“it was our lucky day”

The Blue Bird Ranch Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Machias
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lynchburg
“it was our lucky day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

We had a late lunch after hiking the trails at Quoddy Head State Park. We chose a daily special, meatloaf. The tasty servings were very generous. Unpretentious surroundings. Desserts, visible in a glass case, looked scrumptious and well worth a try, but we ran out of steam after the meatloaf. All in all, lunch was a wonderful surprise.

1 Thank Sue H

Fitchburg, Massachusetts
“Pleasantly surprised.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Went here for breakfast and it was a very busy place. Must be the highlight in this town. I ordered a simple breakfast and my friend the same. The place is very clean and the service was very good. They also serve lunch and supper and serve alcohol.

1 Thank John C
Bar Harbor
“Brontasaurus Prime Rib”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Well, for a family restaurant Down East, I suppose you get what you pay for. Very reasonable prices. Food took a while to come for sure, but I guess that was because I ordered (mistakenly) the chargrilled prime rib. The cut was perhaps two inches thick, and I never did get it done to my preferred medium temperature. It was raw the first time off the grill, and had been obviously garlic salted, then when it went back for more grilling I think it got more garlic salted. Basically, I wound up with a somewhat raw, massive slab of meat that tasted like a salt lick.

The wait staff were very nice, busy though and rushed off their feet obviously. My partner did not like her cheesesteak wrap at all. The onion rings were good!

Brunswick, Maine
“Excellent Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Being one of two sit down restaurant choices - this and Helen's - there doesn't seem to be much competition in town. But the breakfast was definitely worth the price ($4 for a huge breakfast burrito). Service was a little slow but looked as if she might have been working by herself.

Bowdoinham, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Who Knew?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

We traveled from Midcoast Maine to the Canadian border and was at Cobscook bay so we ask the Ranger for a recommendation for a seafood restaurant in the area ( I'm from Maine and I'm a server/Bartender so I am very picky) He said Blue bird Ranch in Machias . It's nothing to look at, but it's clean and cozy and retro.The server Melissa was a hoot and an great Bartender, her Cosmo was excellent , she recommended the seafood cakes so we got those and still when it came to the table we were skeptical. They were melt in your mouth wonderful. We also had homemade onion rings (Wonderful too) Seriously great experience, Thank Melissa

• Visited April 2014