“I didn't stay......but I would of”

Inn at Ocean's Edge
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Lincolnville
Plymouth, New Hampshire
“I didn't stay......but I would of”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This is perhaps an awkward way to start a review. Made more awkward still by the fact that as you can see I filled in five, count them five, green circles. This makes my overall rating defined as Excellent.
At this point you may ask yourself, but she never even stayed there? What basis does she have to justify her comments? Without the total experience how can one be so bold as to write a review?
Your'e right. But I had to write a review because sometimes in life you are compelled to do the right thing even if you never actually did the thing that you were supposedly right about doing that led you to be right. Got it?
Are you still with me? That's good, because if you drive up and enter through the doors at The Inn at Ocean's Edge and are fortunate enough to work with a member of their staff, Ashley, it will become perfectly clear what I am talking about.
As my husband and I were tooling around Maine he enthusiastically proclaimed "Hey! Since we are so close to Art's place we should pop over. You know how he is always bugging us to come down for dinner, cocktails, and to spend the night. So lets do it! Lets do it for old times sake. Why I haven't seen him since our ten year fraternity get together." I envisioned my self sleeping on the sofa while the "boys" stayed up, drank a few beers, and shared fraternity life stories. I needed to step into action. We continued to drive when I said "Please turn in here!" My husband made a quick left turn into The Inn at Oceans Edge. Jumping out of the car, leaving my husband behind, I looked back and said "I'll be right back."
I entered through the front doors into a transforming experience. Light classical music was playing and a whisper of a scent immediately made you feel as if had arrived back to a place from a long absence. You felt as if you were meant to be there.
I looked over and noticed Ashley in the reception area. I inquired about openings and rates for that very evening. I explained that my husband and I were just enjoying the area and thought we might stay. Not the complete truth but not a complete lie either.
I then came clean with Ashley what my motives were. I wanted to stay at The Inn at Oceans Edge but I needed her help in convincing my husband. Minutes later I was back at the car waiting for passenger side window to open while my husband completed a phone call. I immediately began to share that "I had just quickly asked if there were any rooms available? To my surprise there were! Ashley had even offered us a tour of the property and show us our room! Come on! Lets go!" I didn't wait for his reply as I turned and started to head back to The Inn.
My husband joined me for a wonderful tour of the grounds. Seeing the ocean, the heated outdoor infinity pool perfectly placed for a complete ocean view. With fires to be lit and a hot tub inviting us we then went inside and upstairs to our grand room. A room that fulfills every one of your senses on so many levels. We had concluded our tour and in unison commented on what a beautiful place it was, down to the last detail. My husband excused us and held my arm as we left and turned toward the car. My husband stopped and thanked me for introducing him to such a fantastic place. However, while I was first speaking with Ashley, he had a conversation with Art and promised that were on our way and we were really looking forward to spending some time with him. Dejected, I realized a promise is a promise. With this in mind I joined my husband on our trip to visit Art. On the drive there, my husband turned to me and said " I promise you that the very next trip this way in June we will be staying at The Inn at Ocean's Edge and that he couldn't wait.
By the way, it turned out that Art is a fantastic cook, had a lovely guest room with a king sized bed, and is a magnificent storyteller. June will be here before I know it and I am looking forward to the infinity pool with the ocean view. Maybe even a fire? After all,a promise is a promise.
If you have some time, make a promise to yourself to enjoy life fully. Contact Ashley and book a room at The Inn at Oceans Edge and remember a promise is a promise. Thanks Ashley and see you soon!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Elizabeth K
Migis-Hotels, Manager at Inn at Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear Elizabeth,

Thank you for stopping in, and for taking the time to share your experience! We feel fortunate to have such an attentive Guest Services Staff…and Ashley is a gem for sure. We look forward to welcoming you in June, and wish you a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Greater Cincinnati
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I really hope that no one reads my review of Inn at Ocean's Edge as I'd like to keep this place as my secret! On our trip to the coast of Main a couple of summers ago, we stayed at Inn at Ocean's Edge as our "home base" for traveling throughout the mid-coast. It was surprisingly delightful and very different from most of the Inn's on the coast. It is set back from the main street so out-of-view from traffic and noise. The rooms are appointed quaintly. It has its own very private oceanfront access. You walk through a little forested path to get to the restaurant which is nestled away in the woods. Weather-allowing, eating out on their deck is a true delight. You definitely need reservations for dinner (as we discovered one night when we didn't have them.) I never want this gem to get full so I can always re-book a room here whenever I want, so please don't read my review!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Stephen H
Newton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 December 2013

If you are looking for the perfect getaway in coastal Maine, the Ocean's Edge Inn has it all. First class property, lovely, spacious rooms, gorgeous views of the bay, delicious & sumptuous breakfasts, professional & friendly staff. The grounds are a combination of open green lawns, rocky slopes leading to the water, and pine filled woods. The infinity pool looking overlooking the bay is inviting, and the chaises and Adirondack chairs are relaxing and nap-inducing.

My wife and I enjoyed 3 carefree days at this wonderful resort. Plenty of great restaurants nearby for dinner and the town of Camden has a lovely waterfront and good shopping.

We will return.

Room Tip: A room in the carriage house is worth the extra dollars. Quiet and great views.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Larry S
Amarillo, Texas, United States
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The Inn's accommodations were top notch with a beautiful view of the ocean. The service was exceptional and if you needed anything, it was taken care of immediately. Mount Batty and state park are minutes from the Inn; Rockport and Camden is a short drive for sight seeing and shopping. Head North for a beautiful drive to Acadia National park. Take the Cape Air flight from Boston to Owls Head to avoid the drive from either Boston or Portland. The flight is worth the price of admission. We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary there and we plan on returning.

Room Tip: Room B2 had a large window facing the ocean. The jacuzzi was nice and the king size bed was very com...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Paula B
Windham, Maine
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here a long weekend for her birthday. This place is amazing. The staff is great. The rooms are big and spacious. We had a very tall plush bed to sleep in and view of the bay. Big whirlpool tub to soak in, pool, Jacuzzi......The staff is very nice and breakfast was very good. We plan on staying here again next year.

Room Tip: Watch for the sign it comes up quick.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Architectdave
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 5 October 2013

My husband I and went for our 20th anniversary. The room was wonderful ( beds a little high but they give you a step stool). Very comfortable to sleep. Multiple pillows so you could find one that matches your sleep needs. Food was simple but good. Grounds and view were amazing. Very easy access to Lincolnville, Camden and other towns up and down the coast. You must have a car in my opinion. I would high recommend this place for a couples getaway. If you had quiet teens they might like to sit and look at the water or read somewhere but would not come with small children.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dana Q
Little Falls, New York
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We stayed from September 23-25. My husband and I are young 23/24 years old. The place is beautiful but I had minor issues with my room. Very loud noises from upstairs of room B1 which I'm assuming was a washing machine but so much movement quite early. I used the body wash and shampoo the first night which had emptied it because it wasn't full to begin with and housekeeping never bothered to refill it. Good thing I had brought my own backups. Nothing related to the inn but I was woke up at 6am one morning from some moron that was staying in the pool house suite yelling.So if you like to sleep with the windows open to hear the ocean at night I'd think twice about it if you don't like to be woken up early by inconsiderate people. The staff is fantastic they made us reservations at fresh in Camden and the food was pricey but probably the best thing I will ever have ate. They even helped my husband tie his tie since he couldn't get it right. I want to return every anniversary to this beautiful place. I really wish B1 wasn't so noise with the water pipes and upstairs wash area. I'd love to stay in the same room we shared on our honeymoon but may opt for a quieter room in the main building. Also we did the VIP vineyard package through the inn with cellar door winery which I highly recommend. The stay at this beautiful place is well worth the money. We drove 400 miles to stay here and I hope every year we can manage to do it

• Stayed September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincolnville
Glenmoor by the Sea
#4 of 10 in Camden
Whitehall
Whitehall
#7 of 10 in Camden

Been to Inn at Ocean's Edge? Share your experiences!