“Fabulous”

Inn at Ocean's Edge
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Lincolnville
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Wow. Will definitely be back. Everything wonderful. Staff especially Ashleigh incredibly nice. We had a deluxe hillside room and it was great. Very large room with fireplace, jacuzzi for 2, deck. Windows could use a better window treatment - only had simple shades. When we entered the room there was a bottle of champagne chilling with chocolate covered strawberries and an incredibly beautiful boquet of flowers - all arranged by my husband. The grounds are gorgous. Very well maintained. But the best is the infinity pool and the entire pool area. Hot tub, pool room with bathrooms and fridges stocked with sodas, beer, etc. Outdoor fireplace that we used one night. Had it all to ourselves. Honor bar in main inn as well as at pool area. Yummy breakfast every morning. Wish they had lunch or at least some fruit/snacks at the pool area. Loved every minute of our stay. Wish we could have stayed longer. This is a sister property to Migis Lodge also in Maine where we honeymooned. If you have never been - go! You can tell the owners pay attention to detail and the finer things their guests want.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms in Hillside are corner units but you have to hike up and down to main inn and pool area...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kathy m

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Simply one of the loveliest hotels I have ever stayed in. From the friendly greeting at the front desk, to the tour of the property, the amenities are non-stop. Luxurious accommodations, spa tub for two in the room, honor bar, scrumptious breakfast (on the deck or in the sunny dining room), coffee and cookies in the afternoon, heated infinity pool, hot tub, luxurious pool house, outdoor fireplace, breathtaking ocean views. And above all.....peace and tranquility. We barely left the property. We spent most of the last three days going from pool...to hot tub....and back. A short 5 minute drive to Camden for a bite to eat.....and it was back for more hot tub time. I will definitely plan on going back sooner rather than later. A special note about the staff. I never passed a staff member that didn't go out of their way to say hello, offer advice on things to do, make conversation, and above all give us a great big smile. Everyone was smiling and friendly. The ownership and management should be very proud they have such a great staff. I imagine they have a lot of repeat customers. I will be one of them. Thanks for providing me with a much needed respite from my busy life. I'm restored and rejuvenated. Until next time!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank _Tina_Bal
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My Husband and I went to Inn at Ocean's Edge this year to celebrate our 30th Anniversary. We absolutely LOVE this place ! The staff is phenomenal, from the moment you walk in you are spoiled, by the friendly check in, the Wonderful breakfasts ( makes me wish they had lunch and dinners too !) and suggestions for the day and evenings. The rooms are Beautiful and the views of the bay are my favorite . We vacation in May so the Inn and the towns are just getting ready for a new season, I enjoy the Hot tub and the cool pool. Two years down and my husband and I hope to have fifty more anniversaries at the Inn !

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Meekow
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This is perhaps an awkward way to start a review. Made more awkward still by the fact that as you can see I filled in five, count them five, green circles. This makes my overall rating defined as Excellent.
At this point you may ask yourself, but she never even stayed there? What basis does she have to justify her comments? Without the total experience how can one be so bold as to write a review?
Your'e right. But I had to write a review because sometimes in life you are compelled to do the right thing even if you never actually did the thing that you were supposedly right about doing that led you to be right. Got it?
Are you still with me? That's good, because if you drive up and enter through the doors at The Inn at Ocean's Edge and are fortunate enough to work with a member of their staff, Ashley, it will become perfectly clear what I am talking about.
As my husband and I were tooling around Maine he enthusiastically proclaimed "Hey! Since we are so close to Art's place we should pop over. You know how he is always bugging us to come down for dinner, cocktails, and to spend the night. So lets do it! Lets do it for old times sake. Why I haven't seen him since our ten year fraternity get together." I envisioned my self sleeping on the sofa while the "boys" stayed up, drank a few beers, and shared fraternity life stories. I needed to step into action. We continued to drive when I said "Please turn in here!" My husband made a quick left turn into The Inn at Oceans Edge. Jumping out of the car, leaving my husband behind, I looked back and said "I'll be right back."
I entered through the front doors into a transforming experience. Light classical music was playing and a whisper of a scent immediately made you feel as if had arrived back to a place from a long absence. You felt as if you were meant to be there.
I looked over and noticed Ashley in the reception area. I inquired about openings and rates for that very evening. I explained that my husband and I were just enjoying the area and thought we might stay. Not the complete truth but not a complete lie either.
I then came clean with Ashley what my motives were. I wanted to stay at The Inn at Oceans Edge but I needed her help in convincing my husband. Minutes later I was back at the car waiting for passenger side window to open while my husband completed a phone call. I immediately began to share that "I had just quickly asked if there were any rooms available? To my surprise there were! Ashley had even offered us a tour of the property and show us our room! Come on! Lets go!" I didn't wait for his reply as I turned and started to head back to The Inn.
My husband joined me for a wonderful tour of the grounds. Seeing the ocean, the heated outdoor infinity pool perfectly placed for a complete ocean view. With fires to be lit and a hot tub inviting us we then went inside and upstairs to our grand room. A room that fulfills every one of your senses on so many levels. We had concluded our tour and in unison commented on what a beautiful place it was, down to the last detail. My husband excused us and held my arm as we left and turned toward the car. My husband stopped and thanked me for introducing him to such a fantastic place. However, while I was first speaking with Ashley, he had a conversation with Art and promised that were on our way and we were really looking forward to spending some time with him. Dejected, I realized a promise is a promise. With this in mind I joined my husband on our trip to visit Art. On the drive there, my husband turned to me and said " I promise you that the very next trip this way in June we will be staying at The Inn at Ocean's Edge and that he couldn't wait.
By the way, it turned out that Art is a fantastic cook, had a lovely guest room with a king sized bed, and is a magnificent storyteller. June will be here before I know it and I am looking forward to the infinity pool with the ocean view. Maybe even a fire? After all,a promise is a promise.
If you have some time, make a promise to yourself to enjoy life fully. Contact Ashley and book a room at The Inn at Oceans Edge and remember a promise is a promise. Thanks Ashley and see you soon!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Elizabeth K
Migis-Hotels, Manager at Inn at Ocean's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear Elizabeth,

Thank you for stopping in, and for taking the time to share your experience! We feel fortunate to have such an attentive Guest Services Staff…and Ashley is a gem for sure. We look forward to welcoming you in June, and wish you a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I really hope that no one reads my review of Inn at Ocean's Edge as I'd like to keep this place as my secret! On our trip to the coast of Main a couple of summers ago, we stayed at Inn at Ocean's Edge as our "home base" for traveling throughout the mid-coast. It was surprisingly delightful and very different from most of the Inn's on the coast. It is set back from the main street so out-of-view from traffic and noise. The rooms are appointed quaintly. It has its own very private oceanfront access. You walk through a little forested path to get to the restaurant which is nestled away in the woods. Weather-allowing, eating out on their deck is a true delight. You definitely need reservations for dinner (as we discovered one night when we didn't have them.) I never want this gem to get full so I can always re-book a room here whenever I want, so please don't read my review!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Stephen H
Reviewed 29 December 2013

If you are looking for the perfect getaway in coastal Maine, the Ocean's Edge Inn has it all. First class property, lovely, spacious rooms, gorgeous views of the bay, delicious & sumptuous breakfasts, professional & friendly staff. The grounds are a combination of open green lawns, rocky slopes leading to the water, and pine filled woods. The infinity pool looking overlooking the bay is inviting, and the chaises and Adirondack chairs are relaxing and nap-inducing.

My wife and I enjoyed 3 carefree days at this wonderful resort. Plenty of great restaurants nearby for dinner and the town of Camden has a lovely waterfront and good shopping.

We will return.

Room Tip: A room in the carriage house is worth the extra dollars. Quiet and great views.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Larry S
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The Inn's accommodations were top notch with a beautiful view of the ocean. The service was exceptional and if you needed anything, it was taken care of immediately. Mount Batty and state park are minutes from the Inn; Rockport and Camden is a short drive for sight seeing and shopping. Head North for a beautiful drive to Acadia National park. Take the Cape Air flight from Boston to Owls Head to avoid the drive from either Boston or Portland. The flight is worth the price of admission. We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary there and we plan on returning.

Room Tip: Room B2 had a large window facing the ocean. The jacuzzi was nice and the king size bed was very com...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paula B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincolnville
Glenmoor by the Sea
#2 of 10 in Camden
Mount Battie Motel
Mount Battie Motel
#1 of 5 in Lincolnville

Been to Inn at Ocean's Edge? Share your experiences!