out the fire before midnight and complied with the quiet time. This was for two nights. As each following morning we cleared our chairs if someone was checking in. On the third night we were told at around 8:30 - 9:00 PM to move to one of the other sites and put out our fire. I tried to explain that I was in this site originally and asked if they had rented this particular site? No just to get to one of the other sites as it was vacant??? Well our young kids were disappointed as were just about to make s'mores and tell stories. Pretty sure we were not bothering other campers as many around us were louder and we asked the next morning if some of them had spoken to the office concerning the "open site" which again was in the middle of our three families/friends.

We looked forward to another great camping opportunity especially with the lazy river and our memories will not be the same.

Room Tip: Insist on the size of your trailer will fit site!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Our computer does indicate that this family has a 26 foot trailer, and the original site he was put on, which was adjacent to other sites with his friends on them which he requested, does accommodate a 26 foot trailer. It does all the time. However, it also does have some roots on it, which since he did not like the roots, we moved him to a close by, available site. It was not directly adjacent to his friends though, and did not have a sewer hook-up (which was one thing he requested), but he liked it more and we gladly moved him. This family has camped here many times, and must enjoy what we do. If the campground was really only worthy of a 2 rating, I can't imagine going back. So the only issue they really had was that we would not allow them to use an open site, free of charge. I can't imagine many campgrounds, or any other type of business, would allow this. The fact that they were not caught on previous nights does not give them permission or make it OK. We do have a credit on his account for $6.40 for the sewer hook-up. We are so very glad that this family enjoys our campground and continues to return each year, bringing more folks with them each time. We hope to see them again next year.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We have been to this campground twice. I have a family of four and a pop up camper. The bathrooms were immaculate. The activities were plentiful, and the staff was on top of it all. Would go here again and again. Nice Job Guys!

1  Thank Amanda L

Thanks for you review. We are so glad that you enjoy what we do. See you again soon !!

Been to Flat Rock Bridge Family Camping? Share your experiences!