“Worst Sundy Brunch EVER - I would rate it a negative if possible!”
Review of Pedro O'Hara's

Pedro O'Hara's
Ranked #43 of 109 Restaurants in Lewiston
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Irish, Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Description: If you haven't visited Pedro's yet, you don't know what fun you're missing! The stuff of legends, Pedro O'Hara's can spin many tales, but it's the mix of American, Mexican, and Irish cuisines that makes it unique. Open daily starting at 11:30, the kitchen dishes up something for every taste, whether you're craving New England clam chowder, tequila lime chicken, a chimichanga, bangers and mash, shepherd's pie, or Murphy's lamb tip sandwich. The bar is well stocked with spirits, draft beers, and other libations that are just as good on their own as they are with a bite to eat. The ambiance has a traditional pub-style feel, complete with bar seating, televisions for sports events, and that Mexican-Irish influence that is the cornerstone of Pedro O'Hara's.
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I love Sunday Brunch. I will give almost any establishment a shot at it... Pedro O'Hara's FAILED. I can't believe I paid $9.99 for the most repulsive excuse for a Brunch Buffet I have ever seen or had the displeasure of tasting. My boyfriend and I have been sick all day from eating here. Honestly, I should have just walked out. I had high expectations of Irish Bangers & Eggs or a Make-Your-Own Breakfast Burrito with Fresh Pico de Gallo ... but there was NOTHING of the sort.
I've had more options at a hotel with a continental breakfast! Over-cooked & over-seasoned cold scrambled eggs (possibly powdered eggs), greasy mealy lukewarm potatoes, frozen/fried breakfast sausage that were probably cooked yesterday with how dry and shriveled they were, bacon so tough you couldn't cut through it with a knife never mind bite through it, french-toast that was slimy from the steam-table, canned fruit mix, frozen/thawed pastries (hands down the best option since it required zero preparation beyond thawing) and 5oz. canned no-name fruit juices.
Yes, you read that correctly 7 items not including the juice. The ketchup at the table tasted almost moldy and the coffee... don't even get me started on the repulsiveness... not only was the coffee not included in the "Bargain Brunch Price of $9.99" -- but the $1.50/cup of joe was some of the worst I have ever had... after 6 sugars and 3 creamers I was still only able to choke down 1/3rd of it. How do you screw up COFFEE?

The only redeeming feature of the entire establishment... would be it's wait staff. The ONE young lady working that shift was pleasant and attentive, as was her trainee. She knew she was hawking terrible food, but did her best to take care of us.

Honestly, they must sell a LOT OF BEER because the crap food in this place isn't keeping it afloat! Such a loss for such a prime location.

2  Thank ML617

Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

I'm Irish and Mexican, and wanted to see how they could combine the 2. It's was great! Went 2 days in a row. Fish tacos were huge, fish quesadillas were fantastic, then the 2nd day I had a lobster roll for $13.99. Irish & Spanish beers on tap. Service was great too!

Reviewed 12 May 2013

We need up here as most of he other local places were full. Questionable right from the start. We had 5 plus Baby and the host wanted to put us at a table for 4 even thought here was a free table for 6. Service was poor, took a while to get ordered nd idn't stop in to see how things were. Though she was pleasant enough I have had MUCH better service. I ordered the fish tacos. The fish was very fish nd a mushy rather than firm texture. The beans were just OK, the rice was just fair. No one else really complained about their meal, but my husband had Mac and cheese and said it was just fair. The sweet potato fries my daughter had were very crispy, many would say they were overcooked but she said they were just OK. My son had the 3 Amigos. I will say the steak he had was tender and flavorful, should be for the price. The shrimp he said was good, but the chicken was rather over cooked. There was live music in the other room and he was pretty good,but there are so many other good places in Lewiston Auburn that I won't be returning in a long time.

2  Thank Cyndy P
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I had the Haddock and Chips: It was cold and greasy. Went again--I am always ok with giving a restaurant another chance. The Haddock and Chips was hot but dripping with grease. And the grease tasted "old." Makes me wonder how often the clean the fry-o-later and changes the fat/oil. Which begs the question: How sanitary is the kitchen. It appears that they attempt to compensate for the poor quality food with quantity. Very slow to seat us, plenty of tables available just no staff to clean them off and seat us. The owner just sits around and doesn't seem to care to help out when tables need to be cleared. Seems that staff turnover in the one consistent thing here. Gave another chance. Won’t be back again.Just a note about outside dining: The tables are on a deck that overlooks and dirty parking lot.

6  Thank Dr_JR2011
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We checked out the taco buffet for lunch the other day. I had no idea that they offered this service for lunch. It was quite good. The wait staff was attentive, and the food was fresh. The buffet selection was small, but adequate for a decent lunch. We would definitely good there again.

Been to Pedro O'Hara's? Share your experiences!