“Friendly ppl and great location to Endfield, Howland, & places up North.”

Lincoln House Motel
Lincoln House Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 7 April 2013

My husband and I had a great time on our mini vacation. We stayed our last night in Lincoln and was glad we found this motel. We will be staying here again in the near future.I have family up there in that neck of the woods and never new of this motel. They are near all the stores and in walking distance from Timberlog Restarunt, Lincoln House of Pizza and many other small stores and food places.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Decsag73

Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

This is a good hotel in my hometown.. my husband and I stay here several times a year when we go home.. the owners are very nice people and are well accommodating with extra amenities. For what it is, its a great price. Plus the Chinese restaurant across the street has the best food and good drinks!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank NNiNikNikkNikkiNikki ccocolcolocolon
Reviewed 3 December 2011

If you’re doing a leaf peeping trip and plan to stay overnight in Lincoln, Maine - book your room well in advance. There are three motels in Lincoln – The Briarwood Inn, The Lincoln House Motel and the Thomas Motel. My brother-in-law recommended the motels in that order. He would avoid the Thomas Motel due to its reputation and cleanliness. We called the day of our arrival into Lincoln, unaware it was moose hunting season and The Briarwood was booked solid for the week. We were able to get a “Suite” at The Lincoln House Motel which wasn’t too “sweet”. The “Suites” are not located at the motel which wasn’t explained when I booked it. Upon checking in, we were handed the key and given directions to our “Suite” which surprised us. After a wrong turn and a phone call back to the Motel, we found the place and we realized we were in trouble. It was an old two-story house and the parking area had beer cans strewn around. We had to give a hefty shove on the side porch door to open it and the entrance had “Suites A and B” and a staircase to “Suites C and D”. We noticed a rather musty smell coming from the open door to the basement. The partially carpeted staircase to the second floor was quite dirty but, once we arrived in our “Suite”, I can honestly say the place was very clean considering the age of the house. However, the furniture was old, the kitchen was dated, the bathroom was very clean, towels were white, there was shampoo, soap, etc. but old fixtures. The bedroom had a bed, a ratty dresser with the TV on top, shabby drapes, dirty windows but the sheets were clean. The TV remote didn’t work and the on/off button on the TV was missing so my husband took the key and pushed it into the hole. Wha- la, we had reception. We still weren’t happy with the smell but we had no other option other than drive back to Bangor (50 miles away). We laid across the bed and slept for 3 hrs. My husband woke me up stating the musty smell was getting to him and he couldn’t breathe. So we packed up, left the key on the table and drove back to Bangor around midnight. I left a voice mail message to the Lincoln House that we left and would call again. In the morning, I left another voice mail message and asked if we could be partially reimbursed since we stayed only 3 hours but did lay on the bed and use a towel. We never received a return call.
Once, I received my credit card statement I noticed we were fully charged for the “Suite”. I called to talk the owner and she was very defensive but, after speaking awhile about the situation, she explained the smell was from the paper mill. She said the odor could smell like mold, rotten eggs or some other putrid odor. But I explained the smell was coming from the basement and we didn’t notice any of those smells outside. She stated she couldn’t do anything about the smell since these “suites” are located close to the paper mill, and the odor permeates into everything even when the mill is shutdown. She said we‘d still be charged for the room since we used the bed and a hand towel. I was pleasant and thanked her for the explanation. I must mention that The Lincoln House Motel proper looked nice on the outside and judging from the “suites” bathroom, I’m sure the motel rooms are clean. My best advice: book early, know when it’s hunting season, question where “suites” are located and enter at your own risk. We did enjoy the little town of Lincoln and the surrounding areas. Best food is at the Gillmor’s Family Restaurant – very good down home cooking.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank happytrails15238
Reviewed 23 August 2010

I stayed at the Lincoln House Motel with a friend and found the room to be very clean. I only stayed there one night and the person who checked us in was very nice. I had hoped for Internet connectivity but it seems it does not reach to the rooms. I stayed in a room close to the office and could only get Internet unless I stood outside the office. I did not feel like standing there to get the Internet and their connection was unsecure anyway, so I went without that night. The only other drawback was the bathroom, it was on an angle so the door did not open right and it was very small but it was definitely clean.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank taiyab3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincoln
Whitetail Inn
#2 of 5 in Millinocket
Pamola Motor Lodge
Pamola Motor Lodge
#4 of 5 in Millinocket

Been to Lincoln House Motel? Share your experiences!