My husband and I have stayed at the Inn at Sunrise Point for six years and were very satisfied; but with new ownership in early '08, we've been surprised with details and improvements that continue to make our stay even better. The new owner, Daina Hill was an extensive traveler herself (predominantly work-related, and other interesting trips we found) and it is clear that she has taken pains to make the Inn feel like a combination spa, 5-star hotel and private ocean cottage. This is not your quintessential Victorian B&B so don’t book with that in mind. It's luxurious, but so close to the ocean that it encourages a more casual and relaxing atmosphere. Daina’s attention to detail, and focus on service had us scheduling a year in advance to make sure that we have our week on the ocean in ’10.
Mimi's breakfasts are always a treat, but this year we tested her flexibility with some recent restrictions on my husband's diet. (I had actually forgotten to call ahead.) She didn’t miss a beat, and came up with some really great daily substitutes without losing any flavor! (She and Bonnie are also great local sources for information on places to go, and things to see.)
The rooms are now cleaned by an 'invisible' but meticulous housekeeping staff - they managed to clean our room every morning while we ate breakfast; from cleaning, making the bed, and replacing towels and sundries… to resetting the fireplace, cleaning wine glasses and cheese plates. (They even cleaned our picnic backpack stuff!)
We've stayed at the Inn during both May and August for at least a week each time and the down bedding, the fireplace and the jacuzzi fend off the cool (sometimes cold) ocean air, and make you feel like you’re at a high-end hotel at the same time.
A lot of the guests that we met said that they chose Camden because it makes a great Midcoast ‘home base’ for traveling any direction. The Inn is a great Camden home base; check out the website first – what you see is what you get!
We wouldn't stay anywhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover our romantic mid-coast Maine lodging offering a secluded waterfront hideaway with breathtaking waterviews, minutes from nearby Camden. Relax in comfortable rooms and romantic cottages at our Camden bed & breakfast, with private decks, fireplaces,AC, flat-screen TVs & Wi-Fi. Enjoy the delicious gourmet breakfast, book a soothing in-room or spa massage, or relax by the water with the best view of any Camden, ME hotel. Experience the Inn at Sunrise Point, a Select Registry and 4-Diamond luxury Maine bed and breakfast with unforgettable service and a beautiful natural setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Inn at Sunrise Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At Sunrise Point Hotel Lincolnville
- Inn At Sunrise Point Maine/Lincolnville