We happened upon the Inn at Sunrise Point after an exhaustive search along the Maine coast for an elegant hotel. Summer vacationing in popular areas is not usually a good idea and there was little to choose from in Kennebunkport and Ogunquit. We hadn't heard of Camden. The reviews of this inn were exceedingly positive so we decided to book it.
From the moment we arrived everything was outstanding. The staff was professional, accommodating and congenial. The owner dedicated suites and cottages to famous local talents, (including Richard Russo and Rachel Carson) and we stayed in the Wyeth Loft. As other guests noted our room was absolutely perfect - vaulted ceilings, furniture, linens, dark wood floors, beautiful windows, fully stocked 'coffee bar', and everything you would want as far as media/technology. The large, airy bathroom deserves special attention - all-tiled steam shower, gorgeous new 'retro' tub and every amenity one would need. Towels and products were replaced twice daily, and turn-down service included water and chocolate. No detail was unattended.
Breakfasts were prepared fresh, delicious and inventive; they were presented artfully. There was coffee, tea, sweet and savoury midday refreshments fully stocked and kept complete. Guests are invited to enjoy the lovely porches, outdoors and inside and the fireplace room with bar.
We loved Camden, a 5 minute drive. It's a village but has wonderful stores and cafes. We had pizza at 'Paolina's which gathered vegetables from its organic garden.
Waking up in the Wyeth Loft was possibly the best experience we've ever had . . . anywhere! Thanks to the owner and staff for an exquisite inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover our romantic mid-coast Maine lodging offering a secluded waterfront hideaway with breathtaking waterviews, minutes from nearby Camden. Relax in comfortable rooms and romantic cottages at our Camden bed & breakfast, with private decks, fireplaces,AC, flat-screen TVs & Wi-Fi. Enjoy the delicious gourmet breakfast, book a soothing in-room or spa massage, or relax by the water with the best view of any Camden, ME hotel. Experience the Inn at Sunrise Point, a Select Registry and 4-Diamond luxury Maine bed and breakfast with unforgettable service and a beautiful natural setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Inn at Sunrise Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At Sunrise Point Hotel Lincolnville
- Inn At Sunrise Point Maine/Lincolnville