“The 1st time was awesome, 2nd was awful.”
Review of Fuel Restaurant

Fuel Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 104 Restaurants in Lewiston
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: French, American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main (202)
New England, North Dakota
“The 1st time was awesome, 2nd was awful.”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The first time I went here, a few years ago, I loved it. The atmosphere, the unique table setting, the food was super, the way it was served was fun, the food was also fresh and local. I recommended it to everyone.

The second time was about a month ago. It was a Tuesday night (maybe that had something to do with it?) I got salmon, a vegetable and rice, or risotto. All three items tasted like nothing but salt. It was gross. Apparently the cook thought salt enhanced the taste? It did not. I felt like I had ordered a salty cow lick. I probably should have said something, but I wasn't sure how anyone would react so I didn't. I was really surprised and disappointed that I had brought a guest in also. After that experience and paying the price we paid, I will not return. The food has gone way downhill, especially at those prices and in this area.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Twokidsonedog

Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA
“French in Lewiston”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a french restaurant and normally would not be at the top of my list to try but it should be on yours.
They have other offerings if you do not prefer frogs legs and escargots.
We had an incredible meal with outstanding service. We were a party of 13 and waited for nothing.
My short ribs were delicious , I was told the frogs legs and escargots were too.
Their bread is served warm with bits of carmelized onion that I could make a meal out of.
My nephew and others enjoyed the fondue which I tried and now I am hooked.
The wine list is extensive and the pricing was quite fair.
Overall there was not one murmur or complaint and this was a table of complainers!!!
Well done FUEL!!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Weedge
Gorham, Maine
“Portland Restaurants take notice.”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I recently celebrated a birthday with our son and future daughter in law. They live in the LA area and chose Fuel for dinner on a Friday night. We typically dine in Portland and did not think a place in LA could compete. We were wrong. We did have reservations and were seated promptly upon arrival. We are big fans of Cold River Vodka, which is a locally made potato vodka. We started with a round of Cold River Blueberry martinis to accompany our shared cheese fondue. We had not had fondue at a restaurant since dining in Old Quebec years ago. It was very tasty. My wife had the hanger steak, I had the Braised pork shank, my son had the steak au poive and the birthday girl had the lobster Mac and cheese. Our meals were well prepared and the timing and presentation were perfect. We did not have room for dessert. The meals were priced like a high end Portland Restaurant. If I had a complaint, it would be that the main dining room was very loud. It was difficult to carry on a quiet conversation, but we managed and had a very nice evening. We were impressed and would recommend Fuel.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank cornbread35
Lewiston, Maine, United States
“Extremely knowledgeable staff, excellent cuisine.”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The staff really knows their stuff. From their extensive wine list to the flavor profiles in the dinner entrees. The food is always spot on and the atmosphere is 'sexy comfortable'. Drop in for dinner or drinks, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited April 2014
Lewiston, Maine
“New York, Maine”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

From the moment you walk through the door,you feel the ambience of a cozy, sleek, New York restaurant. The candlelight, the colors, the artwork combine to create a romantic atmosphere. The food has a French flair that is very enjoyable. My only criticism is that their delicious frog legs have been off the menu and I would love to have them back.The martinis are yummy, too! You can't go wrong and it is a romantic place foran anniversary dinner.

• Visited February 2014