This was our third year staying at the Inn to celebrate our wedding anniversary and we were not disappointed it with our experience. We always chose the same room on the ground floor in the corner (I think it's A1) although this year they placed us in the one next to it (A2). I was concerned about possible noise from other rooms but it was faint so it was not an issue. The service at breakfast is very good and so is the food - fresh selection of fruit, yogurt, cereals, pastries and eggs etc... My only complaints are that first, given that we've been there three years in a row I did expect some recognition of our yearly visit, at the very least a 'welcome back' but the hotel must not keep track of repeat costumers so that is a shame because that is a good way to maintain customer loyalty/appreciation. The other comments are that there are not enough sun beds available so if you arrive late in the day or if it's particularly busy then you have to go by the pool (which is fine given the lovely set up) or do as I did, lie on the grass, which is fine too but the sun beds are very comfortable. Finally, the infinity pool is fabulous but it was be so much nicer if it could be heated. By August, nights in Maine cool down so the water temperature is on the cooler side. We did not try their restaurant this year but had previously and were quite happy with the selection and service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on the Western shore of picturesque Penobscot Bay, The Inn at Ocean's Edge is a serene retreat ideally located within minutes of Camden Village with its quaint shops and bustling harbor, Belfast with its vibrant artist colony, and Lincolnville with its sandy beach and ferry to Islesboro. Featuring stunning views of Penobscot Bay and an oceanview Infinity pool & spa, the Inn At Ocean's Edge is perfect for romantic getaways and as a stop-over on your way to Maine's northern destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Inn at Ocean's Edge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At Ocean`s Edge Hotel Lincolnville
- Hotel At Oceans Edge
- At Oceans Edge Lincolnville
- Inn At Ocean's Edge Maine/Lincolnville