“Great Rural Maine Getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Machias
The Inn at Schoppee Farm
Ranked #1 of 1 Machias B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We discovered the Inn on TripAdvisor and stayed for one night in August on our way to Canada. This inn is so lovely, we could easily have stayed longer. We stayed in the Burnham Room. It was extremely comfortable, airy and had all the amenities that nice hotels offer. I especially liked the shower which had a dispenser for body soap, shampoo and conditioner...something I have NOT found in nice hotels. The view from our room was amazing! It was a treat to walk to Helen's for dinner and breakfast and stop along the way to view the vendors on the bridge. David was so friendly and helpful. Unfortunately we did not have the pleasure to meet Julie...maybe next time. We highly recommend this inn.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Inn at Schoppee Farm

Reviewed 8 August 2013

We stayed at the Inn August 5, 2013 and will now hold every other place we stay at to their standards. Drew room was understated, bright, airy and beautiful, with water views on both sides, walking trail along water, whirlpool tub, frig, microwave, Keirug machine, Direct tv, antique furniture and new deck off room. Grounds were immaculately kept with a hammock and also a fire pit. Innkeepers were friendly and welcoming. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Drew Room has whirlpool and pine floors
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank S B
Reviewed 8 July 2013

What a great motorcycle trip! We can't wait to return to Schoppee Farm in Machias! A former working dairy farm, it's got character all over the place! It's like staying upstairs in somebody's farmhouse!! Wide painted wood floors, private bath, antiques! Just fabulous. And David and Julie are great hosts. They also own Helen's Restaurant right next door where you get a 50% discount on Breakfast and also a small discount for other meals. Helen's is fabulous!! We ate there exclusively for 3 days! 5 Star visit all the way around!!
Joni and Pete from Portland

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J0niB
Reviewed 5 June 2013

What a charming Inn run by simply delightful people. The rooms were cozy ,clean, quiet and private. I LOVED the antique furnishings and luxury bathrooms! There was a fridge, microwave, Keurig coffee maker,tv, iron & ironing board,hair blower, wine glasses and cork screw in the room. All you need is to bring your favorite bottle of wine to sip and watch the gorgeous sunset out your window. I had the best Quiche at Helen's restaurant that I ever tasted in my life.!!! We stayed here on two occasions to make early morning appointments to Downeast Community Hospital and Machias Dental but next time we're going just to relax and sip that wine. The hosts Julie and David Barker are two of the most welcoming people you will have the PLEASURE to meet.Thanks from Janis and Bill.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JanBow
Reviewed 3 May 2013

We stayed here on a recent business trip and found it to be very comfortable. The room was very clean and spacious with a lovely view of the river. The inn is right beside a wonderful walking trail. The owners were very welcoming. I loved the peaceful room,comfortable bed, great reading chairs and gas fireplace. The room also had a great desk with wireless internet. We will definatley stay here again and would highly recommend for anyone who is loking for a peaceful retreat at the end of the day. Very nice!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank maggiemay1040
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I don't know what the glitch was with the reviewer Angela E. All I can say is that the Bakers and the Schoppee Inn were the most wonderful experience of my all my travels last year. As a traveling health provider, I had the fortunate occasion to be a guest there for ten weeks. They made me feel like family. Going above and beyond the usual "innkeepers" they went out of their way to make me feel welcomed, even going so far as to bring me a complete Thanksgiving take out meal from their family gathering. ( every other single store and restaurant in the entire city was closed!) Don't be misled by a single bad review. Go there! You won't be sorry, I promise.

Room Tip: Ask for the loft over the barn, full wall of windows overlooking the Machias River.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Made reservations with the inn in July 2012 for a stay in October/November. Stayed with the Barker's two weeks over the course of three for business. Spoke directly with David Barker the night before check out of my last week confirming reservations for one night 11/19. Noteworthly because originally thought I needed for night of 11/21 day before thanksgiving. Arrived at 6:00 pm 11/19 just after another couple. Was told by David that because I didn't call to confirm, he didn't hold the room. I had never called before and reminded him that I confirmed directly with him as he was standing in his kitchen the night of 11/6. Asked if I needed a room. Of course, I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere without a reservation. He called his brother's place. And then I decided to opt out of giving money to the Barkers and stayed at the Bluebird, which is relatively clean at least. Obviously money was more important as they left the credit card slip of the couple there before me and they were getting more for the room that was originally supposed to go to me. Not cool and not very thankful. Won't stay with the Barker's again.

Room Tip: Stay at the Bluebird.
Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank Angela E
schoppee, Owner at The Inn at Schoppee Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2015

Dear Angela,

Thank you for your online review. It is vital that we hear from all of our guests to ensure they have the most enjoyable stay possible.

Having you and your business associates frequent the Inn several times at our business discount within a short period we would have been thrilled to have had you join us again. Our appologies for not having accomodations available for you when you arrived on the date mentioned. We are very careful with our bookings and handle them with upmost care.

We are glad that you found the Bluebird Motel to be a satisfactory alternative for your stay in Machias.

Julie and David Barker

Also consider these accommodations in or near Machias
Machias River Inn
#1 of 1 in Dennysville
Margaretta Inn
Margaretta Inn
#1 of 3 in Machias

Been to The Inn at Schoppee Farm? Share your experiences!