“Lovely all-around”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Lincolnville
Houston, Texas
“Lovely all-around”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We were so happy we chose this wonderful motel for a three-night stay. It is comfortable, clean, homey, and welcoming. The hosts went above and beyond to offer help when I needed to find a doctor, and then offered ideas when I felt better and wanted to see sights and have the best Maine experience I could manage with the time I had left after my cold cleared up. Their brochure says you won't go away hungry from their breakfasts and I can vouch for that. Wonderful, moist homebaked goods that taste like they were baked with love. The property is lovely and the room will be your home-away-from-home. I hope I get to return to Maine at some point in my future. If I do, this will be the first place I book accomodations.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Chester Springs, PA
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Thank you Christine and Ed for our lovely 2 day stay in your motel. From the moment we walked in looking for a room without a reservation, you treated us like VIP guests. The room was beautifully decorated, SO CLEAN and smelled great unlike so many 'typical roadside motels'. Clearly you take pride in your beautiful place with not only great customer service but also with how well cared for the property is. The breakfasts were delicious and sitting out on the front porch in the fall morning sunshine was an extra treat. It made the cost of the room worth it knowing you were in a clean motel room, safe, quiet location and yummy homemade breads and muffins warm from the oven and tasty organic brown eggs. "Kate" says thank you too for allowing her to stay! I have already told several friends and family about your motel and to be sure to stay there next time they are in Maine. I have not been back to Maine in about 20 yrs but after staying with your Mt Battie motel I will definitely be back. My friend Helga from Germany who was traveling with me enjoyed her stay as well and took home wonderful memories of our trip to Maine this Fall. Thanks again for your kindness and hospitality. Catherine, Helga and little "Kate".

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Port Washington, New York
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My husband and I found the Mt. Battie Motel to be such a relaxing, welcoming, pretty place to stay on our tenth anniversary driving tour of New England. It sits on the hillside with views of the Penobscot Bay and islands in the distance. So beautiful, especially as you sit outside and enjoy a delicious little home baked breakfast each morning on the Mt. Battie veranda. Wow!
The hosts Ed and Christine are two of the best people we've ever met on any of our travels! Friendly, warm, welcoming and very knowledgeable, they make this place worth a special trip, especially if you're traveling the central coast area. We had a water view room that was clean and comfy. The view was beautiful! The Mt. Battie Motel feels more like a bed and breakfast then motel. Nearby Camden is a wonderful little harbor town and there is so much to do. We did the 2hr sailboat ride and will never forget how beautiful the experience was. The warm welcome we recieved from the hosts ed and christine was such a joy on our long scenic drive.

1 Thank LuluNY19
Tampa
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Mount Battie Motel is a jewel of a find. Perfect location for the Camden, ME area. Ed and Christine are one of the nice people we've met... ever! They go out of their way to make sure your stay is a very pleasant experience. The room was super clean with a very nice smell of freshness. It was a great feeling every time we opened our room door. Christine's breakfast is top notch. She even packed some home made goodies for our journey. Next time my wife and I visit Maine we're sure to stay here again. If you're looking to stay in the Camden area stop what you're doing and book Mount Battie Motel!

Hackensack, Minnesota
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We enjoyed our 2 night stay here and wish we could have stayed in the Camden area longer! Christine & Ed, the owners of Mt. Battie Motel, are great guides for all there is to do. They have many connections with area businesses/attractions with discounts at some. Their motel is clean, the breakfast is delicious and they truly make you feel like an honored guest.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Lombard, Illinois
Reviewed 10 October 2013

My friend and I were driving through Maine and we needed a place to spend the night. We stopped and Christine welcomed us. We planned only to spend 1 night but Christine told us all the things we could do near Lincolnville so we decided to stay for 2 nights. We walked up Mt.Battie, walked to a lighthouse and took a sail boat ride.it was really great. The breakfast was good all homemade a little variety would have been better.Ed and Christine work very hard to make this a pleasant place to stay.The only complaint we had was the smell from the Eco cleaning products they use.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Hawk Point, Missouri
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Our visit to one of the local wineries was made all the better with our stay at Mount Battie. Our room was clean and comfortable, the owners were friendly and really take pride in their motel and the breakfast was great! Lots of fresh breads, coffee and good conversation on the front deck! Hope to make it back up to Maine and Mount Battie again soon.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincolnville
Glenmoor by the Sea
Island View Inn
Island View Inn
#5 of 10 in Rockport
Samoset Resort On The Ocean

Been to Mount Battie Motel? Share your experiences!