“Pretty darn good for LA”
Review of Fuel Restaurant

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main (202)
Reviewed 2 March 2014

The average twin cities restaurant features a menu with pictures of the dishes (as a favor to the fine diners who struggle to sound out "meatloaf") - but Fuel is exceptional. I had the short ribs and the little woman opted for the mac & cheese. Two thumbs up. We'll prepared and nice sized (as in not miniature) portions. Our server did a great job of handling our party of ten.

Overall a pleasant dining experience. As good as some of the finer spots in Portland.

Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Yes,,You -Should Stop here!
This Restaurant obviously respects food.

French influenced,Flawless execution of all food.I saw some great plates rocking out those kitchen doors!

Take a tour of the art gallery and your in for a nice time.

Recommended> Yes!

Reviewed 9 December 2013

I heard so many good things about Fuel that I thought it would be the perfect place to take some friends last Tuesday night. Unfortunately, the food was overcooked and cold. I wanted to send back the filets, but did not want to place my guests in that tense, uncomfortable situation because we were there for a special occasion. I did, however, write Executive Chef Mr. Oliver immediately after my visit, but never received the courtesy of a response.
Too bad it turned out the way it did, but I'll take my business someplace else.

5  Thank PjLbear
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Went to Fuel last Saturday night to celebrate our wedding anniversary. As we live out in the boonies, it is alwasys good to go to town for a fun evening and something different. Only a 30 minute drive. Our second time to fuel. Made reservations via Open Table and had no problems being seated on time. Onion soup was good but not very hot, like it had been sitting for awhile, s he had a salad so it should not have waited. Had the short ribs. Would have liked to know that they included cooked spinach, especially since I detest cooked spinach and tends to make me gag. Had their Mac and cheese with it, which seemed to be cold and I had to use a knife to cut it as it was one bid solidified globe, albeit in a separate side dish. Desert was o'k but nothing to comment on. Room is noisy and has poor acoustics making it hard to have a conversation without the tables over hearing it as you listen to them. Service was very good. Going to Fish Bones or Da Vinci's next time

Reviewed 31 October 2013

The food was excellent and a fair value. Especially enjoyed the hanger steak and the salmon. The restaurant is noisy.