“Amazing”

Inn at Ocean's Edge
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Lincolnville
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here a long weekend for her birthday. This place is amazing. The staff is great. The rooms are big and spacious. We had a very tall plush bed to sleep in and view of the bay. Big whirlpool tub to soak in, pool, Jacuzzi......The staff is very nice and breakfast was very good. We plan on staying here again next year.

Room Tip: Watch for the sign it comes up quick.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Architectdave
There are newer reviews for Inn at Ocean's Edge

Reviewed 5 October 2013

My husband I and went for our 20th anniversary. The room was wonderful ( beds a little high but they give you a step stool). Very comfortable to sleep. Multiple pillows so you could find one that matches your sleep needs. Food was simple but good. Grounds and view were amazing. Very easy access to Lincolnville, Camden and other towns up and down the coast. You must have a car in my opinion. I would high recommend this place for a couples getaway. If you had quiet teens they might like to sit and look at the water or read somewhere but would not come with small children.

1  Thank Dana Q
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We stayed from September 23-25. My husband and I are young 23/24 years old. The place is beautiful but I had minor issues with my room. Very loud noises from upstairs of room B1 which I'm assuming was a washing machine but so much movement quite early. I used the body wash and shampoo the first night which had emptied it because it wasn't full to begin with and housekeeping never bothered to refill it. Good thing I had brought my own backups. Nothing related to the inn but I was woke up at 6am one morning from some moron that was staying in the pool house suite yelling.So if you like to sleep with the windows open to hear the ocean at night I'd think twice about it if you don't like to be woken up early by inconsiderate people. The staff is fantastic they made us reservations at fresh in Camden and the food was pricey but probably the best thing I will ever have ate. They even helped my husband tie his tie since he couldn't get it right. I want to return every anniversary to this beautiful place. I really wish B1 wasn't so noise with the water pipes and upstairs wash area. I'd love to stay in the same room we shared on our honeymoon but may opt for a quieter room in the main building. Also we did the VIP vineyard package through the inn with cellar door winery which I highly recommend. The stay at this beautiful place is well worth the money. We drove 400 miles to stay here and I hope every year we can manage to do it

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

We love vacationing in the Camden/Rockport area each year in Sept. This was our first time staying at The inn at Ocean's Edge. We chose this place over other AAA four-diamond rating lodging facilities in the area solely based on their outdoor heated infinity edge pool. Their website had stated that the pool is open and heated " through September" , as is the outdoor jacuzzi. I confirmed this when making our reservations by phone for 3 night late Sept mini vacation (approx. $300++/nt.). We were soooo looking forward to swimming in the pool while gazing out at the ocean bay.
When we arrived, immediately we were impressed with the beautifully kept grounds, gardens, rolling ( and steep) lush lawns, etc. The resort is located / surrounded by lovely woodlands, very quiet. We checked in at the inn, the main building where breakfast is served each morning ( included in our room rate). We had booked a king bed room in the Hilltop House, which sits about 100 yards above the inn. When getting our keys, we mentioned the pool and were told that it isn't heated in September. I mentioned that their website says differently and that we were really disappointed and surprised to hear this since i had specifically asked about it being heated during our stay when making the reservations. We know from experience that some places in this area of Maine with outdoor pools keep them heated and open through September or mid October, and some do not. Yes, it is expensive to heat at that time of year especially with overnight temps being a challenge...but if you advertise it and feature it, then honor it. It doesn't need to be bathwater hot...just heated reasonably.

Moving on....our room in the hilltop was a corner room on the second floor, very spacious, very clean. The ocean view from our balcony was pretty, but note that you're a fairly good distance away from the shore line, so don't expect to be smelling the sea salt air or hearing the sounds of water lapping at the edge of the shore from Hilltop rooms. Carrying up luggage to the second floor was not a problem at all. Our room had gas fireplace and jacuzzi, ceiling fan, lovely two poster bed, two stuffed/ cushioned high back chairs perfect for reading, a flatscreen TV, bathrobes in the closet, a mini fridge in the bathroom. The room was really lovely spacious, airy, and immaculately clean. We loved it.

The hot breakfast included in the room rate was okay, although we only had breakfast there on one morning. The serving time of 8 - 9:30 am (it is served 8 to 10am according to the guest book in the room) was too early for us. We wish it was still being offered til 10 am while we were there. So we had breakfast at the fabulous Home kitchen Cafe in Rockport instead--- amazing food there! be sure to go!

You might find it challenging to enjoy the grounds, chaise lounges, etc. if you have difficulty walking up and down steep hills/ gravel paths and granite/slate steps ( which are naturally uneven). I point this out only because while there we noticed a few guests needing to assist their spouse or parent and taking breaks on the walk down /up to the main inn.

The amenities in the pool house/cabana are lovely --- big comfy reading chairs, huge fireplace, I noticed a stocked fridge ( with honor system for writing up your ticket of what you consume so that you can be charged accordingly). We would have made use of this area had the pool been heated for swimming.

Will we stay there again? not sure. With the recently renovated Samoset Resort, we will most likely go back to Samoset now that it has been spiffed up. They are AAA four diamond as well, similar price point for room rate, and their outdoor pool was still heated when we stopped by for drinks during our stay at Ocean's Edge. However, their pool isn't an infinity edge --- and -- Samoset is huge resort, unlike the small, intimate lodging experience that ocean's Edge provides. We tend to seek out inns/hotels that are 30- 150 rooms-- which is why Inn at ocean's Edge appealed to us.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank lynnz22
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Reservations were well handled but upon arrival we were sent to the wrong room. The manager caught the error but said for us NOT to move. It was the top graded room and it was appreciated.
Breakfast and cookies were also excellent and adequate quantities. Coffee out at 7AM and hot!!
This is a do over!!

Room Tip: Main bldg top floor end. Great cross breeze
Reviewed 24 September 2013

The view, the fireplace, the entire experience was top notch. With a peaceful ocean side setting and professional staff this provided for some much needed down time for my wife and I. Our initial reservation was for 1 evening. We cut our 2 night stay in Bar Harbor and returned to the Inn for another night. With the limited number of rooms there is no crowding at the pool or breakfast area making it very enjoyable. Will definitely will pay a return visit soon.

2  Thank Ernie T
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We stayed at the Inn at Ocean's Edge for 5 nights in mid July. The weather was far
from perfect but the inn itself was absolutely wonderful. The view from our room and
the outdoor areas are stunning.
Very comfortable and a great area. Close to Camden, Rockport and Rockland.
We will definitely return.
A true favorite of ours.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincolnville
Glenmoor by the Sea
#1 of 10 in Camden
Mount Battie Motel
Mount Battie Motel
#1 of 5 in Lincolnville

Been to Inn at Ocean's Edge? Share your experiences!