“There are m ny better places in LA”
Review of Pedro O'Hara's

Pedro O'Hara's
Ranked #45 of 110 Restaurants in Lewiston
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Irish, Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Description: If you haven't visited Pedro's yet, you don't know what fun you're missing! The stuff of legends, Pedro O'Hara's can spin many tales, but it's the mix of American, Mexican, and Irish cuisines that makes it unique. Open daily starting at 11:30, the kitchen dishes up something for every taste, whether you're craving New England clam chowder, tequila lime chicken, a chimichanga, bangers and mash, shepherd's pie, or Murphy's lamb tip sandwich. The bar is well stocked with spirits, draft beers, and other libations that are just as good on their own as they are with a bite to eat. The ambiance has a traditional pub-style feel, complete with bar seating, televisions for sports events, and that Mexican-Irish influence that is the cornerstone of Pedro O'Hara's.
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We need up here as most of he other local places were full. Questionable right from the start. We had 5 plus Baby and the host wanted to put us at a table for 4 even thought here was a free table for 6. Service was poor, took a while to get ordered nd idn't stop in to see how things were. Though she was pleasant enough I have had MUCH better service. I ordered the fish tacos. The fish was very fish nd a mushy rather than firm texture. The beans were just OK, the rice was just fair. No one else really complained about their meal, but my husband had Mac and cheese and said it was just fair. The sweet potato fries my daughter had were very crispy, many would say they were overcooked but she said they were just OK. My son had the 3 Amigos. I will say the steak he had was tender and flavorful, should be for the price. The shrimp he said was good, but the chicken was rather over cooked. There was live music in the other room and he was pretty good,but there are so many other good places in Lewiston Auburn that I won't be returning in a long time.

2  Thank Cyndy P

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I had the Haddock and Chips: It was cold and greasy. Went again--I am always ok with giving a restaurant another chance. The Haddock and Chips was hot but dripping with grease. And the grease tasted "old." Makes me wonder how often the clean the fry-o-later and changes the fat/oil. Which begs the question: How sanitary is the kitchen. It appears that they attempt to compensate for the poor quality food with quantity. Very slow to seat us, plenty of tables available just no staff to clean them off and seat us. The owner just sits around and doesn't seem to care to help out when tables need to be cleared. Seems that staff turnover in the one consistent thing here. Gave another chance. Won’t be back again.Just a note about outside dining: The tables are on a deck that overlooks and dirty parking lot.

6  Thank Dr_JR2011
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We checked out the taco buffet for lunch the other day. I had no idea that they offered this service for lunch. It was quite good. The wait staff was attentive, and the food was fresh. The buffet selection was small, but adequate for a decent lunch. We would definitely good there again.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Nice place to have a quiet meal. I had the Gringo burger - very good choice I might add.

The steak fries with cheese were a very nice unexpected treat, as most places don't serve big, tasty fries anymore.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

We only went because wait times were long else where and we were hungry. So we thought we would give it a shot. The one in Brunswick is not to bad at all so I thought it would be decent. I was so very wrong. We should have walked out from the get go. But, you know how your just at the point of you want to just want to sit, get drinks and eat. The whole place was full of smoke I am assuming from some burned food or grease fire. The two people ahead of us were seated with in a minute of us getting in. The guy said I will be right back to seat you. He never came back. I really wanted to go at this point but, my fiance wanted a beer so we waited. Like five minutes later the manager came out. He looked at the booths that were free but, not bused and said hold on I will have to clear a table for you. I will be right back. He wipped down the table and then went off in the kitchen and didn't come back. A few minutes later he came back and pointed at the table and said you can go over there and have a seat. I was not impressed. It was a place where they seat you not seat yourself. WOW...... Anyways we sat down at a table with no napkins or silverware. The waiter finally came to take our drink order 10 or so minutes later. We ordered a beer and a bloody mary. I also asked for a water. It was like 15 minutes later he said sorry the bar tender hasn't even gotten your drinks yet. So another 10 minutes later we finally get them. I asked for a water again. Still no chips and salsa like they give or napkins. The onions rings we ordered we thought would be good because they said they were hand cut, Yeah they sucked and were practically burnt. Before we even got drinks we were talking about just leaving but, we didn't. I regret that. As we are waiting on food. These two girls came up an stood at the table behind us. They were in shocked to because the were not seated and the table was not bussed. I told them how bad things were going and how it took us almost a half hour to get drinks. They ended up clearing the table themselves. The waiter eventually came to there table. He didn't even say sorry for the wait and how they cleaned off the table. They shouldn't of had to do that. He didn't even wipe the table down for them. It was dirty from the party of 6 before them. We got our food finally. We had to ask him for napkins and sliverware and agian I had to ask for the water. Food was bad. My fiance ordered another beer. Took another 15 minutes to get it. I will never ever go back there agian. Even though the Brunswick one is not to bad I won't even go to that location after that experience. I would give a 0

5  Thank Wicked82