“Definitely the most relaxing place to get away from it all!”

Victorian by the Sea
Ranked #2 of 9 Lincolnville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 September 2012

The Victorian is the perfect get away. Jeanne and Rob are the perfect hosts! Every aspect is well attended to. Emmaculate,homey, and comfortable. The full breakfast was delicious and served with finesse. We'll be back whenever we visit our daughter at Bates!!

• Stayed: September 2012
There are newer reviews for Victorian by the Sea

Reviewed 16 August 2012

My husband and I recently spent three nights at this lovely B&B just outside of Camden. The location was perfect: away from busy Rte. 1, on beautiful and extensive grounds, and only a short walk from the water. Hosts Jeanne and Rob Short were so warm and welcoming, offering expert knowledge about local hikes, wineries, and restaurants, and the most magnificent breakfasts. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2012

The Inn is beautiful and wonderfully quiet. We attended the Lobster Fest in Rockland and were also told by the Innkeepers about a wonderful spa nearby. The owners had information about the area and really made you feel like you had come home. Will definitely go again just to sit on the porch and watch the view.

Room Tip: This is one of the few inns I could find with two beds in a room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I'm not much for B&B's but this experience was super. Was dropping my teen daughter off at the photography workshop in Rockport. Found this place online and selected it simply because it had two beds. But boy was this a lucky choice. The house is immaculate, with beautiful gardens. The innkeepers, Jeanne and Rob, define what a host should be - warm, sociable, helpful. The breakfast was wonderful and we exchanged recipes (tip: ask for the blueberry scones as a favor if they are not planned for that day). After breakfast head into Camden, explore the nearby state park, visit a lighthouse or just head down a little path to walk along the rocky shoreline. The Inn can provide maps. It seemed as if all needs were anticipated. We had such a good time, I made a reservation for my wife who was heading up with a friend a week later to pick up our daughter from her camp. And Jeanne even saved a breakfast for her! Wonderful folk.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2012

On a recent visit to Maine we enjoyed a delightful stay at the Victorian By The Sea in Lincolnville, 4 miles north of Camden. The Innkeepers Jeanne and Robert Short were personable and readily available to provide local information. A super breakfast topped the pampering we experienced!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2012

The innkeepers are very warm and hospitable. The room was charming and comfortable. We felt very pampered but there was such a personal touch. Will definitely go back again.

Room Tip: You must walk to the beach and watched the sunrise over th ocean. It was an almost spiritual experie...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2012

While my husband was in Afghanistan and I in the States, we both researched Maine bed and breakfasts online for his mid-tour R&R. Coincidentally, both of us fell in love with the Victorian by the Sea! When I called to inquire about reservations (we needed flexibility in case my husband's military travel home was disrupted in any way), Jeanne (one of the owners) ensured we would be accommodated in case of changes and we received a 15% military discount. I knew as soon as I made the reservation that my husband and I selected the right place; Jeanne was so friendly and helpful.

We spent 3 weeknights in May in the Victorian Suite and we couldn't have been happier with our stay. Robert and Jeanne are the most lovely people and their bed and breakfast is FIRST CLASS! We arrived a little bit early at the beginning of our stay, dropped off our luggage and received recommendations for lunch from Jeanne. We drove 5 minutes into Camden and ate lunch at the Camden Deli - delicious - and walked around the little town and did some shopping. Once it was time to check in, we made our way back to the Victorian by the Sea and immediately were taken to the Victorian Suite. Oh my goodness, the suite was JUST renovated and was beautiful. My husband and I definitely felt spoiled. We had a comfortable four post bed with pillows that were divine. The suite also had an electric fireplace which we used every night! The claw footed tub was perfect for soaking (especially after a day of hiking 15 miles). The hardwood floors were refinished and the entire suite was immaculate. Nothing went unnoticed. We had clean bathrobes daily, chocolates and bottles of water on our dresser after the daily cleaning, plentiful towels (I appreciated the washcloth specifically for makeup removal), and tons of space for our luggage (there is a built in dresser and a closet with drawers and hanging space). It felt like home. The view from the suite looked out onto the water and was breathtaking. We enjoyed our evening time in the sitting area by the fireplace reading and visiting.

The breakfasts prepared by Robert and Jeanne were absolutely delicious. Every morning I joked that I wouldn't need to eat lunch because we got spoiled every breakfast. Each morning we had a pastry of some sort (the BEST rhubarb muffins on the 3rd morning!), fresh fruit (we had a fruit and yogurt concoction, glazed pears, and fruit plate), some form of egg (eggs florentine and crab and mushroom omelet were to die for), toast, and bacon or sausage. Every morning Robert and Jeanne would also inquire about our food preferences (there are sometimes options) - they definitely made sure we got what we wanted! Fresh coffee was available every morning and hot water was available the entire day for tea (I made use of this amenity)! In addition, the kitchen has a refrigerator to store leftovers and any beverages or snacks you might want during your stay. Mini microwaveable bags of popcorn and freshly baked cookies are also available for snacking in the evening.

When my husband and I weren't relaxing in our luxurious suite, we walked out (.8 miles) to the Rockland Breakwater Lighthouse (so neat), visited the Transportation Museum in Rockville, explored the cute town of Camden and spent a day hiking on the various trails in the area (Robert and Jeanne are incredibly knowledgeable about the trails and different views from each).

We absolutely had the best, most relaxing time at the Victorian by the Sea! We could've stayed at least another night, if not more. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Danielle C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincolnville
Glenmoor by the Sea
Samoset Resort On The Ocean
Blue Harbor House Inn
Blue Harbor House Inn
#1 of 19 in Camden

Been to Victorian by the Sea? Share your experiences!