“A Great Inn with a Great Staff”

Inn at Sunrise Point
Ranked #4 of 9 Lincolnville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We visited the Inn at Sunrise Point on the advice of friends. We could not have been more pleased! Our second floor room in the main building had wonderful views of the ocean which was about100 feet away. We had a private balcony on which we had coffee in the morning and wine in the late afternoon. We read on chairs in the lawn. Had complementary tea and pastry on the front porch in the afternoons. The breakfast chef served delicious egg recipes and, of course, Maine blueberry pancakes (it would be hard to describe how good the breakfasts are -- one guest risked missing her flight home to make sure she had one last breakfast at the Inn).

The staff was incredibly helpful and informed. They were knowledgeable about all of the local sites, restaurants, and events. They were accommodating to special requests. They were able and willing to make reservations at local venues. Our rooms were cleaned when we went to breakfast and our beds were turned down when we cam home from dinner. Every detail was executed to perfection.

The property is stunning and well kept.

I recommend Inn as Sunrise Point highly. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: We liked the main building. Balconies overlooking the water had breathtaking views.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paul M

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I can not say enough about this lovely property on the water. If you want to slow down and really relax this place fits the bill. The staff is friendly and very professional. The owner and her assistant innkeepers were perfect. The breakfasts were amazing. The afternoon snacks were noteworthy. Very convenient to Camden and many activities.

Room Tip: Friends stayed in main house and loved their balcony and room. Our cottage was better but much more...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lynn B
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I can't say enough about this beautiful Inn. Although it's been awhile since we've been there (fall 2013, I think), it has been the "standard" for the B&B's and Inns we visit. Beautiful location, beautiful room, scrumptious breakfast in the conservatory. Treats throughout the day…I could have eaten those cookies all day long. This Inn may cost a little more than other places but it is definitely worth it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Holly S
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This was out second visit in under a year, once last fall (October 2013) and again now in July 2014. Both visits were outstanding. The inn has a remote feel, off the main road, down a half-mile dirt road through tall trees, until you reach it. Once there, it is a relaxing inn with nearly every need covered. Both visits we stayed the cottages which sit on the back lawn directly on the ocean. Both rooms had fireplaces (one was gas, one was wood burning). The breakfasts are pleasant. The staff is very helpful with suggestions. We arrived on my birthday to find a bottle of champagne and a cheese/fruit plate in the room. Sitting on the back lawn in the chairs, enjoying the breeze and view, is wonderful. We sat out early in the morning and watched the sun slowly rising in a bright blue sky. We even sat there another blustery and lightly sprinkling afternoon and watched the dark storms move in, and the waves churned below. As for location, the inn is only a few minutes from Camden and Rockport and the many fine dinner restaurants there (although - warning - we did note the local police having a nighttime speed trap set one dark night between the inn and Camden). We would definitely return again.

Room Tip: If it is in your price range, try to get one of the three cottages/rooms that sit right out on the e...
1  Thank Ron G
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Once in a while you simply have to get away from 'big corporate' accommodations and try something completely different. Enter the Inn at Sunrise Point, Lincolnville, Maine. Situated nicely off the beaten track, the Inn is nestled in a secluded spot right off Route 1, between Camden and Lincolnville. The Inn is owner managed and it shows. Near-spotless accommodations range from rooms in the main property to cozy cottages, adjacent to the beachfront. (Note the beachfront is made up of craggy rocks, so might be difficult for walks). Our cottage had a gas fire and we were told many cottages have similar features. Breakfast is served daily in the Inn's conservatory by a server crew who really know how to spoil their guests. On our visit, every day the Chef prepared something different. We stayed three days and enjoyed French toast, scrambled and poached eggs, sliced ham, sausage etc. There is a complete selection of cereal, toast, muffins, juice, tea and coffee etc. Like most B and B's, the Inn does not serve lunch or dinner although there is always a good selection of snacks available. The Inn gladly made recommendations for dinner and booked us a table. As other reviewers have noted, there is a beautiful library with a log (gas) fire. An honor bar with a good, well thought out selection of wines, spirits and beer compliments the library and it's over sized comfy chairs. I have to say that the Inn was the perfect place to decompress after a grueling work and travel schedule this year. I found the Inn at Sunrise Point a welcome respite from the usual hotel accommodations I typically stay at. However, if you are looking for room service such as breakfast served in your room, laundry and other four or five star hotel type features, you will not find it here. What you will find is peace, tranquility and an opportunity to sit on the comfy adirondack chairs, watch the sea and the occasional lobsterman tending his pots. A truly beautiful spot and probably one of the best accommodations I've ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Call the Inn if you want a cottage or room overlooking the ocean. Most of them do, but to be on the...
4  Thank JeremyPF
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is my third visit to the Inn at Sunrise Point and there have been some changes-all for the good and it frankly was amazing that my experience could be any better than my prior visits. During my first two visits, I stayed in the Wyeth Loft which I love but the Inn just opened up 3 new rooms this year so I stayed in the Thaxter Loft this July. A spacious, luxurious room with a view of the water and an amazing painting of irises that greeted me every morning as I woke from a terrific sleep. Same great bathtub as the Wyeth, private balcony and a fireplace to take the nip out of the air on chilly evenings. Staff continues to delight with their recommendations of restaurants, gallerys, and adventures in the surrounding area. I had one of best massages of my life and I consider myself somewhat of a connoisseur in this department and was delighted by the many gluten free options now on the menu for breakfast and the daily afternoon snacks. This would be the most wonderful romantic get away but is also very comfortable for those of us who travel solo. I traveled throughout Maine this trip from Kennebunkport to Portland to Belfast and my only regret is that I did not have more time at this spectacular B&B. It is a slice of heaven on earth!

Room Tip: No bad rooms, just different. Pick what is most appealing to you from the cottages by the water, 2nd...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Carol S
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Awesome Inn right on the water , nicely landscaped , wonderful Breakfast and A really cool feature , is the honor bar in the library pour your own drinks and write down what you had with your room number , very cool ! Dianna (owner) and staff were great ! very nice porch to sit on and watch the Ocean. Everything they said about this place was all true , can't wait to go back . Stayed in the E.B. white room on my 50TH birthday , really is something to remember !

1  Thank john D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincolnville
Grand Harbor Inn
250 Main Hotel
#2 of 3 in Rockland
Samoset Resort On The Ocean
The Lodge at Camden Hills

Been to Inn at Sunrise Point? Share your experiences!