“Charm and Character”
Review of Mount Battie Motel

Mount Battie Motel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Lincolnville
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We came for an overdue husband and wife vacation and left having made friends with both owners and guests. Charming accommodations and delicious breakfasts. How many places have you stayed at that you know the owners by name? Trust me, it matters and it counts. They won't steer you wrong on sites and activities to do as well. They'll even make the arrangements for you! Thank you Ed and Christine for everything! Chad and Michele, Nj

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Mount Battie Motel

Reviewed 24 September 2013

We enjoyed our stay. It was nice and clean, comfortable, and centrally located between Camden & Belfast areas. The owners were pleasant and willing to help with recommendations on places to visit and good area restaurants.
Although the showers were dated there was plenty of hot water.
Nice continental breakfast in the morning.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Family stayed for two nights this past weekend (9/20-22), the rooms (we had two) were very clean and nicely appointed. Being from Maine, we've stayed in other locations over the years and found Mount Battie Motel a place we would return to stay at again. The Innkeepers were very helpful to your needs or recommendations for a place to eat or to do!

Reviewed 20 September 2013

We enjoyed our stay at mount Battie. The rooms are nicely decorated and extremely clean. The owners were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was quite good and the ovation is central with lots of interesting sights and restaurants nearby. The showers were quite old and difficult to use but otherwise we enjoyed our stay.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

An amazing weekend in maine came to a hault as im driving thru flash rain thunder lighting and fog so thick you couldnt see and the inn keeper calls to yell at me about having not check in yet.

Yes it was late midnight to be exact but when I made the reservations on a popular website my email (which I have read and reread) stated reservations made and confirmed no need to contact the hotel. So I went about my day not planning on checking in late but mother nature had another thing in mind. It was my first time in the area so when the weather got bad my speed was reduced to a crawl.

Then the phone call came demading where was I? Had I no respect? Who exactly do I think I am? So on and so forth, not a I see the weather is bad just wanted to make sure you were finding your way any other greeting would have sufficed.

You cannot un do a first impression which is unfortunate because the inn itself was nice and the lady of the establishment was so kind and helpful. In my eyes customer service goes a long way in making a stay memorable this one certainly made an impression on me. For the price I paid vrs. The service I received I was truely ripped off.

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank LeoneDixon
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Our experience was fabulous! Ed and Christine are very friendly, and welcoming! They gave ideas of what to do in the area, and great restaurant recommendations. The room was spotless, and she cleans with natural solutions. The soothing aroma in the room was amazing!!! We slept like babies!! Christine's breakfast was also very nice. Homemade coffee cakes and muffins were delicious, along with the fun brown hard boiled eggs! Haven't seen those in years!!! I highly recommend this motel to anyone in the area!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2013

A few of us make the trip to the mid-coast annually and staying at the Mt. Battie always makes our trip just that much better. Ed & Christine go out of their way to make sure all of our needs are met, including a great breakfast. The rooms are clean, the property is kept in great shape and the gazebo out back adds a great spot for our group to unwind after a day of sightseeing. Each year you can see the continued improvements - landscaping, painting, seating areas...

We will continue to return each year as the Battie gets better and better.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincolnville
Glenmoor by the Sea
#3 of 10 in Rockport
Point Lookout
Point Lookout
#1 of 1 in Northport

Been to Mount Battie Motel? Share your experiences!